The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TFL, USA YouTube review

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
BY the way the aux battery has always been standard on the trialmaster.

Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
He ate nuts and bolts for breakfast and spat release oil I’m sure. Tim was a great bloke, spent way too long geeking out over so many things.

But yes. The dealer vehicles are 23.75my vehicles, for want of a better description. The last few items still waiting for regulatory approval then a software flash and they’re pretty much up to 24my spec. (I’ll go over the off camera audio again and see if I can find the part where Greg was explaining to us)
The Seattle MM Trial Master was actually a MY23 based on the VIN. "P" and 003349. Crazy only 109 miles when I test drove. Love it!

Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
See posts above from Stu, anand and Bruce in regards to what is different.
I still dont see the "pre-production" of it.
The vehicle has been essentially set and on the market for over a year.
Whenever someone commented on fit and finish or something the go to answer has always been "its a pre-production" model.
Adding a couple of options doesnt elevate it from a pre-production to production model.
I contend the vehicles that were brought to the U.S. to show case were production models from other parts of the world rather than a true "pre-production" model.
Relax, Im not knocking anything, just sayin.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Whenever someone commented on fit and finish or something the go to answer has always been "its a pre-production" model.
Adding a couple of options doesnt elevate it from a pre-production to production model.
I contend the vehicles that were brought to the U.S. to show case were production models from other parts of the world rather than a true "pre-production" model.
You're not wrong... the PTO2's were pre-production (and not even built in Hambach); these demo vehicles are just pre-US production

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, the pto2 were proper pre-production, the others not, but perhaps pre-homologation?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You're not wrong... the PTO2's were pre-production (and not even built in Hambach); these demo vehicles are just pre-US production
No the PTO2s (PTO = Production Try Out) were made in Hambach. The earlier ones 2B prototypes with the 3D printed interiors etc were essentially hand built by Magna Steyr in their facilities

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No the PTO2s (PTO = Production Try Out) were made in Hambach. The earlier ones 2B prototypes with the 3D printed interiors etc were essentially hand built by Magna Steyr in their facilities
We were told by both US and UK staff that the US PTO2 vehicles were also assembled at Magna (built summer of '22)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
We were told by both US and UK staff that the US PTO2 vehicles were also assembled at Magna (built summer of '22)
I was told by Ineos staff late 2022 that all PTO2 vehicles (at that time only in the UK) were built on the production line at Hambach

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t think that’s correct

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
I was told by Ineos staff late 2022 that all PTO2 vehicles (at that time only in the UK) were built on the production line at Hambach
My understanding isthat PTO = "Production Try Out" these were the initial vehicles which came from the Hambach production line as processes and procedures were refined and the factory "learned" how to build the product. They were not prototypes and hence were able to be driven by the public. ( = initially those who had stumped up the holding deposit).

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the PTOs were also way heavier than production cars were going to be?

The video is good. TFL does an OK job, lots of B roll film, but not that much info or compare and contrast. We all know the details, but things like WHY the steering is different, and nothing on the back story. They alluded to issues with the lockers in the Toyotas- I really wanted to know more about that.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What is HMI software and why is it better?
HMI = Human Machine Interface; in common language, the touch screen and infotainment system.

There have been a handful of updates since the MY23 vehicles first got into the hands of global consumers earlier this year (and, updates before that point as well). The MY24s are reported to have another HMI update (which I would presume would also be applicable to the MY23s that are roaming the world currently)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HMI = Human Machine Interface; in common language, the touch screen and infotainment system.

There have been a handful of updates since the MY23 vehicles first got into the hands of global consumers earlier this year (and, updates before that point as well). The MY24s are reported to have another HMI update (which I would presume would also be applicable to the MY23s that are roaming the world currently)
GUI is a similar thing - graphic/graphical user interface

Back
Top Bottom