The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Swing away tow hitch carrier?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Anyone use a tow hitch carrier?
I'm thinking about getting one.. I'm thinking I'll put bicycles or possibly a rack for carrying some gear outside the car.

I've been looking at this one. Anyone knows what works and if this one works well on the Grenadier?

KUAT Pivot V2 Swing Away Bike Rack Extension | Durable Adjustable 90 & 120-Degree Swinging Bicycle Hauling 2" Hitch Extender | Car Truck Backdoor Access| Up to 4 Bike/250lbs Capacity - Passenger Side https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YVGYPHS?tag=globalgrena0b-20

ShootingCar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got the RiG’d Rambleswing away attachment for my Kuat Bike rack. It was $850 and must weight 200 lbs. I realized that you have to have a torque wrench to install it. So I haven’t actually installed it yet as I just got the torque wrench. We are using it for a bike trip to Idaho and Montana next week so I will report on it later. So far I am not excited about installing it.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just saw the Yakima swing away carrier. 500lbs rating! Looks really nice too.
Anyone has any experiences with that?

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
I have a Yakima backswing and it makes things very easy to get in the back. Unfortunately it is probably 6 inches short or so. I have been thinking of the RigD or the Kuat. I think with the Kuat about 6 inches longer and that it rotates to 120% would make it about perfect.

ShootingCar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Okay been traveling from AZ to Utah, ID and MT with the Rigd Rambleswing Swing Out Bike Rack Carrier and love it. Yes it was heavy to install and expensive. But it is solid and smooth to operate. I’m loving it.

Note: here it is on my wife’s Lexus GX460.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.jpeg
    IMG_1256.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1255.jpeg
    IMG_1255.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom