The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Over a Year

Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
Is anyone else in the US still waiting for an order placed over a year ago? I had a reservation and placed my order in May of 2023 and I’m still waiting, with little to no updates from Ineos. A friend ordered one 10 months after me and the dealer has emailed him letting him know it’s ready for delivery . Our vehicles were on the same boat and mine is still sitting at the port. What could have been a great experience has turned into endless frustration. I just wish there was another vehicle I could buy in its place. I’m still going to wait but just needed to vent a little.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it is at the port, then it is in the queue to await transport. How long has it been there? Depending on how many vehicles arrived at port from one ship, that delay could be 2-3 weeks

Local time
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat (pun intended). Reservation 6/22, ordered 6/23, built 2/24. arrived GA 6/24. No one can tell me why the delay.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass on it and reassess, but who knows what I'll do when it gets here. 🤷‍♂️

Local time
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat (pun intended). Reservation 6/22, ordered 6/23, built 2/24. arrived GA 6/24. No one can tell me why the delay.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass on it and reassess, but who knows what I'll do when it gets here. 🤷‍♂️
Sounds familiar alright, mine arrived at port on 5/17 and as far as I know is still sitting there. I see we both went with the Sela Green so perhaps there is an extended dry time for that paint……..

TXJOHN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
There is hope, as long as there is patience. My timeline was reservation 1/23, order6/23, build 1/24, arrived in GA 4/14/24 and finally delivered 6/14/24. What is so frustrating is the amount of time it sat at the factory and then again at the GA port. Mine sat for 4 months, nuts. Wether it did any good or not I pestered the dealer to contact INEOS and "expedite" shipment, which he said he did. Did that help? But the 300 mile drive home convinced me this is a keeper, much better on the road than I anticipated.

Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
I placed my order 3/24 with an ETA of October 2024. The website status was changed about a week ago to "In production" and I got a call from the dealer this week where they gave me the VIN. The ETA on the website now shows "Q3 2024". Does anyone know how long they are typically in production? Given the other comments about shipping delays, etc. I guess I should probably just stop thinking about it and wait for the dealer to call me when it arrives. It would sure be nice to have a little more information.

Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone else in the US still waiting for an order placed over a year ago? I had a reservation and placed my order in May of 2023 and I’m still waiting, with little to no updates from Ineos. A friend ordered one 10 months after me and the dealer has emailed him letting him know it’s ready for delivery . Our vehicles were on the same boat and mine is still sitting at the port. What could have been a great experience has turned into endless frustration. I just wish there was another vehicle I could buy in its place. I’m still going to wait but just needed to vent a little.
I ordered on day one and mine is finally here now. I did order absolutely everything on it so maybe that was the hold up, two time paint and red frame with winch. They seem to have a ton of lower base models sitting

Local time
Reaction score
I was just about to post the same question. Ordered last June and got a vague message from the dealer that it is on a boat. Ineos website doesn't update status. About a month ago I actually received a survey about how much I am enjoying my new Grenadier, LOL.

S52

Local time
Reaction score
Placed my order 11/23. Website showing Q3 delivery 2024. Haven't heard much of anything from Ineos or the dealer. I reached out to INEOS back in April for a status update- I was told due to my order being highly optioned (winch, two tone roof) it would take longer to enter production. At this point I hope it delays into the end of the year so I wind up with a 2025 model. Gonna be frustrating to get a late 2024 right as the 2025's go into production.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
I placed my order 3/24 with an ETA of October 2024. The website status was changed about a week ago to "In production" and I got a call from the dealer this week where they gave me the VIN. The ETA on the website now shows "Q3 2024". Does anyone know how long they are typically in production? Given the other comments about shipping delays, etc. I guess I should probably just stop thinking about it and wait for the dealer to call me when it arrives. It would sure be nice to have a little more information.
I ordered mine on 22nd July 2022
Signed the contract on 26th April 2023
Paid in full on the 6th October 2023
I took this screenshot today and as you can see apparently it is still in production.
It must be a long production line because mine just tripped over 18,000 kms on the counter.

1719439686017.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
Bumping this thread.
Reservation: June 9, 2022
Ordered: June 28th, 2023
Built: ~Feb/March 2024 VIN 12519
Shipped: May 28th, 2024(!)
Arrived Georgia: June 8th, 2024
Now: ??? Georgia to Dallas via Patagonia? Still in the wind. 🤷‍♂️

Sewell doesn't seem to care. Same with IA. Being taken for granted is annoying.

