The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your newest toy!

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
Finally bought a new machine
Stand out best simple understated single group domestic machine made! Older models the best, just like this one. I have a 20 year old Rancilio Epoca single group, but always recommend your model to friends. Same group set as my machine, will last forever with a little tender love and care 😁👍🏼

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Buy an ECM Mechanika Max.

No Software.

View attachment 7862897
No. I received the Ascaso already with improvement before delivery. Like Grenadier last year.. no need to have additional visits at the agent. So I received it already in V2.0 state. The controller PID is anyway an analogue computer so what they had to to was to alter the curve of keeping the steam unit at temp based on valves.. this is not a flash eprom or similar but already set at factory. In the meantime V3 they exchanged even the valve once more from a knob to turn but a lever system like the real old school manual barista bar systems.. But I like the fact that Grenadier owners are also lovers of good taste. .. not only coffee. My investments in the coffee topic are now complete.. the most expensive part were the water softening system based on salt, activated carbon filters, membrane system .. etc. When I lived in Ireland this additional treatment was never needed. No limescale building up, tested the water for substances… very clean. Here when I change the filters the outside is reddish and grey particles.. don’t want to have that in my coffee for sure not in me. Grenadier is running fine, a portable Espresso machine might be a nice thing to add one day.
This is the place where I purchase my espresso.. good machine and appropriate water need good coffee.. the big roasting companies roast in hot air 600C in 1-2 minutes and the artificial flavors are later sprayed on .. the good stuff is roasted in a drum on about 220C in 15-25 minutes and in small batches. There is a difference in the price tag however..

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
Someone once said that men are often like children, we only differ in the price of toys. And I must have been right, I have many hobbies, carpentry, mechanics, photography, sky, mountaineering and I have always been passionate about motorcycles, cars and watches. I have many toys, I like to work with good tools, I learned that from my years in the Operating Room, quality instruments often make a difference. Well, I won't get involved anymore, I'll just show you my latest toy gift from my wife. Greetings Paco

View attachment 7860688
we have similar interests. My son has the Submariner with no date which I got for his 21st Birthday. My daughter received a Mllgause For hers. My wife got the Rose Gold for her 50th to replace her datejust which I bought her for her 21st birthday. One of my Sea Dwellers. My other sea dweller is a double red which I purchased in 1977 when I started a career as a diver. I always liked the Yacht Master was offered to me at a very good price and was not on my radar at the time. All in all. My pension fund is a little lighter than it could have been. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_1369.jpeg
    IMG_1369.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 80bc48f5c61751f8-photo.jpeg
    80bc48f5c61751f8-photo.jpeg
    695.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1381.jpeg
    IMG_1381.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 29f83a10784b4dec-photo.jpeg
    29f83a10784b4dec-photo.jpeg
    867.8 KB · Views: 38

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
we have similar interests. My son has the Submariner with no date which I got for his 21st Birthday. My daughter received a Mllgause For hers. My wife got the Rose Gold for her 50th to replace her datejust which I bought her for her 21st birthday. One of my Sea Dwellers. My other sea dweller is a double red which I purchased in 1977 when I started a career as a diver. I always liked the Yacht Master was offered to me at a very good price and was not on my radar at the time. All in all. My pension fund is a little lighter than it could have been. 😁
A divers watch owned by an actual professional diver, quite rare! Nice collection. Like the Yachmaster one, can you knock the dial round so it's in sync, giving me the yips :)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A divers watch owned by an actual professional diver, quite rare! Nice collection. Like the Yachmaster one, can you knock the dial round so it's in sync, giving me the yips :)
I’m exactly like that. Thank God my steering wheel is properly aligned.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Cheshire Cat, what a collection of "coronitas" and no wonder your pressure suffered :D:D, I really like watches but "coronitas" I only have two, the submariner, and a datajust from my wife, my problem with Rolex is that I have always thought and I still think that a watch is not worth what it costs, you end up paying a very significant amount for the "intangibles" which in the case of rolex in my humble opinion is disproportionate, so it seems much more rational to me and that is what I have Omega, tudor , Longines, sinn, Glycine, great watches at more affordable prices :love:(y)

Greetings
Paco Garcia

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Cheshire Cat, what a collection of "coronitas" and no wonder your pressure suffered :D:D, I really like watches but "coronitas" I only have two, the submariner, and a datajust from my wife, my problem with Rolex is that I have always thought and I still think that a watch is not worth what it costs, you end up paying a very significant amount for the "intangibles" which in the case of rolex in my humble opinion is disproportionate, so it seems much more rational to me and that is what I have Omega, tudor , Longines, sinn, Glycine, great watches at more affordable prices :love:(y)

Greetings
Paco Garcia
Hi Paco

I know what you mean about costs. My son and daughters Rolex’s were both 2nd hand but are now worth more than I paid. That’s the thing with Rolex. In the longer term, steel Rolex watches maintain a very good value. I wore my Rolex double red for over 40 years. Currently I am wearing a limited edition CWC Royal Navy diving watch as issued to me when I was a Clearance diver in the Royal Navy. I have had more positive comments regarding this watch than I ever got with my Rolex. The funny thing is. When I was issued the CWC, I was disappointed not to get a Millisub. This was compounded when in a pub, someone knocked my watch with their glass of beer. The person apologised and then said to me “At least it isn’t a Rolex”. I never forgot that comment. 😂 (I was issued a Millisub) on heading down to the Falklands in 1982).
A few years ago, a colleague of mine sold his Rolex Millisub for over £100,000!! Rolex lost my Millisub in the 1980’s when sent in for a repair. I received a brand new Submariner and was over the moon at that time. Old military watches had no value back then.

