The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software Update for ADAS etc. coming in 60 days for NA.

nodric

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
At the Sewell owner's event in Plano Texas today, and a very nice meetup it was, so kudos to Sewell! Lots more fun stuff they have planned, like Offroad days!

We asked about the software update to get rid of the annoying niggles, and maybe other stuff, but mainly the overspeed warning, and it will be here within 60 days they confirmed based on assurances from Ineos.

Other nuggets were after sales fit of a factory solution for those that didn't option the tow hitch etc.

Quartermaster will be available on the lot by the fall.

I may have missed other stuff, so others that were there can add.

Last edited:

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
At the Sewell owner's event in Plano Texas today, and a very nice meetup it was, so kudos to Sewell! Lots more fun stuff they have planned, like Offroad days!

We asked about the software update to get rid of the annoying niggles, and maybe other stuff, but mainly the overspeed warning, and it will be here within 60 days they confirmed based on assurances from Ineos.

Other nuggets were after sales fit off a factory solution for those that didn't option the tow hitch etc.

Quartermaster will be available on the lot by the fall.

I may have missed other stuff, so others that were there can add.
I've been told in UK dealership that it's £2000 approx for the tow hitch and electrics as I didn't have it

gtank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
Until it comes from Ineos directly, I’m highly skeptical, but I really do hope it happens.

The software really is the Achilles heal of the Grenadier. It’s laughably bad. For instance beyond ADAS, you can switch the fuel measurement from gallon to liters, but can’t switch mph to kph? They can do so much better with minimal investment. Maybe that’s why they named their new division Arcane, which means “understood by few”. Much better than “fit for purpose”. :unsure:

drinkmorejava

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
It's so interesting to me that the software is so slow and half baked. It's made by what is probably the largest infotainment mfg in the world. I guess they'll sell you something for any budget. But then how in years of testing do we still have things like low fuel alarms that alarm at 75 miles left and are incredibly loud and jarring and don't respond to the alarm volume setting, and frankly don't even work correctly because it alarms when the system is powered on regardless of if the ignition has been turned on to even update the fuel measurement....some many things wrong with one simple thing.

Local time
Reaction score
Not to try and pass the buck but I think it is all a matter of perspective. We all walk around with iPhones in our pockets and so we expect that. That has become the bar and no one appreciates actually how hard the bar is to clear, we just assume because it is 2024 every UI will be iPhone like. The point of the vehicle in my opinon was to have a bullet proof drive train, no one is on here talking about engines blowing up (Toyota tundra), axles to weak for large tires and lockers (every ifs Toyota), or steer linkages that are failing (bronco). Even though the UI is the part of the vehicle I interact with every day I can honestly say I would rather have a slow terrible UI then U joints blowing up on the trail. That is why I bought the vehicle and I guarantee if you were having to carry spare axle shafts and switch them after every obstacle you would trade a laggy UI all day every day for breakage. By the way the above is not me seeing people have not had mechanical issues but it is recognizing the majority of the vehicles do not have what I consider Must Upgrade Components because of breakage on the model, that is a big difference.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
From my “source” at IA, I have been informed that the software update, includes louder audible warnings if the speed limit is exceeded, and the driver can now choose between the current alert tone or the high pitched scream of a terrified woman.

In addition the process to turn of ADAS has been changed to a six step process, that the driver will only be able to access if they have a range of less than 50 miles in the tank.

Apparently IA wanted to get the message out they they really do listen to feedback ! 😂

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Until it comes from Ineos directly, I’m highly skeptical, but I really do hope it happens.

