The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safari Window tints

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
I went 15% and I think it’s the perfect compromise.
What temps are you seeing, and how is the heat block? It’s been the one thing on my order I’ve been very indecisive about living in South Florida. I have no objection to going down to a 5% tint… just want to make sure I’m not sitting around cooking while stuck in traffic.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that the safari Windows need either factory style blinds or better tints? Most sunroofs have blinds on them for when the sun is overhead and recently in the rare bouts of sun in the UK I decided to do something about it

I went on Ebay and bought a 20% tint kit for £10, think the safari windows have 20% already so I took it to 40%, it has worked really well and the glare is less intrusive now. (eBay item number:186458103726)

As you can remove the windows it was very easy to do despite my limited abilities

The aftermarket blinds that I have seem are suction and insulated - unless anyone knows anyone that is making roller blinds ?
There was a warning, can’t remember where that tinting them risked them cracking in direct sunlight due to temperature gradient. I got some of the suction ones which I have rarely found a need to use

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hold on there Guys - just found these on the web from Australia - there is free delivery over £60

https://snapshades.com/ineos-grenadier-suv-quartermaster-safari-sunroof-shades-2022-present/ They look great there is no import duty on goods under £135 (which these are - around £97) but there would be VAT

I reckon the cost would be about £120 tax paid ( + probably a £12 handling fee by the postal service used)

What do you reckon?
We have them and they are great no regrets at all with this purchase, easy to remove can still access the handles to open the safari windows which we do when we park somewhere. Service from the company in Sydney is really good, and they also do a good Grenadier front windscreen fold out blind when you are parked.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We have them and they are great no regrets at all with this purchase, easy to remove can still access the handles to open the safari windows which we do when we park somewhere. Service from the company in Sydney is really good, and they also do a good Grenadier front windscreen fold out blind when you are parked.
I admit that these are very nicely designed ... but the ~$130+ USD vs a cheap from China set of 16" x 19" for ~$12 that covers 90% is difficult to justify. ☺️

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Douggie, I have ordered a set glad to hear they are well made have to say the service and communication from them was excellent and I should get them in 4-5 days !

Reactions: PBD

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Received the SnapShades from Australia, have to say the service was excellent as was the communication - first class service. The shades arrived and took about 15 minutes to fit, they have magnetic mounts which stick with 3m tape to the inner plastic trim so no drilling or defacing the trim required. They came with spare magnetic mounts in case you need then and they fit really well, photos attached below - I would highly recommend then. The look is good and whilst you can still access easily the window opener, if you want to remove the completely you can instantly, and sling them on the back seat if you are driving, it takes seconds to remount them and as they are flexible they won't get damaged on temporary removal

Definitely a good buy and pleased with the look and feel, it gives you both option depending on the weather!

Attachments

• tempImagewdN4g9.jpg
    tempImagewdN4g9.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • tempImagehv9xWg.jpg
    tempImagehv9xWg.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • tempImageL5CR30.jpg
    tempImageL5CR30.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 65
  • tempImage7HfgbB.jpg
    tempImage7HfgbB.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 65

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With the snapshades, curious if the 3m tape will have trouble in the summer heat.

I really like the clean look of the snapshades. I got my cheap suction cup $30 amazon ones yesterday and they look cheap, feel cheap, but I like being able to roll them up and stick them in the glove or under the seat.

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The mounts have been fine in QLD Australia over the hot months so I would say the 3M mounts are fine and they have been on for several months now with no issues.

And they twist and stow flat in a third the size to go in a cover they provide as well.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The mounts have been fine in QLD Australia over the hot months so I would say the 3M mounts are fine and they have been on for several months now with no issues.

And they twist and stow flat in a third the size to go in a cover they provide as well.
You've convinced me to return my Amazon ones and buy the snap shades. Any promo codes available?

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
So my IG did not come with the factory tint throughout the vehicle but did have the safari windows so the heat in South Texas was an immediate issue. I hate window tint and have avoided it like the plague because I have had to remove it in the past but something had to be done about the stock windows. A fried referred me to XPEL, who is actually based out of San Antonio, so I went to the corporate HQ to figure out what they could do. Long story short - I did a 30% tint throughout the vehicle, including the safari windows and it was a game changer. 25-30% is the lowest tint level but it stops the same heat and UV as the highest levels of tint. What is different about XPEL is that they have all of the patterns for all of the windows and the entire body so they literally print the exact dimensions and then do the install. I had them to the PPF on the front, sill plates and door edges when they did the tint. I would 100% recommend doing the tint on the safari windows, but here is what I learned - if you go darker than 30% on any roof or sunroofs the tint will fail or the glass may crack due to the extreme heat gathered from the darker tint. This has been an issue with many of the new cars with larger glass roofs and XPEL said they would do it but anything over 30% and they would not warranty the work. The XPEL tint/film at any % reflects the same UV rays but the darker tint will still heat up more so something to consider. On my end - love the tint, but not for the tinting factor, but the UV protection and heat mitigation.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Received the SnapShades from Australia, have to say the service was excellent as was the communication - first class service. The shades arrived and took about 15 minutes to fit, they have magnetic mounts which stick with 3m tape to the inner plastic trim so no drilling or defacing the trim required. They came with spare magnetic mounts in case you need then and they fit really well, photos attached below - I would highly recommend then. The look is good and whilst you can still access easily the window opener, if you want to remove the completely you can instantly, and sling them on the back seat if you are driving, it takes seconds to remount them and as they are flexible they won't get damaged on temporary removal

Definitely a good buy and pleased with the look and feel, it gives you both option depending on the weather!
Just what I have been looking for, good find mate. Can I ask the final price delivered in UK (Leicester) and delivery time?
Well done!

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Just what I have been looking for, good find mate. Can I ask the final price delivered in UK (Leicester) and delivery time?
Well done!
Apologies for the delay the cost delivered to the uk was £96 but because I asked nicely it was delivered express and arrived unbelievably in 4 days !!!! Think they normally charge extra for express though!No regrets easily fitted and removed when you want to switch takes seconds

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What temps are you seeing, and how is the heat block? It’s been the one thing on my order I’ve been very indecisive about living in South Florida. I have no objection to going down to a 5% tint… just want to make sure I’m not sitting around cooking while stuck in traffic.
Most car window tint is just for visual appearance and light block, not heat blocking.
I used high quality tint that is based on house window tinting for blocking heat and UV rays.
It is only 35% but my vehicle was parked in the open 24 hours a day 7 days a week in up to 45 degrees Celsius, or 113 Fahrenheit, and never got too hot inside.
Leather seats were always cool enough to sit on in shorts.
This also still allowed good view out the safari windows.
1720565206295.png1720565505622.png

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that the safari Windows need either factory style blinds or better tints? Most sunroofs have blinds on them for when the sun is overhead and recently in the rare bouts of sun in the UK I decided to do something about it

I went on Ebay and bought a 20% tint kit for £10, think the safari windows have 20% already so I took it to 40%, it has worked really well and the glare is less intrusive now. (eBay item number:186458103726)

As you can remove the windows it was very easy to do despite my limited abilities

The aftermarket blinds that I have seem are suction and insulated - unless anyone knows anyone that is making roller blinds ?
I had to tint mine and sometimes the Sun is still blinding! They need to apply more factory tint to them!

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies for the delay the cost delivered to the uk was £96 but because I asked nicely it was delivered express and arrived unbelievably in 4 days !!!! Think they normally charge extra for express though!No regrets easily fitted and removed when you want to switch takes seconds
Can you open the safari roofs as normal whilst these are fitted?

Back
Top Bottom