The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Permanent warning sound

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
I have that warning piep sound.
Someone had that before.
What is the fix?

Attachments

• IMG_8070.mov
    3.1 MB

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
I have had a similar sound occasionally when reversing.
If i put the car from a forward gear in to reverse too fast when doing a three point turn it would make the same sound, until i switched off the ignition removed the key let the media screen blank out then restarted the car.
Hope that helps

Vote:
Upvote 0

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did not go away.
Had to detach battery.
After that I had all sorts of warning lights on. Diff lock buttons blinking…
Took a couple of minutes to go off and back to normal.
Quite some blood pressure here.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Morle

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have had a similar sound occasionally when reversing.
If i put the car from a forward gear in to reverse too fast when doing a three point turn it would make the same sound, until i switched off the ignition removed the key let the media screen blank out then restarted the car.
Hope that helps
I had exactly the same problem, only ignition off and removing the key solved the error

Vote:
Upvote 0

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I had exactly the same problem, only ignition off and removing the key solved the error
But didn't he write that this didn't help?

Reactions: PBD
Vote:
Upvote 0

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
I don't think there is any particular trigger to the warning/error tones, they just happen.
I have also found there is no particular way to resolve them, to is just trial and error and fudging your way through to get them to stop.

Reactions: PBD
Vote:
Upvote 0

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
This vehicle was touted as less fuss and less electronics and a true off-roader. I am not convinced these issues are going away anytime soon. Disconnecting a battery to wipe a warning (as they may have been the only way) is poor design/implementation/performance and gives me little confidence. Let us hope these electric issues are just minor in nature, able to be resolved by new firmware

Vote:
Upvote 0

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
This vehicle was touted as less fuss and less electronics and a true off-roader. I am not convinced these issues are going away anytime soon. Disconnecting a battery to wipe a warning (as they may have been the only way) is poor design/implementation/performance and gives me little confidence. Let us hope these electric issues are just minor in nature, able to be resolved by new firmware
You need to take some happy pills
Or scotch
Or gin
Or coke

Vote:
Upvote 0

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
1688291273091.png

Vote:
Upvote 0

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
As usual, they have released the car with so many things not being perfect or even complete.

For the software part, the standard procedure is:

Sales manager (SM): We're going to roll out the product next month. 🤑 How is the software?
Software chief (SC): No problem, we're just ironing out some minor glitches. 😇 :whistle:
Software developer (SD): But ... o_O
SC: ... but WHAT? 👿
SD: nothing. :censored:
Mumbling in the background: oh my god ... :eek:
SM: Fine, I knew I can rely on you. 🙉 🙈(and leaves the room).
SD: But we're not even at a pre-alpha-release? Timings are crap, interfaces are construction sites, no field tests done, it will fail dramatically! 😭
SC: you exaggerate. Do you want to stop the whole project? 😤
SD: Of course not, but... 😰
SC: there is no but. 🛑 The earth keeps turning. Get to work. 🌩️

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just took delivery on Saturday and couldn’t be more happy. Unfortunately, some of the options are still missing but they will eventually show up. So for the beeping… I parked it in my garage on Saturday and locked the vehicle. On Sunday morning I wanted to get something in the garage and heard a constant soft beep. Not very loud…maybe 65 db. Couldn’t figure out where it came from but it sounded like the beep you hear when you turn the contact on (almost like pre-heating or a solenoid that hums). Decided just to unlock the car, turn on the contact, wait for 30 sec and turn it back off without having the engine started, locked the vehicle back up and voilà… sound disappeared after 1 minute. Guess these are still software gremlins. JMO

Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
I agree and i understand the difficulty Ineos faced implementing this sort of vehicle in 2022/23 but there are an almost unknown amount of software loops that can disable these modern vehicles - off road we need to understand some of these

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom