The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Switch-Pros

DCBNA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:01 PM
Reaction score
Who has put a Switch-Pros in their Grenadier? I'm trying to figure out where people have mounted the power module. I'm going to put it under the rear seat but where have others mounted it specifically? Has anyone found a bracket our plate that works well? My plan is to use the Agile Offroad mount in the overhead panel and run everything to the rear seat, just trying to figure out the best way to mount it under the seat.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
I have the power module mounted under the passenger side of the back seat, mounted to the rearward "wall" of the space with a pair of 60lb pull strength magnets.

The idea came to me when mounting the power module in my Sprinter a couple years ago, and not wanting to deal with putting rivnuts into the fender space. It has held up well for 2.5yrs in the Sprinter (in the engine bay), so I figured that's strong enough for the interior of the Grenadier.

Local time
Reaction score
I have the power module mounted under the passenger side of the back seat, mounted to the rearward "wall" of the space with a pair of 60lb pull strength magnets.

The idea came to me when mounting the power module in my Sprinter a couple years ago, and not wanting to deal with putting rivnuts into the fender space. It has held up well for 2.5yrs in the Sprinter (in the engine bay), so I figured that's strong enough for the interior of the Grenadier.
We use magnet based cable management in existing industrial apparatus all the time, especially in a space where a stray metal shaving could be catastrophic or necessitate additional safety and inspection requirements. Most people don't see it as permanent, but a 100lb magnet beats a 6olb mechanical fastener solution any day for most applications.

Koenstravel

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score

Hello sir, any chance you could share a picture of the install please, I am interested as well and am curious about the wiring from the overhead panel to the place below the ground floor behind the passenger seat where the switching module would be. So I am basically wondering how teh communication cable would run from overhead to the place behind the passenger seat.... Any help appreciated

Koen

archerwolf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:01 PM
Reaction score
Sorry for the messy photo but here is where I installed a switch pro control module. I cut and bent a plastic sheet to fit under the rear passenger seat. I drill some holes for the sheet to slip over the threaded studs on the back wall of the under seat compartment.

All the leads from the switchpro are attached to the two terminal bars.

View attachment IMG_4114.jpeg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello sir, any chance you could share a picture of the install please, I am interested as well and am curious about the wiring from the overhead panel to the place below the ground floor behind the passenger seat where the switching module would be. So I am basically wondering how teh communication cable would run from overhead to the place behind the passenger seat.... Any help appreciated

Koen
My controller isn't overhead, it is on the dash.

The best way to run things from the overhead area would be down either side A-Pillar, then in the wiring channels found along each side's door sill, and into the battery area

Koenstravel

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My controller isn't overhead, it is on the dash.

The best way to run things from the overhead area would be down either side A-Pillar, then in the wiring channels found along each side's door sill, and into the battery area
Again thank you of the advise, apologies I am fairly new to the Gren and wan to make sure I do this things well thought over, so feel free to ignore my reply if too much trouble I would not mind :) Would you have pictures or some instructions on how to get cables through the A-pillar, and where these wiring channels are to be found ? thnx a million

Koen

Koenstravel

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Never apologise for being new to the Grenadier on this forum, we are ready to help, especially moderators like @anand

No such thing as a dumb question either, just do a search first. I admit I still have trouble finding things with the search function sometimes.
appreciate it, I keep on searching but so far without luck on how to wire from overhead to battery compartiment, but I must say a great place to be, learning a lot :)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
appreciate it, I keep on searching but so far without luck on how to wire from overhead to battery compartiment, but I must say a great place to be, learning a lot :)
Once you remove the A pillars you will see the wiring area. This will give you an easy area into the dash and down to the door sills.

Back
Top Bottom