The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power from switches in overhead?

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
Is there anything wrong with picking up power at the overhead switch rather than from the wires in the footwell? I'm planning on routing wires through the headliner.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the switches simply trigger the relays which are located under the rear seat

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
Ok, I do see two fuses for the left and right footwell wires. Unfortunately there is no guide to the relays.

1720842677428.png

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:53 PM
Reaction score
I'm just pulling mine apart at the moment to wire in my compressor. There are 4 relays just behind the battery, they sit under the plastic shroud that sits behind the battery. These four relays control the 25A circuits I think. I have found the one that I need for my compressor, I am only using the signal wire as the compressor has its own relay. I'll just splice the signal wire from the overhead switch to the signal wire to the compressor and that should work. Its a pain in the ass working around the plastic shroud but its a lot easier than taking the head lining out I think.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is there anything wrong with picking up power at the overhead switch rather than from the wires in the footwell? I'm planning on routing wires through the headliner.
It won't take 5 minutes to unclip the footwell panel, end of dash and A pillar trim to run wires up the the roof.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
You can find a lot of information (almost everything) on fuses and relays in the thread from @TheDocAUS here, especially on the first page:
This is a compilation of his own research and information found by others.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I finished wiring the compressor in today, I just picked up the white signal wire and connected that to the signal wire for the compressor. Works perfectly, it's so handy having those overhead switches!

Back
Top Bottom