The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Right hand driver grab handle

Whoopsy1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:15 PM
Reaction score
My fully optioned Trialmaster arrived in March 2024, without a drivers grab handle. I enquired from the dealer why no drivers grab handle had been fitted given the drivers grab handle was fitted to all Left Hand Drive models.
I was advised it was a separate option, but I could have one fitted but a cost of A$3,309. I declined the offer, and wrote to Ineos in UK registering my complaint along with identifying the lagging GPS, No illumination for the ignition key, rubber door seals falling off, door buttons sticking And, following a puncture, the inability to undo the plastic cover for the spare wheel as the long centre bolt just kept turning. Presumably the captive nut was no longer captive!
To my surprise, the following week I was contacted by the NSW dealer and provided with a replacement Grenadier for a week whilst they rectified the problems.
All but the illumination for the ignition key and the drivers grab handle were attended to, with a promise that a drivers front grab handle could be supplied and fitted for approximately A$700, but there was a delay of 3 weeks back Order for the grab handle. - A significant reduction from the original quote of $3,309.00!
As for the lack of illumination for the ignition key, I guess there will be an after market fix by some budding entrepreneur, unless someone in the forum has solved the problem

After delivery of the Grenadier I have clocked up 7,000kms touring Tasmania and Western NSW, and other than getting used to the steering and wondering why Ineos have not recalibrated the wipers to clear the drivers side of the windscreen screen on the Right Hand drive models, and the annoying inconvenience of not being able to access the spare, overallI I am now very pleased with the Trialmaster, having changed from the LEXUS 500D, which had been the latest Lexus in my stable since having two LX470's, 3 LX 570's , and, dare I admit it, previously suffering the sheer frustration of no less than 7 RangeRovers since the initial two door model in 1980. Each one a lemon of different degrees.

Would I recommend the Trail master? If your drive is paved highways, then No. There are far more comfortable and agile 4WD (or more properly AWD's) available in the Toyota/Lexus stable that will outperform the Grenadier with superior creature comforts. But for those, like me, who must regularly navigate a rugged, steep unmade goat track for the last 20kms to my remote country property, then cross a river, Or those brave souls who are determined to conquer whatever the Australian Bush can throw at them, the Grenadier is not only firm footed whilst still allowing me to control most of the off-road drive features, with a "wading" performance well in excess of the 100mm on all my prior vehicles. With the security that I now have a towing capacity that lives up to its specs,

Trying to find a local manufacturer who makes the Trunk Steel Cargo Shelf Rack Molle Panel Storage Organizer for the rear storage and rear parcel shelf which does not block the rear side windows

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
My fully optioned Trialmaster arrived in March 2024, without a drivers grab handle. I enquired from the dealer why no drivers grab handle had been fitted given the drivers grab handle was fitted to all Left Hand Drive models.
LHD vehicles do not come with a driver side grab handle.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
This discussed in the thread linked below. @Dudlington an Ineos employee, gave the reason the drivers side didn’t have a grab handle fitted as it was a “passive safety issue”. Basically if you decided to drive the vehicle without wearing a seatbelt you could severely injury yourself.
Now please don’t shoot the messenger ! Just trying to give you an understanding.
By the way we haven’t seen @Dudlington again since, probably due to reactions further down the thread.
Post in thread 'Handles'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/handles.12414283/post-1333250787

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Instead of an INEOS grab handle, you can install the Razed grab handle. But you need a Pioneer Platform for that to work.

Probably would not work for a smaller driver either, unable to easily reach to the roof mounted handle.

Some of your "complaints" are not valid when they were obvious before you bought the car, like no driver's side grab handle, no illumination of the keyhole, etc. I weighed these up as part of my decision whether to buy or not.

1718485379367.jpeg

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
I was advised it was a separate option, but I could have one fitted but a cost of A$3,309. I declined the offer, and wrote to Ineos in UK registering my complaint along with identifying the lagging GPS, No illumination for the ignition key, rubber door seals falling off, door buttons sticking And, following a puncture, the inability to undo the plastic cover for the spare wheel as the long centre bolt just kept turning. Presumably the captive nut was no longer captive!
To my surprise, the following week I was contacted by the NSW dealer and provided with a replacement Grenadier for a week whilst they rectified the problems.
All but the illumination for the ignition key and the drivers grab handle were attended to, with a promise that a drivers front grab handle could be supplied and fitted for approximately A$700, but there was a delay of 3 weeks back Order for the grab handle. - A significant reduction from the original quote of $3,309.00!
As for the lack of illumination for the ignition key, I guess there will be an after market fix by some budding entrepreneur, unless someone in the forum has solved the problem

After delivery of the Grenadier I have clocked up 7,000kms touring Tasmania and Western NSW, and other than getting used to the steering and wondering why Ineos have not recalibrated the wipers to clear the drivers side of the windscreen screen on the Right Hand drive models, and the annoying inconvenience of not being able to access the spare, overallI I am now very pleased with the Trialmaster, having changed from the LEXUS 500D, which had been the latest Lexus in my stable since having two LX470's, 3 LX 570's , and, dare I admit it, previously suffering the sheer frustration of no less than 7 RangeRovers since the initial two door model in 1980. Each one a lemon of different degrees.

Would I recommend the Trail master? If your drive is paved highways, then No. There are far more comfortable and agile 4WD (or more properly AWD's) available in the Toyota/Lexus stable that will outperform the Grenadier with superior creature comforts. But for those, like me, who must regularly navigate a rugged, steep unmade goat track for the last 20kms to my remote country property, then cross a river, Or those brave souls who are determined to conquer whatever the Australian Bush can throw at them, the Grenadier is not only firm footed whilst still allowing me to control most of the off-road drive features, with a "wading" performance well in excess of the 100mm on all my prior vehicles. With the security that I now have a towing capacity that lives up to its specs,

Trying to find a local manufacturer who makes the Trunk Steel Cargo Shelf Rack Molle Panel Storage Organizer for the rear storage and rear parcel shelf which does not block the rear side windows
As for "... for the lack of illumination for the ignition key ..." - don't buy after market products. Read more here - https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...t-ineos-fault.12415540/page-3#post-1333281276 .

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
Me too.
I have the side steps on mine
Reach up, grab the gutter, step up so both feet are on the side step
Then step into the vehicle.
Works a charm even in tight parking spots
Aye I grab the gutter as well. No sidesteps, right foot in the foot well, right hand on the gutter then throw arse up into the seat. Wallop

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I optioned up the electric sidesteps on mine. When the doors are closed, the sidesteps up up against the lower body, and when doors open, the sidesteps come out, giving a very solid and wide platform with which to step up on. I'd not be able to get into the vehicle gracefully without them, due to my bad hips and knees.

Awesome bit of kit, but I do ack that these are _electric_, so am wondering how long they will last, and function properly. The motors are in boxes which would not be protected if I did a rock hop onto them. They're side steps, not sliders.

Back
Top Bottom