The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TFL, USA YouTube review

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
I never understood what TFL is about. Utterly boring people that do nothing interesting.

But they have multiple YouTube channels! :LOL:

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Only good for HD video of a product that I couldn't get signed up to see in person. Still salty, still gonna buy one lol

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I never understood what TFL is about. Utterly boring people that do nothing interesting.
Their quantitative testing on the 4wheel drive testing gear is interesting since you can see how and what is happening with the different 4WD systems. Not the most in depth, but better than most. No Carimissa, but interesting.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like a real (sort of) drive of a production NA Gren.
Technically it isn't a production NA vehicle, the dealer demos still aren't actual production vehicles.

With that being said, he harped several times about being able to drive it "without Ineos people", but didn't do anything that hasn't been done before

Local time
Reaction score
Technically it isn't a production NA vehicle, the dealer demos still aren't actual production vehicles.

With that being said, he harped several times about being able to drive it "without Ineos people", but didn't do anything that hasn't been done before
The Ineos people were super kind to me at the drive event. Especially the Englishman who explained all the engineering at the drive events. Not sure what they are complaining about!!!

Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score

A bit off topic, but I didn’t know that the dealer demos weren’t production vehicles. They aren’t prototypes, what are they? How are they different? I’m waiting to take a drive in one, just curious how it’s different than the one I’m waiting on (options aside).

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but I didn’t know that the dealer demos weren’t production vehicles. They aren’t prototypes, what are they? How are they different? I’m waiting to take a drive in one, just curious how it’s different than the one I’m waiting on (options aside).
I was told there's some new fittings that they changed for the 2024 model but the demos don't have yet. Something with the door and the transfer lever were specifically mentioned. They wanted to reserve parts for customer cars was the line my dealer used. The demos are also missing the big red buttons from the PTO2 run, which I actually missed a bit on my test drive. I may need to find a red travel mug or get some red duct tape to recreate the vibe.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The dealer/Ineos/press demos are more like MY23.75 vehicles; they have the headliner/windshields for the ADAS camera, but no ADAS camera installed; they are running RoW HMI software, not the latest and greatest that will be on our NA MY24 vehicles; and some may be missing little bits here and there (like one of the Trialmasters that I've seen doesn't have the dual battery set up which would be standard on MY24, but was still optional for MY23).

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
The Ineos people were super kind to me at the drive event. Especially the Englishman who explained all the engineering at the drive events. Not sure what they are complaining about!!!
Totally agree, lol. That English guy was amazing! He was at the Houston event I attended but not the Colorado Springs one.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Totally agree, lol. That English guy was amazing! He was at the Houston event I attended but not the Colorado Springs one.
Tim (lovingly referred to on the PTO2 tour as Tech Talk Tim), was definitely at Colorado Springs (as well as the Illinois event that @Mr.Espresso attended). I'm not certain if he was at either of the TX events as he was also at the San Fran (which overlapped with Dallas)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Tim (lovingly referred to on the PTO2 tour as Tech Talk Tim), was definitely at Colorado Springs (as well as the Illinois event that @Mr.Espresso attended). I'm not certain if he was at either of the TX events as he was also at the San Fran (which overlapped with Dallas)
He ate nuts and bolts for breakfast and spat release oil I’m sure. Tim was a great bloke, spent way too long geeking out over so many things.

But yes. The dealer vehicles are 23.75my vehicles, for want of a better description. The last few items still waiting for regulatory approval then a software flash and they’re pretty much up to 24my spec. (I’ll go over the off camera audio again and see if I can find the part where Greg was explaining to us)

Local time
Reaction score

I keep hearing that, "pre-production vehicle," and I suppose technically it is, but what is the difference between between the U.S. "preproduction" vehicles and the ones that have been rolling around for the last year or so in other parts of the world?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I keep hearing that, "pre-production vehicle," and I suppose technically it is, but what is the difference between between the U.S. "preproduction" vehicles and the ones that have been rolling around for the last year or so in other parts of the world?
Difference between MY23 and MY24... Maybe that is a more appropriate moniker for the dealer/press demo vehicles... They are production vehicles, however, they are not MY24 production vehicles and are a hybrid of MY23 and MY24

Local time
Reaction score
Difference between MY23 and MY24... Maybe that is a more appropriate moniker for the dealer/press demo vehicles... They are production vehicles, however, they are not MY24 production vehicles and are a hybrid of MY23 and MY24
Ok, but what are the differences?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Standard aux battery on trialmaster, standard subwoofer on fieldmaster, ADAS-1 on all models; and availability of the inverter. Additionally the MY24s have yet-to-be-released HMI software updates as well.

There may be some other behind-the-scenes changes (I've heard that wiring may be slightly different between the two), and of course I wouldn't be surprised to see parts updates/part number supersessions as are normal with new model years

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Pretty sure it is mostly current software, plus the driver aids/adas package, and then you have had prions for premium sound (if no aux battery fitted) and an inverter, that will come to our markets for 2024 anyway

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Snap… anand and i get points for simultaneous info!

Back
Top Bottom