The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software Faults or Glitches

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
Good point, but there is no guarantee we’ll have choices either if our only option is to download the file and upload into truck. Thats how my F150 was.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
Would be nice if the software could be updated by the owner/user of the car without visiting the dealer.
Download from Ineos and then update the car via OBD-adapter. Would be the fulfillment of the promise from Ineos that the owners can service their cars by themselves.
Just dreaming. 😊
I got in my car last year and there was a message on the screen saying my firmware had been updated.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
I got in my car last year and there was a message on the screen saying my firmware had been updated.
Firmware being software that controls the hardware. I'm so tech savvy.
WTH am I doing buying a car with all this stuff?

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
I don’t mind taking delivery of the car without the final software version as long as it is safe and isn’t going to destroy itself. We are all used to having to update software on our phones and desktops so a car is not a problem. I will not get irritated with a glitchy display etc providing I know it is currently
‘Supposed to be’ like that and updates are coming.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t mind taking delivery of the car without the final software version as long as it is safe and isn’t going to destroy itself. We are all used to having to update software on our phones and desktops so a car is not a problem. I will not get irritated with a glitchy display etc providing I know it is currently
‘Supposed to be’ like that and updates are coming.
Yeah but that’s just it - you might not but I think Ineos is, and I think that’s a great thing.

And can you imagine the uproar from all of the Karen’s that don’t think like you do.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
What could possibly go wrong?
Everything.

But I guess you're kidding.

Due to version conflicts (the control units all have their own software version) there is a sequence in which the control units shall be updated. A source of joy. BMW workshops (and other brands as well) avoid complete system updates like the plague.

There is not one single firmware. It's a conglomerate of many firmwares whose updates needs to be well orchestrated.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
"White hat hackers gain access to data at 7 more automakers
Auto hackers penetrated BMW, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar-Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Ferrari and Ford's customer and employee information."
Screenshot_20230117_134732.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Brave new world. A physical key is a good idea!
Not wanting to have to keep a Faraday bag in my handbag 😄

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Brave new world. A physical key is a good idea!
Not wanting to have to keep a Faraday bag in my handbag 😄
I wonder if the plastic handle on the key will still contain the engine immobiliser function

Back
Top Bottom