The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Puddle Lights

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
Clearly you have never stepped out of your vehicle into a puddle and completely ruined your John Lobbs on the way to the opera
Why do you have puddles in front of the opera?

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@bemax just watching this thread.. to be serious .. proper puddle lights aren't that bad. (Not those projecting the manufacturer logo on the ground.
According to deteriorating street quality in Germany .. I know quite a number of roads I have to pass .. some of the agricultural and forest roads unpaved I usually have to go along provide a smoother ride. (Potholes and puddles all along) So the lights help indeed. - I was a couple of times happy the lamp was there .. Gloves fell down, or other items. Okay got a headlamp. but sometimes its just convenient.
Its true it is perhaps to much of gadget.. but once again.. its convenient.. And I go onroad and offroad.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@bemax just watching this thread.. to be serious .. proper puddle lights aren't that bad. (Not those projecting the manufacturer logo on the ground.
According to deteriorating street quality in Germany .. I know quite a number of roads I have to pass .. some of the agricultural and forest roads unpaved I usually have to go along provide a smoother ride. (Potholes and puddles all along) So the lights help indeed. - I was a couple of times happy the lamp was there .. Gloves fell down, or other items. Okay got a headlamp. but sometimes its just convenient.
Its true it is perhaps to much of gadget.. but once again.. its convenient.. And I go onroad and offroad.
Of course there are good reasons for them. I would like them if I could turn them of. In my Defender I installed the inner lights which can be switched to red. I like the opportunity to open the door without being a flash of light in the dark.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Of course there are good reasons for them. I would like them if I could turn them of. In my Defender I installed the inner lights which can be switched to red. I like the opportunity to open the door without being a flash of light in the dark.
Hm, yeah for hunting and red has low range less notified by certain red blind animal.
Maybe some aftermarket solution will come up.

What I do not like is this ambience lighting like in BMW and others where lights can be mood light.. .. club and redlight district style.. not my cup of tea..

Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
I didn't think I would need/want them. but once you've had them puddle lights are a nice feature. I was surprised at how much they make many things easier getting in and out. not to mention help your sight.(especially if you drop something) these will help you quite a bit living in the woods without much light.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
I didn't think I would need/want them. but once you've had them puddle lights are a nice feature. I was surprised at how much they make many things easier getting in and out. not to mention help your sight.(especially if you drop something) these will help you quite a bit living in the woods without much light.
It's a slippery slope. Massive tyres , a You Tube channel...the full 4x4 Opera

imagey.jpg

Back
Top Bottom