The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear Cargo Storage

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
Why are these so expensive? Anyone coming up with a suitable alternative to the eBay ones? I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find decent priced ones.
@Tazzieman has already come up with a cheap solution. Post 4072 on “what did you do with your Grenadier today “ thread

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
about the same money but bison gear out of poland instead of the ebay stuff. I wish they where out before i bought the chinese stuff, i like bison gear and would rather put my money there.

I ended up buying mine from amazon so i would not get hit by the 25% tariff unexpectedly. Still not cheap. It is what it is. As i said i wish i would have bought the bison gear stuff, good quality. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CT8JYNH7/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
The bison gear shelf is fantastic and had their side baskets been available I definitely would have preferred them to the Amazon one I bought. That said, the Amazon one seems ok.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
I have the @Bison-Gear baskets and they are worth every penny.

Last edited:

drinkmorejava

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
about the same money but bison gear out of poland instead of the ebay stuff. I wish they where out before i bought the chinese stuff, i like bison gear and would rather put my money there.

I ended up buying mine from amazon so i would not get hit by the 25% tariff unexpectedly. Still not cheap. It is what it is. As i said i wish i would have bought the bison gear stuff, good quality. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CT8JYNH7/?tag=globalgrena0b-20
I had my roof rack held up by customs and bison gear handled it without me doing anything. I looked it up and thought the tariff rate was like 2%. Maybe for China it's 25?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Yeah I didn't want to order Chinese from eBay and get stuck with the 25% fee. So I got the same from Amazon.

If bison would have had them when I ordered i would have picked bison. I think only China had the 25% tariff on these types of products.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Eventually i am going to buy the Bison Gear 3/4 roof rack, drivers side exterior molle panel, Jerry can holders, and the interior baskets. I love the rear cargo shelf and how the roof rack/molle panels work together so sticking with BG. Eventually will also get the Diabolical drawer system.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Eventually i am going to buy the Bison Gear 3/4 roof rack, drivers side exterior molle panel, Jerry can holders, and the interior baskets. I love the rear cargo shelf and how the roof rack/molle panels work together so sticking with BG. Eventually will also get the Diabolical drawer system.
I got all of that except drawers. Super happy with it. Bison makes good stuff.
I put Jerry cans on my passenger side on the molle. Using a gas jiggler to fill the tank without taking off the cans. Have a water carrier on the driver's side. Going to hang a shovel and an axe there next. I've driven on many forest trails in Oregon where I've had to use an axe to get branches off in order to winch a tree off the road. I have considered an electric chain saw but interior space is a premium.

inside the trunk I got the overland gear guys pouches for the metal inserts molle panel on the side in the trunk. Got recovery gear in one pouch, some first aid in another. I put a radio pouch with molle mount on the side of the left panel together with a molle eyeglass holder for safety glasses. I have a pair of gmrs radios there in addition to my vehicle mounted 50w radio. I'm thinking I'll put my jumpstart battery in one pouch or up on the roof shelf. Finally Going to measure the roof shelf and put a luggage net over the gear on top so when it starts to get bumpy things stay up there.

Really happy with how it's coming together

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score

Thank you! I did not realize bison gear had come out with these!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if there’s an Aussie equivalent yet? Kaon maybe. That really is a shocking waste of space screaming for a solution like this.
Let us know if you find it.

There is a way to do a DIY version using marine ply and marine carpet. I am going to have one made for the passenger side to mirror the one used to mount my dual air compressor. It is smaller than the Bison version but useful for me and it will match the driver's side. That way I can store stuff between the board and the çar window. It is screwed in using the cargo mounting points on the side of walls at the back. I now have the Grenadier's tie down bracket back on the bolts holding on the board (not present in these images).

You can also mount smaller items using Veclro hooks on the device and they stick like glue to the marine carpet.

I have rear drawers, so it may not work as well with no drawers.

full

full

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom