The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Price negotiations

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
They are running 2.9% for 60 months currently as well, until the end of July
I believe that financing offer is only available for stock in hand. I seem to recall a custom order incentive of something like $1500 in add-ons - sliders, tints, etc. Whatever it was, they were definitely NOT offering discounts below sticker price.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos has said that they can't actually enforce dealers to sell at MSRP in the US; in fact for most of last year the reply from IA was that while the reservation sales would be at MSRP, after that it would be up to the dealer to react with the market
I follow pretty closely but have never seen any statement from Ineos that supposrts this. Can you provide a citation?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
I follow pretty closely but have never seen any statement from Ineos that supposrts this. Can you provide a citation?
Greg said it in one (maybe more) of his early video addresses, probably around a year ago.

Additionally it was emphasized by the entire Ineos staff throughout the PTO2 tour stops as well

Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure what their motive would be to address it in any detail. I think you just need to familiarize yourself with franchise law and fraud and collusion. In the end what you know about their business model isn't going to affect the price they give you and I doubt anyone is going to do anything that lands them in court.

From a dealer I used to have lunch with, If you're looking to make the best deal on lot stock car, check the door tags for earliest build date. The lot is financed and interest payments start on the unsold stock after 90 days (I think, I could be wrong on that, it was 25 years ago at least). So if two cars are side by side and the same and one is 120days and another 30days, lowball the 120 day unit.

Manufacturers also contribute to lot costs at a set agreed upon rate, as such dealers were raking it in when the stock was low and cars only sat for 3 days. If the stock gets too high, the manufacturer can contribute more to keep the prices up and prevent a fire sale. Only 30-40% of dealer profit is the new car sale. (Thats why I don't think we will see independent service centers soon. That could have died before the dealers signed up)

Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Greg said it in one (maybe more) of his early video addresses, probably around a year ago.

Additionally it was emphasized by the entire Ineos staff throughout the PTO2 tour stops as well
@bikesandguitars i also recall a conversation with Greg about holding MSRP for pre orders as those orders were prior to a dealer network being established.

This was also a time when people were charging 5%+ ADM’s vs now when there is inventory on hand.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I assume you’re referring to Greg Clark. As you, probably already know, he’s no longer with Ineos.
I would be more than surprised if they abandoned the uniform pricing strategy at this early stage. Time will tell.

Local time
Reaction score
Newbie here, looking to buy a Grenadier Fieldmaster. I was at the Atlanta dealership this week where they have over 95 IG's on the lot. I got the same spiel about no discounts but great financing offer. I was told the 2025's will be out in November, with a price increase. I asked where they were going to put them. This may be the ballsiest game of chicken ever!!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Newbie here, looking to buy a Grenadier Fieldmaster. I was at the Atlanta dealership this week where they have over 95 IG's on the lot. I got the same spiel about no discounts but great financing offer. I was told the 2025's will be out in November, with a price increase. I asked where they were going to put them. This may be the ballsiest game of chicken ever!!
With an 8 figure marketing budget for upcoming TV ads, the draw to the Grenadier is definitely about to take off (or at least that's what the hope is)

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m sure they’re not too nervous with 95 (probably far less) cars to sell in a protected market with a population of approx 15,000,000 people, 95% of which have probably never heard of the Grenadier yet, and the closest other dealership 6 hours away…
Do yourself a favor. Buy your Field Master now. Their first ad campaign is starting soon. The selection on the lot will only get worse. The price will not get better.

Last edited:
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
60+ in SoCal. Inventory is been building. Maybe the TV ads will help.

The 10k they can import per year, is that model year or calendar year?

Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
I ordered early and once arrived allowed my order to be sold. I'm currently thinking about replacing my G500 again so returned to the dealer. In the Chicago area, they are offering a 3% finance for 60 and hinted they could throw in some extras-whatever that means. I would need an extra key and set of steel wheels. Knauz parts quoted $800 for ONE key and just under $5000 for an extra set of 5-18 inch steel wheels. What ? I called Mercedes and was quoted $300 for a key-all in. I'm at a loss and decided to just keep the G.

Local time
Reaction score
What I've very recently discovered at multiple IG dealers is they are quite generous on desirable trades toward a new IG. No one said it out loud, but I suspect this is how they take some of the sting out of the firm msrp.

Back
Top Bottom