Attachments

• 3F6FDE5C-A471-4D87-B1B8-DBD8C0C6D40C.jpeg
    3F6FDE5C-A471-4D87-B1B8-DBD8C0C6D40C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • B9F1A006-06D0-49AD-9AB1-755400E0FBC6.jpeg
    B9F1A006-06D0-49AD-9AB1-755400E0FBC6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 29

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Paco

I know what you mean about costs. My son and daughters Rolex’s were both 2nd hand but are now worth more than I paid. That’s the thing with Rolex. In the longer term, steel Rolex watches maintain a very good value. I wore my Rolex double red for over 40 years. Currently I am wearing a limited edition CWC Royal Navy diving watch as issued to me when I was a Clearance diver in the Royal Navy. I have had more positive comments regarding this watch than I ever got with my Rolex. The funny thing is. When I was issued the CWC, I was disappointed not to get a Millisub. This was compounded when in a pub, someone knocked my watch with their glass of beer. The person apologised and then said to me “At least it isn’t a Rolex”. I never forgot that comment. 😂 (I was issued a Millisub) on heading down to the Falklands in 1982).
A few years ago, a colleague of mine sold his Rolex Millisub for over £100,000!! Rolex lost my Millisub in the 1980’s when sent in for a repair. I received a brand new Submariner and was over the moon at that time. Old military watches had no value back then.
That CWC is one helluva watch.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That CWC is one helluva watch.
If you google CWC Royal Navy. I think the website <Honikee> wrote an interesting article on these watches. To me, it looks similar to the Mk1 Omega Seamaster which again I believe, was built to a military spec as indeed was the Submariner.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Paco

I love that diver, I have always liked that the watches I wear have that pretension of being a tool, in fact almost all my watches are Diver's, with some precious exceptions :love: :love:
IMG_9955.jpg

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• 76010866-674E-414C-B8D2-A734F6009E04.jpeg
    76010866-674E-414C-B8D2-A734F6009E04.jpeg
    676 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1696.jpeg
    IMG_1696.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
El Seamaster de mis amigos
Lo que ya he comentado, somos como niños y necesitamos ya :Me parto de risa: :Me parto de risa: un “hilo” de relojes.

Un abrazo . :Me parto de risa: :Me parto de risa: :Me parto de risa: :Me parto de risa: :Me parto de risa:

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
Someone once said that men are often like children, we only differ in the price of toys. And I must have been right, I have many hobbies, carpentry, mechanics, photography, sky, mountaineering and I have always been passionate about motorcycles, cars and watches. I have many toys, I like to work with good tools, I learned that from my years in the Operating Room, quality instruments often make a difference. Well, I won't get involved anymore, I'll just show you my latest toy gift from my wife. Greetings Paco

View attachment 7860688
Great watch! I have a 16610 and a 126110LV. I drive them daily 🤣

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
My dad worked as a diver in the 70’s and they gave him a Rolex divers watch which now belongs to me, I don’t wear it at all as rather annoyingly the company have their name Comex printed right across the dial.

Very ugly !!

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dad worked as a diver in the 70’s and they gave him a Rolex divers watch which now belongs to me, I don’t wear it at all as rather annoyingly the company have their name Comex printed right across the dial.

Very ugly !!
Please tell me this is written in jest? If not, I'll gladly make you an offer to take it off your hands! (y) :LOL:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Please tell me this is written in jest? If not, I'll gladly make you an offer to take it off your hands! (y) :LOL:

Give me £10k and it’s yours 😂

Yes, written in jest, but did you know that many of the divers who were issued them, actually did have service dial replacements as they didn’t like the Comex written on the dial. I wonder how many times they could kick themselves before they past out ?

I do like my watches and dive watches are what I always gravitate toward. I was never a Rolex fan until I bought one, then I just seemed to get it. The only one I have never been keen in is the Daytona, and even passed on one from the dealer. Sometimes wished I had just got it, especially when they were changing hands for £30k not that long ago.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It's easy for me to say that I'm not a huge Rolex fan (because I can't afford them), but if I were to buy one, it'd be a Milgauss! They're weird in a cool way and I :love: that green sapphire crystal!

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Give me £10k and it’s yours 😂

Yes, written in jest, but did you know that many of the divers who were issued them, actually did have service dial replacements as they didn’t like the Comex written on the dial. I wonder how many times they could kick themselves before they past out ?

I do like my watches and dive watches are what I always gravitate toward. I was never a Rolex fan until I bought one, then I just seemed to get it. The only one I have never been keen in is the Daytona, and even passed on one from the dealer. Sometimes wished I had just got it, especially when they were changing hands for £30k not that long ago.
Only 20? I'll take it!! :LOL: Those things are going for six figures here in the states!

Back
Top Bottom