The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Quartermaster Underbody Spare Tyre ?

Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
New Quartermaster ordered, has anyone heard about or seen anyone modify the underbody for the spare wheel?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
New Quartermaster ordered, has anyone heard about or seen anyone modify the underbody for the spare wheel?
No. Rumor is if you remove the muffler or put on a tray, you might be able to fit a spare.

The location of the spare is something I have been thinking about. But each time I come back to, that it's not really a hindrance. If you are carrying a ton of wood, then take it out and throw on the roof. If you find that you will need the bed space everyday, get a trailer hitch spare tire swing. Popular here in states on the Toyota. If you are using it for touring, then it sitting in tub does not eat into tub space ro much.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No. Rumor is if you remove the muffler or put on a tray, you might be able to fit a spare.

The location of the spare is something I have been thinking about. But each time I come back to, that it's not really a hindrance. If you are carrying a ton of wood, then take it out and throw on the roof. If you find that you will need the bed space everyday, get a trailer hitch spare tire swing. Popular here in states on the Toyota. If you are using it for touring, then it sitting in tub does not eat into tub space ro much.
Or put it on the rear seats!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I probably won't be doing a tray/canopy on my QM for a while. It comes down to free cash flow. I have no cash flow after everything else.

I'll have my canvas topper and move the tire around, depending on needs.

Local time
Reaction score
I believe there is room for a spare once the muffler is removed. Have heard that there is no difference to sound on the diesel version at least. I don't have mine yet, so can't check if there is a cross member to attach this chain lift bracket to, or what else might be needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 16

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would need to fit between the chassis rails? That might limit tyre size?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I know it was posted so.ewhere else but cruiser company released a bumper that has a tire and Jerry can swing out. This might be a expensive solution for getting tire out of the tub.

Migs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
does anyone know up to what size of tire would fit in the default slot in the bed? from pictures it looks like there is a slight groove for the tire to sit in, so wondering if there is any extra space if tire size was a 35"(ish)?

Back
Top Bottom