The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

User Interface Improvement

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Just published the vertical version. Will add real time consumption
I still prefer the transfer case and gear box somewhere in the middle, for instance "in" the safari roofs.

I hope you are an Ineos employee, or designer working for them :love:, because your proposal is really very nice!

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great effort. Just a shame that this will go NOWHERE with INEOS. They can't even update the 2023 build cars with the latest software as testing will take 12 months (according to interview done with Robert Pepper)
View: https://youtu.be/v_a5lNqlh_E?si=4J9pTHzhVogW5Ec2
You are probably right... 1 year I'm waiting for an update fixing ventilation and air conditioning blowing burning air whatever setting you try (manual, auto, ...)... They don't know how to do basic unit tests... Nor handling customers / community on whom they should rely rather than alienate...

I hope we won't have to go to court to make them see reason. As it is, I've never seen such stubborn people, who don't know what to say about obvious problems. That says a lot about the way INEOS (doesn't) operates.

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I still prefer the transfer case and gear box somewhere in the middle, for instance "in" the safari roofs.

I hope you are an Ineos employee, or designer working for them :love:, because your proposal is really very nice!
Thank you. That's easy to change... Here is attached "your version" ;)

I'm not and INEOS employee... Nor working for them...
Just trying to get answers and problmes fixed (with no luck) from Lynn Calder & Luis Ramos.

I should probably offer my services to INEOS: user interface and customer experience/path are parts of my job for dozens of years... I should sell them one of my lectures ;)

Screenshot_2024-07-14_at_15-21-09_IG_UI_Proposal_by_C.CORP_VerticalRender005.png

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
Off on the right, how about putting locker status? Front lock, center lock, rear lock?

I like the at a glance view.
On the fuel gauge percentage maybe add an overlay; a left to right bar graph to indicate fill level?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dok

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Off on the right, how about putting locker status? Front lock, center lock, rear lock?

I like the at a glance view.
On the fuel gauge percentage maybe add an overlay; a left to right bar graph to indicate fill level?
For the lockers is that what you were expecting? Added locker status on the rights + top left in the gear box panel. Working on the graph!2024-07-15_at_16-22-13_IG_UI_Proposal_by_C.CORP_VerticalRender009.png

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I like it, looks great when aligned to the pitch and roll numbers on the other side.

How about for roll to put an arrow up on top and create a 0 degree in the upper fever, followed by minor ticks at 5 degrees and major ticks at 20 degrees. Put the actual roll percentage in the upper half of the circle and move the arrow along the scale to indicate roll. Similar to how aircraft does it.

I would do something similar for wheel angle but put the line in center, the measurements below and text above. I would keep the scale constant color and not add other numbers in green.

Same thing for pitch but put the scale in the center and make zero the midpoint. Put the number to the right and text the left on the scale.

Use a consistent coloring theme.
Green/white/light gray - ok
Amber - informational alert
Yellow - hazard
Red - emergency
Blue - pure informational

I would make lockers either text or background blue when activated for instance.

But in general I really like it. I like the previous version of the transmission selector better.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
For the lockers is that what you were expecting? Added locker status on the rights + top left in the gear box panel. Working on the graph!View attachment 7863671
Distance to empty would be handy as an alternate in Fuel as this seems considerably more accurate (or intuitive) than the fuel gauge. 😀

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes indeed!! Here is a new version (haven't work yet on wheels/roll & pitch)

View attachment 7863725
I like it
How about moving the fuel bar down to be the background of the text "fuel" for a more integrated look?

And for the lockers, maybe make the locker symbol itself blue as well as the circle around it? I would make the locker symbol 25% bigger inside the circle for readability.

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I like it
How about moving the fuel bar down to be the background of the text "fuel" for a more integrated look?

And for the lockers, maybe make the locker symbol itself blue as well as the circle around it? I would make the locker symbol 25% bigger inside the circle for readability.
2024-07-16_at_16-06-06_IG_UI_Proposal_by_C.CORP_VerticalRender013.png2024-07-16_at_16-06-06_IG_UI_Proposal_by_C.CORP_fullScr001.png

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I like it, looks great when aligned to the pitch and roll numbers on the other side.

How about for roll to put an arrow up on top and create a 0 degree in the upper fever, followed by minor ticks at 5 degrees and major ticks at 20 degrees. Put the actual roll percentage in the upper half of the circle and move the arrow along the scale to indicate roll. Similar to how aircraft does it.

I would do something similar for wheel angle but put the line in center, the measurements below and text above. I would keep the scale constant color and not add other numbers in green.

Same thing for pitch but put the scale in the center and make zero the midpoint. Put the number to the right and text the left on the scale.

I'm not familiar with aircraft but I also prefer a visual indicator, like a gauge or arrow, for real time assessment at a glance. Text and numbers are for confirmation of details. Analogue gauges show events in real time. An example would be when a vehicle is leaning more and more in a direction not easily discerned against the terrain. Scrolling numbers just become a blur. Try reading a numeric tachometer while going through the gears sometime.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
Why reinvent the wheel - happy with the Ineos version. However, I agree that some of the colours used are not vivid enough.

BTW: Tyre is spelt incorrectly. :)

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why reinvent the wheel - happy with the Ineos version. However, I agree that some of the colours used are not vivid enough.

I did correct the typo "type pression" instead of "tire/tyre pression"... The software update was a great improvement on road but offroad it is still a nightmare. I didn't succeed using the interface with gloves while driving offroad with hives at the back. I don't want to have to wait for messages / errors screens to disapear so I can see what's going on / remaining fuel and so on. I did find myself in quite tricky conditions with bunch of messages hiding what was important.

Last time I had almost a dozen of messages scrolling across the screen... Not to mention various sounds or "random screen crash".
I just want to be able to focus on driving in peace and quiet.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score

And so it should be, being an English design.

Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
green good / red bad. use whatever color floats your boat for the gauge box or background, but the unit numbers should always be green good / red bad. it's the digital version of clocking your needle gauges so normal operation for the needle is always straight up. it draws attention to the problem child.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did correct the typo "type pression" instead of "tire/tyre pression"... The software update was a great improvement on road but offroad it is still a nightmare. I didn't succeed using the interface with gloves while driving offroad with hives at the back. I don't want to have to wait for messages / errors screens to disapear so I can see what's going on / remaining fuel and so on. I did find myself in quite tricky conditions with bunch of messages hiding what was important.

Last time I had almost a dozen of messages scrolling across the screen... Not to mention various sounds or "random screen crash".
I just want to be able to focus on driving in peace and quiet.
100%, it's often what's behind the error messages that you want to see right now, not having to wait for the error to scroll.... It actually ends up a considerable distraction whilst you are trying to get to the info you need.

Reactions: Dok

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
green good / red bad. use whatever color floats your boat for the gauge box or background, but the unit numbers should always be green good / red bad. it's the digital version of clocking your needle gauges so normal operation for the needle is always straight up. it draws attention to the problem child.
8% of men are red-green colour blind.
Better factor another option 😉

Back
Top Bottom