The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your newest toy!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
On Watchfinder UK just now.

Have to say I wish I had bought a Rolex and IWC.

I bought a few Bremont's in the past and recently decided to shift a couple and I can't for love nor money. Whereas, two years ago all was good until the brothers got greedy (now sold to). Starting to doubt their whole story.

Recent purchase was .22 rifle in an effort to rid the garden of vermin (don't tell Chris Packham).

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I bought a few Bremont's in the past and recently decided to shift a couple and I can't for love nor money. Whereas, two years ago all was good until the brothers got greedy (now sold to). Starting to doubt their whole story.

Recent purchase was .22 rifle in an effort to rid the garden of vermin (don't tell Chris Packham).
I was always a bit cynical regarding Bremont. Lots of my friends and colleagues bought in. They are nice looking watches mind but for me, there never was any provenance to them.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLwRKAHusEw

For short distances, it's not only a flare gun but a lethal weapon as well.
Frank was not impressed
"
We all came out to Montreux
On the Lake Geneva shoreline
To make records with a mobile, yeah
We didn't have much time now
Frank Zappa and the Mothers
Were at the best place around
But some stupid with a flare gun
Burned the place to the ground"

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
So after decades you now finally understand what Zappa wanted to say with the lyrics. (y)
I was brought up on Zappa in the 70s and hence assumed most of the population was stupid. He was an influencer par excellence!
(Most still are stupid)

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was always a bit cynical regarding Bremont. Lots of my friends and colleagues bought in. They are nice looking watches mind but for me, there never was any provenance to them.
They had some nice LE's but at a price. As said I wished I had invested in a Rolex or an IWC. Plus I must buy the ubiquitous Moon watch at some point.

When I was enthusiastic, I managed to get a couple of watches designed. https://jerryflint.co.uk/bremont-216-sqn-le-watch/216.jpeg

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland

You are allowed to shoot at vermin in your garden with a small-caliber rifle without a hunting license? In Germany we are only allowed to shoot in our hunting grounds, not in the garden. Unless the house is in the hunting grounds and not in a "pacified area"

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are allowed to shoot at vermin in your garden with a small-caliber rifle without a hunting license? In Germany we are only allowed to shoot in our hunting grounds, not in the garden. Unless the house is in the hunting grounds and not in a "pacified area"
Here in the UK I have a .22 Ruger and an AYA No2 Shotgun. I can use these in my garden or on my land. I don’t have any neighbours so safe for everyone concerned. Hopefully. 😁

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score

I bought a Bremont MBII a good few years ago and it’s a nice watch, I certainly wouldn’t buy another one though and the company redesign is a real flop imo.

Shame the English brothers sold out, but there you go, and I think it might well be the death nell of that brand.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bought a Bremont MBII a good few years ago and it’s a nice watch, I certainly wouldn’t buy another one though and the company redesign is a real flop imo.

Shame the English brothers sold out, but there you go, and I think it might well be the death nell of that brand.
Shaky 100% agree with you.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So what’s the story regarding the designs you commissioned?

Bremont, will change the watch face with military insignia of your choice, normally signed off by a "lead" in the example above myself. I was ex-216 Sqn TriStars and enjoyed my time on the squadron, so I contacted the last boss and the MOD to get approval, and used the motif, the aircraft silhoutee and 12 revered to 21.

Who ever leads the project, has to get 15 buyers to purchase. The benefit was a discounted watch, then was around 40% and I just managed to get the minimum 15. If you get 50 then you have more design freedoms - but a very tall ask, when spending £2-3000.

They have pushed this concept onto the world's military and it has been successful to date. I think the discounts may have reduced with the recent management change, who have devalued the product in my eyes.

S52

Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Bremont, will change the watch face with military insignia of your choice, normally signed off by a "lead" in the example above myself. I was ex-216 Sqn TriStars and enjoyed my time on the squadron, so I contacted the last boss and the MOD to get approval, and used the motif, the aircraft silhoutee and 12 revered to 21.

Who ever leads the project, has to get 15 buyers to purchase. The benefit was a discounted watch, then was around 40% and I just managed to get the minimum 15. If you get 50 then you have more design freedoms - but a very tall ask, when spending £2-3000.

They have pushed this concept onto the world's military and it has been successful to date. I think the discounts may have reduced with the recent management change, who have devalued the product in my eyes.
My Air Force squadron put in an order for a custom Breitling.

Received it last year. I'm a Rolex guy personally so I never really wear it- though I did wear it once on a flight just so it has some provenance :D

It's more of a safe queen/ collectors piece but I'm glad I snagged one!

Mine is #3/39

Attachments

• IMG_0982 2.JPG
    IMG_0982 2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0981 2.JPG
    IMG_0981 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score

I thought the brand was pretty cool until the rebrand. Now it seems overly generic.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

In 1982, it was a TriStar that flew me back from Ascension following 12 hours on a Hercules from the Falklands.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Air Force squadron put in an order for a custom Breitling.

Received it last year. I'm a Rolex guy personally so I never really wear it- though I did wear it once on a flight just so it has some provenance :D

It's more of a safe queen/ collectors piece but I'm glad I snagged one!

Mine is #3/39
I’m the same. Rolex since 1977 but a few years back, purchased a limited edition (50) CWC. Wore it for a week, just to wear it in. That was two years ago and still on my wrist.

Attachments

• 3F6FDE5C-A471-4D87-B1B8-DBD8C0C6D40C.jpeg
    3F6FDE5C-A471-4D87-B1B8-DBD8C0C6D40C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • B9F1A006-06D0-49AD-9AB1-755400E0FBC6.jpeg
    B9F1A006-06D0-49AD-9AB1-755400E0FBC6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 27

S52

Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
I’m the same. Rolex since 1977 but a few years back, purchased a limited edition (50) CWC. Wore it for a week, just to wear it in. That was two years ago and still on my wrist.
Heres a shot of my favorite vintage Rolex... 1974 Red Submariner. Felt it was appropriate to take a "period correct" shot in my 1975 RRC.

Attachments

• IMG_1598 2.JPG
    IMG_1598 2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4245.JPG
    IMG_4245.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 35

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Heres a shot of my favorite vintage Rolex... 1974 Red Submariner. Felt it was appropriate to take a "period correct" shot in my 1975 RRC.
🔥 🔥 🔥

Back
Top Bottom