The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Secondary colo(u)rs?

Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the significance of the secondary colors seen on some Grenadiers? As seen on the front sheetmetal, or the small rear door, etc.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
I heard that the ‘nose color’ was added to vehicles being used by organizations doing humanitarian work, such as the Halo Trust (land mine clearance) in conflict areas to intentionally make them more distinctive. I DO NOT have a reference for this.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the significance of the secondary colors seen on some Grenadiers? As seen on the front sheetmetal, or the small rear door, etc.
As @TheDocAUS mentioned, it was available in the exterior contrast menu when the configuration site was first launched (when we did our pre-production reservations), along with the contrast frame. You could pick red or orange, I think - maybe there were other options based on the paint color you selected. It’s been too long so I can’t remember. I also can’t remember whether the contrast roof was available at that time. Then when we were able to switch to an active order, the option was magically gone and the feature was removed from our builds. I went ahead and did a nose wrap because I like the red contrast on the Britannia Blue (which is, on its own, nice but rather boring), but also because it provides extra protection from flying rock/gravel paint chips on the road - did ExoShield at the same time for the windscreen for the same reason. Nose and windscreen are very flat and vertical. At the end of the day, being a petulant man-child, I really did it just because it looks more like the Tonka truck I had when I was 6. I would love to also wrap the 30 door in back, but I’ve looked closely at the wraps at the dealer and they are not great - just because of where the panel joints and weld seams are on the inside. So I stuck with the nose and contrasting lambda (hood and rear door). It looks good, I don’t worry so much about rocks on the road, and gives me an excuse to yell “vrooooommmm” out the window with my 8 year old.

Back
Top Bottom