The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

tire life

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
Hi, how many km are there during your original equipment bfg at ko3?
I got to 18,000 km but now in the wet they don't hold well anymore.

Unfortunately it's not news that the bfg tires soon stop gripping well on wet surfaces but I was hoping for better given that the tread seems new.

I would like to mount the cooper st-maxx like I had in the defender but I don't think they are available. Has anyone mounted them?

Thanks

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:39 PM
Reaction score
I love the ST/Maxx. It is on my list but I may go for a more modern R/T pattern tire. I’ve only got 5k on my stock ‘Stones, so it will be a while before I look at tires.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score

Unfortunately it's not news that the bfg tires soon stop gripping well on wet surfaces but I was hoping for better given that the tread seems new.

I would like to mount the cooper st-maxx like I had in the defender but I don't think they are available. Has anyone mounted them?

Thanks
Could not follow this experience, around 20.000km driven and no difference to new tires. Just solved 5000 km Germany, Montenegro, Albania and back. And a lot of wet conditions on tarmac….. and offroad too😉

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score

Thanks
Apparently the KO3's are much better. KO2s have a reputation for weak performance in the wet. Cooper ST Maxx is my favourite tyre.

View: https://youtu.be/UQlcwKUwrg8

View: https://youtu.be/gTKgiqgDNwQ

Back
Top Bottom