The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Overall warning telltale

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
During my drive home, the overall warning telltale turned on yellow. It’s the triangle symbol at the bottom right corner. I took a picture when I got home with the engine still running. There were no warning messages on the center display and no audible alarms that I recall around the time I noticed it on. Grenadier drove normally. The warning went away after a restart.

I didn’t find any info about this warning in the manual. It just says that when the lamp is red to stop driving immediately. Any idea what conditions trigger it to light up yellow?

IMG_0413.jpeg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
Happened to me twice, randomly but not for many months now. Not a clue as to why!

Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
That is to tell you there is a warning message that you can access through the main screen .

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Might be too simple but a couple of times I've had that warning triangle come up with no message on the main screen it's because I've not slammed the driver's door hard enough and it's on the half-latch.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
I had a new warning yesterday-upper left of telltale. Looked like a brake light and the main screen warning said the same. I checked the light and all worked fine, then the light went away. I’m guessing it was a little glitchy.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have noticed this, it can easily come on with a brief sensor error, so if the screnwash briefly flashed low it would come on. Mine randomly came up as oil level over filled the other day. I did an oil check procedure and it went away again.
So if any warning comes up even for a brief moment that light will illuminate and only clear when the fault has been rectified, or if it was a spurious message at the start of the next drive.

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
I have noticed this, it can easily come on with a brief sensor error, so if the screnwash briefly flashed low it would come on. Mine randomly came up as oil level over filled the other day. I did an oil check procedure and it went away again.
So if any warning comes up even for a brief moment that light will illuminate and only clear when the fault has been rectified, or if it was a spurious message at the start of the next drive.
I expected a warning to show up on the instrument cluster side of the display, but maybe it went away quickly and I missed it.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Mine came on in a gulley washer of a rainstorm. I’m guessing the sensors and cameras were a little confused. Haven’t seen it again since then.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have that warning triangle error permanently and it’s due to the Ecall error. I’m not fussed about so it can wait until I need to go to a dealers

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's comforting to find this thread because I was beginning to wonder why other people had experienced such issues but not me. Well now I've joined the club. That little warning ⚠️ is shining away. The agency says nothing to worry about, come in for a fix, but they're miles away and I have a long journey tomorrow. I'll just have to ignore it for now, but suppose there's a genuine problem? Mechanically, the Grenadier may have been ready for launch, but the software issues have let it down.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
It's comforting to find this thread because I was beginning to wonder why other people had experienced such issues but not me. Well now I've joined the club. That little warning ⚠️ is shining away. The agency says nothing to worry about, come in for a fix, but they're miles away and I have a long journey tomorrow. I'll just have to ignore it for now, but suppose there's a genuine problem? Mechanically, the Grenadier may have been ready for launch, but the software issues have let it down.
have a look in the deeper areas of the infotainment menu. I do not know the wording in English but it should be something like "vehicle information" you can see the actual faults as a text there.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
have a look in the deeper areas of the infotainment menu. I do not know the wording in English but it should be something like "vehicle information" you can see the actual faults as a text there.
Are you saying I can fix them by searching there?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
not at all, but the original post said (as I remember) that there was just the triangle and no message. So if you want to know the reason for the triangle it might help you. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can certainly see what the warning is, but you can't clear them from there. If it is a spurious software alarm you may be able to clear it by a infomat reboot, although ignition off overnight should have done that anyway

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
not at all, but the original post said (as I remember) that there was just the triangle and no message. So if you want to know the reason for the triangle it might help you. Sorry if I misunderstood you.
I called the agency and they said it was connected to the emergency breakdown button. So we came to a sort of deal - if I break down I'll call them. He suggested I didn't push the SOS button to test it - which seemed sound advice to me!

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can certainly see what the warning is, but you can't clear them from there. If it is a spurious software alarm you may be able to clear it by a infomat reboot, although ignition off overnight should have done that anyway
Sounds like another trip to the agents. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't so far away.

Back
Top Bottom