The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear seat

Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

will the rear seats in the utlitiy-version be foldable?
Asking, because the space to the front seat is smaller then in the other versions.

Regards, Helge

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
Noone really knows: I presume yes, because at the Prototype event in Austria they confirmed it. The seats are the same as in the SW, only 7cm more forward and steeper backrest. But other things they also confirmed did not happen, for example the SW for Germany. 

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The „normal“ Stationwagon, not an Edition.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The rear seats in the Utility are foldable, confirmed today by Ineos. They are steeper and there are 7cm less legroom for the passengers.The utility also comes with cargo rack behind the seats as standard. 

Local time
Reaction score

Commercial on the left and Belstaff type on the right if that helps, both pictured at the Suffolk Show yesterday. Both vehicles are prototypes of different sorts. 

I also learned that the commercial type is only VAT claimable if it is 100% business use because the payload is less than one tonne. I have to say this still leaves me wondering whether it is the right vehicle for me. Perhaps I could have a two seat commercial with occasional folding seats in the rear?

Attachments

• IMG_20220531_091724_274.jpg
    IMG_20220531_091724_274.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20220531_091647_574.jpg
    IMG_20220531_091647_574.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 35
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Farmer Michael for those great pics. They are a big help for me!!

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for the pics. They confirm my decision to order the Utility, which I did not see before.

Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking at ordering the two seat commercial version but out of curiosity wonder if the second row seats can be retro-fitted if needed at some future point?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
+1

Same here.

?

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=SteveB userid=8997089 postid=1332805759]I'm looking at ordering the two seat commercial version but out of curiosity wonder if the second row seats can be retro-fitted if needed at some future point?[/QUOTE]

I think it will be hard. If you see under the second row of seats there is a load bar that goes over the battery compartment. I seems to be braced down to the floor. Refabbing that and getting it to pass inspections would be hard I’d think. 
IMHO it’s better to get a base 5 door and remove rear seats than try to add them later in a 2 seat variant

Local time
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for that and very helpful.

Kind regards, Steve

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, thank you as well.

It's high time to see the Grenadier in the flesh.

Local time
Reaction score
Yes, first time I've ever ordered a vehicle without seeing it for real! I'm banking on being able to do so before finalising the configuration.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
In "traditional" car buying that was in fact not very different.

First comes the idea: "I want a BMW 320i."
Then, prices check.
Ok, "I want a 325i".

Next: lets have a look - configurator.
- this and that
- and bigger tires
- and so on.

This may take a few weeks. And then, you decide to really buy a new car (it can then still be any car - as long as it is a BMW 325i...)
You look at youtube every evening (and you don't look for "BMW 325i issues" but for "BMW 325i after 200'000 miles ..." which hunts for success stories by filter ...

Next: Go to the dealership.
Get advice.
Result:
- still a 325i (which was clear).
- color changed to metallic
- test drive (pure formality)

Back home, another two weeks to sleep about it (again: a formality, part of the ritual).

Back to the dealership:
- some final ritualized price-negotiations. You get footmats for free, and a 3% rebate, and a coffee. You'r so happy, "A GOOD DEAL!"
- signing contract

The rest is as usual: wait and then pick up the car.

A closer look reveals: Only the test drive is different from the Grenadier order. And that was a pure formality as it was already clear that it would be a BMW. The rebate negotiations, the coffe and the footmats are as well missing at Ineos - but that's it.

The only difference is:
- We all know what a BMW 32x is.
- We sat in one before.
- We drove in one before.
- And the new model can only be better.

Ineos has in a "coup de main" disruptively changed the market. Because in fact, most of the customers have subconsciously decided long ago, even in traditional business. Having a test drive is more a ritual than than decisive. The process of deciding is a long procedure which matures over weeks and months, it happens noiselessly until the day things get real. They do so in small steps: You look at the extras, the color, the particular edition. And with each single step you are a step closer to your (already made) decision since your decision horizon gets narrower with each single step.

And at the end of the day it is almost impossible to do something different than to buy it. Be it with or without having seen the car before.

I do in fact know quite some people which order the successor to their current car long before it is actually there.

I am perhaps a bit old school. 70K is not a bargain, and I have always been careful with such decisions. So I follow the ritual of "sleep on it a bit" .

But to be honest: I have long since decided.

Only, I can't buy without having my wife aboard.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You forgot 2 new steps, which are new. You had to make an reservation and pay 450€ For an unknown car. Then you went on playing with the configutator, getting more involved after laying down the money. Second step: new configurator and your chance to get this car as one of the first on the block by paying 2250€ immediately. You configure your dream car, pay as fast as possible to secure your early production slot, and bingo: waiting starts. You did it, and you are on the hook.That is really clever by Ineos, how can you step back after investing all this time and passion … and a little money. You won‘t! 

Local time
Reaction score
You really understand very little about this vehicle or its buyers do you?

Ineos have been extremely open all the way through this build process and I and others are more than happy to make a deposit which is as yet, fully refundable. If you are going to contribute to the discussion then make it constructive and on the basis of some intelligence.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom