The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Quartermaster trailer wiring position?

Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
Have just signed the contract for my Quartermaster, and want to install a Redarc TowPro brake controller when it arrives in Q4. The wagons have the brake controller connections under the rear seat. I can't see why theis would be different for the ute. Are there more wiring connections that need to be done at the rear? Is it easy to access the round plug and convert to a seven pin flat plug? Also NATO plug conversion to not turning off when exceed 80 kph? This is to power and charge batteries in Caravan. Most photos on this site show removing rear RHS panel to access some electronics in this area. QM does not have this space.
Base guide is wagon. Hoping not too much different to Quartermaster.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
Did you fold the rear seats and see what's behind thr grey panel against the rear wall? May the other electronics are there?

Local time
Reaction score
Did you fold the rear seats and see what's behind thr grey panel against the rear wall? May the other electronics are there?
I don't have mine yet, this is why I am trying to get information so I can set it up once it arrives. There are a few around in
Australia now. I just want to get my head around what I need when it arrives. Brake controller a priority. Can run Anderson plug straight to battery to charge caravan.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
They are two different approaches to the RedArc installs in Australia, the INEOS method and XHQ approach. I have XHQ and it minimises any changes to the car. The control units can be placed in different positions, user choice.

I had XHQ install the RedArc Tow Pro and Anderson plugs, they have various kits to choose from.

Local time
Reaction score
They are two different approaches to the RedArc installs in Australia, the INEOS method and XHQ approach. I have XHQ and it minimises any changes to the car. The control units can be placed in different positions, user choice.

I had XHQ install the RedArc Tow Pro and Anderson plugs, they have various kits to choose from.
Thanks for the reply. XHQ = Xpedition Head Quartars I am assuming. Located in Brisbane? I live north of Cairns.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
I don't have mine yet, this is why I am trying to get information so I can set it up once it arrives. There are a few around in
Australia now. I just want to get my head around what I need when it arrives. Brake controller a priority. Can run Anderson plug straight to battery to charge caravan.
Did you get this figured out yet?

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score

Do you have any more information on the differences of install between XHQ and Ineos?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have any more information on the differences of install between XHQ and Ineos?
The INEOS approach is in the installation guide posted on the forum. XHQ make up their own loom (AU use a different trailer plug to the US). XHQ's approach did not overwhelm the canbus, like the original INEOS Redarc Tow Pro install did (at least in AU). I went XHQ, I have no issues. I do not know if INEOS have fixed the problems.

This is the XHQ control unit, tow pro box under the dash.

full

Redarc Tow Pro controller next to steering wheel (RHD). I had the REDARC controller installed on a Lightforce Switch Fascia.

full

Last edited:

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
The INEOS approach is in the installation guide posted on the forum. XHQ make up their own loom (AU use a different trailer plug to the US). XHQ's approach did not overwhelm the canbus, like the original INEOS Redarc Tow Pro install did (at least in AU). I went XHQ, I have no issues. I do not know if INEOS have fixed the problems.

This is the XHQ control unit, tow pro box under the dash.

full

Redarc Tow Pro controller next to steering wheel (RHD). I had the REDARC controller installed on a Lightforce Switch Fascia.

full
Appreciate the insight and the photos!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Appreciate the insight and the photos!
INEOS installed Redarc Tow Pro issues, only became obvious after towing for hours, but they left the car stranded. Redarc did go and look at the way XHQ did their install (which had no recorded problems, as XHQ did not use the canbus).

Not sure if this impacted INEOS Redarc Tow Pro installs outside Australia.

INEOS did not exactly advertsie the issue (I got some conflicting explanations over time), so I cannot be sure of having the full story, but I do have part of it.

XHQ approach on the Redarc Tow Pro have had no issues, when I last spoke with them several weeks ago (on this topic).

Obviously INEOS is going to fix their issues. They have too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom