The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Private Plate in the UK and Service Records/Ineos Roadside Assist

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

2 weeks into ownership and loving it. Quick question for other UK owners who might have already had a similar experience as I can't get a straight answer from dealer or Ineos Customer Services:

If I put a private plate on my Gren, who do I need to inform in relation to Servicing and Roadside Assist?

Called CS and the operator said they'd have to contact head office for guidance as it's the first time they'd been asked the question :oops:. Was advised by dealer to quote ORIGINAL registration plate number to Roadside Assist in the event of a call out which isn't particularly logical. Normally you'd call the dealer and they'd just update the national system but we're obviously not dealing with a normal company :LOL:

Thanks in advance (y)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

2 weeks into ownership and loving it. Quick question for other UK owners who might have already had a similar experience as I can't get a straight answer from dealer or Ineos Customer Services:

If I put a private plate on my Gren, who do I need to inform in relation to Servicing and Roadside Assist?

Called CS and the operator said they'd have to contact head office for guidance as it's the first time they'd been asked the question :oops:. Was advised by dealer to quote ORIGINAL registration plate number to Roadside Assist in the event of a call out which isn't particularly logical. Normally you'd call the dealer and they'd just update the national system but we're obviously not dealing with a normal company :LOL:

Thanks in advance (y)
Being devil's advocate there is a argument that the breakdown assistance contract is for the original registration number. If you choose to change it that is your perogative but IA were not party to that decision so quoting the original registration would seem logical.(I presume it was first registered by Ineos and not the dealer, all though the procedure my have altered since mine was registered

Back
Top Bottom