The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Remote lock unlock not working

Sterling silver

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
Purchased my brand new 2024 Grenadier on Saturday 10-12 2024. Took it in to Grenadier service on Monday 10-14-2024.. Remote lock and unlock not working. As of today 10-23-2024. I still do not have it back from dealership service. I had my $83,000.00 Grenadier for a total of 42 hours. Before it went to Grenadier service. They are still working on it.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
Purchased my brand new 2024 Grenadier on Saturday 10-12 2024. Took it in to Grenadier service on Monday 10-14-2024.. Remote lock and unlock not working. As of today 10-23-2024. I still do not have it back from dealership service. I had my $83,000.00 Grenadier for a total of 42 hours. Before it went to Grenadier service. They are still working on it.
Is this happening with both remotes?

Is the battery in the remotes flat? I had to change one of my remote batteries shortly after delivery.

It is easy to accidentally press the remote buttons, and I can see how a battery goes flat quickly.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
I had the rear doors locking mechansism replaced on mine at the dealer.
They took one of a demo vehicle to put on mine.
Took about 2 hours.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
Very common experience for new owners find they wont remote lock due to the bonnet being slightly open (even though you would swear it was closed), but a dealer would know of this one.

Sterling silver

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
Thank You All, for the suggestions. All of the suggested issues, have been checked. When you drive the vehicle, stop and go. They work perfectly.
When the vehicle sits for an hour or two. Or overnight. Then, BOTH REMOTES, do not work. Only way to get into the car, is with the key in the door.
And it only unlocks, the drivers door. All the other doors, have to be unlocked from the inside.
Then of course, you cannot relock the car. And Yes. The first thing I did was put in both remotes, new batteries.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
Thank You All, for the suggestions. All of the suggested issues, have been checked. When you drive the vehicle, stop and go. They work perfectly.
When the vehicle sits for an hour or two. Or overnight. Then, BOTH REMOTES, do not work. Only way to get into the car, is with the key in the door.
And it only unlocks, the drivers door. All the other doors, have to be unlocked from the inside.
Then of course, you cannot relock the car. And Yes. The first thing I did was put in both remotes, new batteries.
Did you try making any adjustments in the "Settings" pane? I wish we could have the key only unlock the driver's door. The Mrs. would prefer it for security reasons when alone. Using a key on ours unlocks everything but also re-locks everything. The only thing the key won't do is turn on the alarm. I doubt it would be possible to steal a Grenadier without the fob even if it was unlocked - discounting a flatbed of course.

Back
Top Bottom