The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Speakers

Jzeeya

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone ONLY replaced the OEM speakers (front doors and rear doors, and maybe sub from premium package)? If so, what did you go with and how do you like it?

I'd just like better sounding speakers but don't want to necessarily install new tweeters, etc.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
i looked at doing that, but i think i concluded that the speakers had to be fairly sensitive. I ultimately decided to add amps and get higher quality speakers with lower senstitivity. and that forced me to add amps. modern amps are pretty small though and you can get them with DSP's that allows the sound to be corrected for the car so i don't feel terrible about that.

Last edited:

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Curious if anyone just replaced the 2 Front Door speakers and the 2 Rear Door speakers only?
Did they see any difference or is there a need for an Amp?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
Curious if anyone just replaced the 2 Front Door speakers and the 2 Rear Door speakers only?
Did they see any difference or is there a need for an Amp?
Plenty have gone this route.

I did this (I also added a sub, but the sub isn't helping SQ at all) with Focal Auditor Evos.

We also installed a set of Audiofrog's (GS62 fronts GS40 rear) in @Krabby 's vehicle, along with a sub under the front seat... I'll let him give a review of it

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone ONLY replaced the OEM speakers (front doors and rear doors, and maybe sub from premium package)? If so, what did you go with and how do you like it?

I'd just like better sounding speakers but don't want to necessarily install new tweeters, etc.
If you do a search on 'speakers', you'll find there are posts going back almost 12 months ...some are happy, some not so much, some have made small changes, others have made major changes. It's all there ;)

Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score

Adding tweeters up high will help lift the sound stage, but don't forget with most systems in modern cars, changing out just the speakers has little impact, as the systems are designed with (often quite odd) DSP style logic that helps to mask the poor quality of the factory components. To really get a satisfactory difference usually requires an integration device that allows you to correct for the 'modified' output from the factory system..

Back
Top Bottom