The software really is the Achilles heal of the Grenadier. It’s laughably bad. For instance beyond ADAS, you can switch the fuel measurement from gallon to liters, but can’t switch mph to kph? They can do so much better with minimal investment. Maybe that’s why they named their new division Arcane, which means “understood by few”. Much better than “fit for purpose”. :unsure:
Maybe it’s different with USA spec Grenadiers but I can switch between miles per hour and kilometres per hour and have done for my African travels. When I bring my Grenadier back into the U.K. next week then I will revert back to mph.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not to try and pass the buck but I think it is all a matter of perspective. We all walk around with iPhones in our pockets and so we expect that. That has become the bar and no one appreciates actually how hard the bar is to clear, we just assume because it is 2024 every UI will be iPhone like. The point of the vehicle in my opinon was to have a bullet proof drive train, no one is on here talking about engines blowing up (Toyota tundra), axles to weak for large tires and lockers (every ifs Toyota), or steer linkages that are failing (bronco). Even though the UI is the part of the vehicle I interact with every day I can honestly say I would rather have a slow terrible UI then U joints blowing up on the trail. That is why I bought the vehicle and I guarantee if you were having to carry spare axle shafts and switch them after every obstacle you would trade a laggy UI all day every day for breakage. By the way the above is not me seeing people have not had mechanical issues but it is recognizing the majority of the vehicles do not have what I consider Must Upgrade Components because of breakage on the model, that is a big difference.
I can honestly say I didn't buy mine for modern technology. I bought for strength and longevity. I would have preferred a traditional binnacle with standard required dials and maybe an additional digital speed. The screen with just access to phone would have done and be able to turn off in the dark. From what I am learning from the experienced overlanding/off readers, all other stuff can be done via add on screens.
It worries me how the current pmodern tech and screens in cars will be serviceable or even repairable in years to come. To me, anything that's necessary to run a vehicle needs to be easily repairable and I would hate to imagine current JLR vehicles in 20, 30, 40 or 50 years time as a usable classic unlike old series Landys.
I sold my previous vehicle for all of the above and refused to look at anything with excessive touch screens.

drinkmorejava

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can honestly say I didn't buy mine for modern technology. I bought for strength and longevity. I would have preferred a traditional binnacle with standard required dials and maybe an additional digital speed. The screen with just access to phone would have done and be able to turn off in the dark. From what I am learning from the experienced overlanding/off readers, all other stuff can be done via add on screens.
It worries me how the current pmodern tech and screens in cars will be serviceable or even repairable in years to come. To me, anything that's necessary to run a vehicle needs to be easily repairable and I would hate to imagine current JLR vehicles in 20, 30, 40 or 50 years time as a usable classic unlike old series Landys.
I sold my previous vehicle for all of the above and refused to look at anything with excessive touch screens.
Yeah. Unfortunately the touch screen will be the least of your worries. There are multitudes more networked sensors and chips buried all over modern cars, and any number of them can't bring the car to halt. Do you really care if 30 years from now the door sensor dies. Not at all, but your car does because it will refuse to drive. Then again, there's always off-road mode!

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah. Unfortunately the touch screen will be the least of your worries. There are multitudes more networked sensors and chips buried all over modern cars, and any number of them can't bring the car to halt. Do you really care if 30 years from now the door sensor dies. Not at all, but your car does because it will refuse to drive. Then again, there's always off-road mode!
Does off road mode bypass that? Or does it just disable the sound?

I don't have mine yet to test for myself

gtank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe it’s different with USA spec Grenadiers but I can switch between miles per hour and kilometres per hour and have done for my African travels. When I bring my Grenadier back into the U.K. next week then I will revert back to mph.
On the US spec cars, it’s not possible. That makes me scratch my head more as to why US-spec cars include ADAS which is not a requirement for North America…

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On the US spec cars, it’s not possible. That makes me scratch my head more as to why US-spec cars include ADAS which is not a requirement for North America…
It is less necessarily "US Spec" and more so the changes for MY24 (the infotainment/UI firmwares are completely different, thus why the menus are different as well)

nodric

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
Does off road mode bypass that? Or does it just disable the sound?

I don't have mine yet to test for myself
Turns off all the warning bells under 40mph. The telltale lights all stay illuminated like a Christmas tree while in off-road mode. You can drive without a seatbelt etc.

Local time
Reaction score
Turns off all the warning bells under 40mph. The telltale lights all stay illuminated like a Christmas tree while in off-road mode. You can drive without a seatbelt etc.
Yeah, I'm aware it turns off the bells, but he was seemingly suggesting it would enable the transmission to go into drive with the door sensor saying it was open.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm aware it turns off the bells, but he was seemingly suggesting it would enable the transmission to go into drive with the door sensor saying it was open.
Off road mode does allow this

Back
Top Bottom