The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Starlink Mini Roof Rack Mount - Suggestions / Request for Product

Toot

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m in the south east US for winter and after these hurricanes I got myself a Starlink Mini to mount to my dealer installed Rino roof rack. I’ve been looking for a mount that attaches to the rack.

There’s one option I’ve found from an Australian company, Outcamp, but it has two critical issues in my view; 1) it’s 3d printed so probably not very durable from a UV/wear and tear perspective and 2) it is just two clam brackets so there is no additional protection for the unit. All the other options I have found, of which there are many, are either magnetic, suction, or through-bolt. None of those options work as the rack is aluminum and therefore not magnetic, not flat so suction won’t work, and I don’t want to through-bolt. Owl and a couple others seem to make mounts for the standard size but again, nothing for the Mini that I’m seeing.

I know a number of you have added Starlink Mini’s to your rigs so just curious what has been done/what options exist?

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am using a Trio Flatmount currently with magnets direct to the roof, but will be switching it up to the Trio SpeedMount and mounting it to the crossbars of my LFD rack with some M6 hardware (the T-nuts will stay in the rack crossbars for when I move the Starlink over to our Sprinter, for which it'll go back into the Flatmount w/ magnets

Toot

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately with the roof rack the magnetic mounts aren’t an option. I have the full rack which thoroughly covers the roof and is not magnetic :( I’ll check out the speed mount but so far the cross bar mounts I’ve seen aren’t big enough for the rack slats/cross sections.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m in the south east US for winter and after these hurricanes I got myself a Starlink Mini to mount to my dealer installed Rino roof rack. I’ve been looking for a mount that attaches to the rack.

There’s one option I’ve found from an Australian company, Outcamp, but it has two critical issues in my view; 1) it’s 3d printed so probably not very durable from a UV/wear and tear perspective and 2) it is just two clam brackets so there is no additional protection for the unit. All the other options I have found, of which there are many, are either magnetic, suction, or through-bolt. None of those options work as the rack is aluminum and therefore not magnetic, not flat so suction won’t work, and I don’t want to through-bolt. Owl and a couple others seem to make mounts for the standard size but again, nothing for the Mini that I’m seeing.

I know a number of you have added Starlink Mini’s to your rigs so just curious what has been done/what options exist?
I’ve just ordered one of these to hard mount on a Leitner platform:

Striker have a couple of other options that you’ll find on their site.

Starmount Systems out of CA has an option with a quick release base.

I’d also looked at drilling out/modifying the StarLink roof rack mount but decided I wanted something more rigid.

Please let us know where you land.

Back
Top Bottom