The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Service in 27d / Service in nnd

Zenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
At the bottom of the Instrument Panel, I'm getting a very brief service warning countdown message accompanied by the bong from hell. It reads, "Service in 27d".
There are a few mentions of this in the Electrical, ECU, HVAC, Lights & Infotainment / Firmware update thread, but I did not see an explanation or remedy. Apologies, but I haven't found a discussion elsewhere on the Forum.

What triggers this message? What happens if I fail to address this? I WILL fail to deal with it as I'm 700 miles from Ineos service. I changed oil about two weeks ago. Does that have anything to do with it? What do I need to do to clear this? Thanks!

Zenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
At the bottom of the Instrument Panel, I'm getting a very brief service warning countdown message accompanied by the bong from hell. It reads, "Service in 27d".
There are a few mentions of this in the Electrical, ECU, HVAC, Lights & Infotainment / Firmware update thread, but I did not see an explanation or remedy. Apologies, but I haven't found a discussion elsewhere on the Forum.

What triggers this message? What happens if I fail to address this? I WILL fail to deal with it as I'm 700 miles from Ineos service. I changed oil about two weeks ago. Does that have anything to do with it? What do I need to do to clear this? Thanks!

I've got 3500 miles on the car.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Other than the annoying bong and the orange message, you should be able to ignore it as the service intervals are 12000 miles/1 year. The start of the messages seems to based around the build date/ software reload date/ whatever damn date the technician put in.

Unfortunately, other than going to the dealer, there is currently no known way of turning it off/resetting it. Don't let it bother you too much - use the search function on this forum to find various people finding it deeply annoying and stressy! (Me included).

Zenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Other than the annoying bong and the orange message, you should be able to ignore it as the service intervals are 12000 miles/1 year. The start of the messages seems to based around the build date/ software reload date/ whatever damn date the technician put in.

Unfortunately, other than going to the dealer, there is currently no known way of turning it off/resetting it. Don't let it bother you too much - use the search function on this forum to find various people finding it deeply annoying and stressy! (Me included).
Thank you, Jeremy. Thanks for the explanation. No, I'm not overly worried about it. It's just that it is the newcomer to my small but growing collection of message gremlins. I'm waiting as long as I can with these things and I'm certainly going nowhere until we see a software update available here. I knew what I was getting into being far from a dealer. Very happy with the car overall. Forum thread search is an art form, especially when you're looking for 'service'. Cheers.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
I was getting the very annoying constant ##days in orange (based on build not delivery date), I had my software updated and other service campaigns done and now I get a more accurate ###hours in blue (starting at 200hours counting down). At least with the hours it only tells you at initial startup, but the very loud bong gets my goat every time.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
...the very loud bong gets my goat every time.
Might be time to buy a new bong for your goat? ☮️. I digress...

Have you set the Warning Sound volume to Low in Settings > Acoustic Settings?

Attachments

• markup_1000019368.jpg
    markup_1000019368.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20240817_015041353.jpg
    PXL_20240817_015041353.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
I was getting the very annoying constant ##days in orange (based on build not delivery date), I had my software updated and other service campaigns done and now I get a more accurate ###hours in blue (starting at 200hours counting down). At least with the hours it only tells you at initial startup, but the very loud bong gets my goat every time.
I’m pretty sure Ineos has this setup with 3 timers, and will warn you when any of them are getting low. And as you get closer, you may get all 3 warnings.

Different types of use will require different intervals of service. Which one will flag first for you?

These are

Distance = 12,000 miles
Age of oil = 1 year
Engine hours (like how a boat or airplane measure) = not sure what this one is

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Ineos has this setup with 3 timers, and will warn you when any of them are getting low. And as you get closer, you may get all 3 warnings.

Different types of use will require different intervals of service. Which one will flag first for you?

These are

Distance = 12,000 miles
Age of oil = 1 year
Engine hours (like how a boat or airplane measure) = not sure what this one is
Would trade them all for an old skool sticker on the windscreen.

Last edited:

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Might be time to buy a new bong for your goat? ☮️. I digress...

Have you set the Warning Sound volume to Low in Settings > Acoustic Settings?
Not tried high, but low you can hear from 100 yards away.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would trade them all for an old skool sticker on the windscreen.
The annoying reminder (1800+days overdue) was sorted with the head unit software update. An "old skool" sticker was also attached to the windscreen. Yesterday the windscreen was replaced... Surprise surprise the windscreen repairer removed the service sticker from the cracked screen with a heat gun and put it on the new screen!

Back
Top Bottom