The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

"THE ANONYMOUS BOOK" but for Grenadiers

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
For those that may not know BMW MOA (the motorbike club) publishes a list of members who are willing to help out another member and offer up assistance in whatever capacity they can. When I say assistance it is pretty wide ranging

• c - Camping or tent space available
  • b - Sheltered bedroll space
  • r - Spare room available
  • d - Member will travel a distance to help depending on situation and time
  • ws - Space to work on a motorcycle available
  • wt - Working tools available
  • p - Some parts available
  • t - Truck or trailer available
  • m - Mechanical help offered
  • e - Services offered in emergencies only
  • kk - Coffee and conversation available
"The Anonymous Book is all about members helping members. For years, MOA members have used the Anonymous Book as a BMW Rider's roadside assistance plan - and it still works today.

The Anonymous Book is available to every member in good standing. "

Quite a few Grenadier owners are members of the BMW MOA and have contacted me about putting this together. As we're a pretty dispersed group of individuals literally at the 4 corners of the earth I personally think this is a good idea and would be a natural extension of the members map which we already have. There was recently and owner who used the NA flatbed towing service and then was hit with an excess milage bill, perhaps this could have been avoided if we had the book....

https://m.facebook.com/groups/grenadierownersusa/ its a private group but I know a lot of you are on there as well.

So please chime in, but take the time to have a read on the link above where it gets into the nitty gritty of things. Our offering will be on similar lines, as why try to reinvent a great idea when those guys have nailed it already.

Stu.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
OK, I'll put out an email to the community about this. Its a big task so lets hope the uptake is high. I think it personally will be a valuable resource, but lets see how the community takes to the idea.
Hopefully, this is a vehicle of such high reliability, that this community will not be needed so much. That said, always good to contact someone in a particular area for local advice, etc. I'm in.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
Hopefully, this is a vehicle of such high reliability, that this community will not be needed so much. That said, always good to contact someone in a particular area for local advice, etc. I'm in.
It also doubles up as a way for people to connect as well This is such a dispersed community that you could be overnighting a couple of miles from an owner and not know it.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
I used to work in publishing on directories for magazines (Design News, Industrial Distribution, Modern Materials Handling, Purchasing Magazine Chemicals Directory, and American Public Warehouse Register) on the database and page layout side. Would be happy to offer help in setting up a database and fields, etc.

I can also reach out to former colleagues about doing print and online versions as well.

Back
Top Bottom