The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Squeaking Suspension

TheChuckleMonkey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone else had a "squeaking" from the n/s front of the vehicle when driving over uneven ground be it off road or just bad road surface? I have already had the damper replaced under warranty as when it hit near full bound or rebound it squeaked badly but this has been remedied so I think that squeak was hiding the the current one.

I did think it could be dry bushings as the weather has been hot and dry recently but it sounds more like something has not been fitted correctly and?

TCM

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the same what you are hearing are the bushes and the shock absorbers. Perfectly normal , i quite enjoy the noise to be honest , sounds very industrial to me i like it .

TheChuckleMonkey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and good to know it's not just me! I can only hear it if I drive with the windows open at a lowish speed with no other external noise so not really an issue. I just have that niggling feeling that something is not quite right but it is just down to the noise. When it goes back for the software update the technician will have it overnight and as he is experienced with 4x4's and ag machinery I'm sure he will know if there is an issue.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and good to know it's not just me! I can only hear it if I drive with the windows open at a lowish speed with no other external noise so not really an issue. I just have that niggling feeling that something is not quite right but it is just down to the noise. When it goes back for the software update the technician will have it overnight and as he is experienced with 4x4's and ag machinery I'm sure he will know if there is an issue.
Check for rust!!!

JDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I have the same squeak except it is in the rear. I'm going to spray some silicon on the bushings at the rear control arms, we will see....

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
Anymore thoughts on this? I get a squeak or a chirp from even small irregularities in the road.

Between this chirping and the steering wheel pump screaming, it kind of sound like a zoo at low speed. I doubt it is rust, not as much of an issue out here in CO.

outono

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
Anymore thoughts on this? I get a squeak or a chirp from even small irregularities in the road.

Between this chirping and the steering wheel pump screaming, it kind of sound like a zoo at low speed. I doubt it is rust, not as much of an issue out here in CO.
Picked up the truck just this weekend and drove it 1,000 miles home. Already have the suspension squeak at low speeds, just like you. It definitely didn't make that noise in the first 500 miles and none of my other 4x4s ever made sounds like that with new suspension and/or bushings.

I've also got the seriously loud PS pump, among a number of other issues. Going to my local dealer this weekend...

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interested to hear (ha) what you learn.

Sodhi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Also noticing a suspension squeak at lower speeds now I’ve reached 1500km. Did not have any noises up until now. I have a noisy power steering pump too but it doesn’t really bother me anymore but the squeak is annoying. Is there a fix for the power steering pump?

Also have water leaking from the cover the rear view mirror mounts too from the safari windows or antenna which still happens after the dealer just looked at the issue and said they fixed.

Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
Any updates on the squeaking? We have it intermittently at low speeds. Sounds like front left or front right, bearing or dragging brake caliper.. not sure. Haven’t dug into it only heard it once with windows down

Sodhi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer told me to blast the shocks/suspension and under carriage with water. It went away after doing this but a couple days later I’m starting to hear it again.

Local time
Reaction score
Squeak that relates to suspension travel but disappears with water has to be a suspension or steering bush or loose bush bolt. Damper bush possibly but not damper itself as water doesn't get that far.

Sodhi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Squeak that relates to suspension travel but disappears with water has to be a suspension or steering bush or loose bush bolt. Damper bush possibly but not damper itself as water doesn't get that far.

Thanks I will mention this when I book it in at the dealer

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer told me to blast the shocks/suspension and under carriage with water. It went away after doing this but a couple days later I’m starting to hear it again.
Funny. I have a monthly pass to the local touchless stall drive-in that has a 'bottom-blaster'. Since I get a free wash per day, I use it, maybe overuse it. I was wondering if that blaster had washed away some grease or something meant to silence that noise.

DaveKop

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
My grenadier is squeaking like mad! :) I also suspect lack of lubrication together with a bunch of dust particles in bushings... anyone has ideas on safe lubricants to apply?

Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
I think ours was a rock stuck somewhere around the disc. It went away after driving on the highway

Back
Top Bottom