Will I win the "Last To Arrive" award?

• Dislike
Reactions: S52

chtucker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bumping this thread.
Reservation: June 9, 2022
Ordered: June 28th, 2023
Built: ~Feb/March 2024 VIN 12519
Shipped: May 28th, 2024(!)
Arrived Georgia: June 8th, 2024
Now: ??? Georgia to Dallas via Patagonia? Still in the wind. 🤷‍♂️

Sewell doesn't seem to care. Same with IA. Being taken for granted is annoying.

Will I win the "Last To Arrive" award?
Is what you ordered so unique that you can not find something on a dealer's lot. They all seem to have 30-50 available immediately..

Local time
Reaction score
Part of the beauty of the Grenadier project was the ability to order piecemeal instead of bloated packages. I got in early and ordered what I wanted on a wagon instead of the Trialmaster/Fieldmaster bundles.

For ~$80k I want what I ordered, not something 'close'. I have a friend who drives by a lot, makes a u-turn, and trades because something caught his eye. That's not me. I was willing to be patient, but I hadn't planned on Mr. Bean running the post-factory logistics department. :confused:

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

chtucker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Part of the beauty of the Grenadier project was the ability to order piecemeal instead of bloated packages. I got in early and ordered what I wanted on a wagon instead of the Trialmaster/Fieldmaster bundles.

For ~$80k I want what I ordered, not something 'close'. I have a friend who drives by a lot, makes a u-turn, and trades because something caught his eye. That's not me. I was willing to be patient, but I hadn't planned on Mr. Bean running the post-factory logistics department. :confused:

Mr Bean Reaction GIF
Yeah, I am kinda lucky, dumb lucky. I made a reservation order, it came in and I refused it.. 1 month later one our cars got creamed by a DUI driver... and I went and picked up my order at 2.9%

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
Is what you ordered so unique that you can not find something on a dealer's lot. They all seem to have 30-50 available immediately..
I think this is what is adding to the delays in the US.
Dealers stock orders were filled first.
Most other countries didn't have this problem as the dealers only had Ineos owned demo's.

North America are not buying from Ineos Automotive, so Ineos should not be giving you any updates or details on your delivery.
In most countries that would be in breach of business confidentiality laws.
Potentially the vehicle could be sitting at the dock because the dealer has financial issues or problems with trucking companies/unions.

In fact I think until you buy it from the dealer and register it for warranty you really aren't a customer of Ineos at all.
As someone else from US previously commented, they may not even take delivery, so why would Ineos be invested in US customers until they have actually purchased one.
Then they are only really involved in Warranty issues

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think this is what is adding to the delays in the US.
Dealers stock orders were filled first.
For what it's worth, dealers didn't have the ability to place stock orders for at least the first 3-5 months of deliveries; dealer stock is accrued from people not purchasing their ordered vehicles

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was one of the first to put a deposit down and waited over 2 years, almost 3 to get my Grenadier. Yeah, dealers have some in stock, but nothing like I spec’d mine so the wait got me exactly what I wanted and not something I would regret later didn’t have something that I think would be cool. If you can wait, wait. Get exactly what you want, it isn’t cheap so jumping the gun because you are impatient is never a good option

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow,

I thought mine was a long strange journey. Let me preface my story by saying I was not in a hurry for my Trialmaster so being the stoic I am waited to order until the first vehicles were landing in the US in the Fall of '23.

I ordered mine at the end of September and the configurator predicted a March of '24 production with delivery in the 3rd quarter of 2024. If hearing the stories at that time I was a little surprised it was quite so soon I was expecting perhaps the first quarter of 2025, perfect for my retirement in September of '25.

March came and went, so I called Ineos and they couldn't tell me where in the system my Trialmaster was but assured me it would arrive before December of '24. OK, great, a bit early but that works. merry christmas to me.

Fast forward to May, the configurator says my Trialmaster is still not in production. This doesn't really break my heart because I don't really need it until the summer of 2025 and based on some of the other stories I read this is not unusual.

I shared my orfer to production timeline on another platform and received a message from someone who claimed to be on the production side of the house at Ineos asking whether they could help me figure out what was going on with the production of my IG.

I told him that I was not in a hurry and I really didn't want to trouble anyone but I appreciated the offer. I kept his contact information and told him I would reach out if I had any questions. Finally in June we began receiving the Arcane Works emails and to be honest they pissed me off. I am all about being rare and premium and bespoke but what about the regular guy?

I reached out to the guy who claimed to be in production in late June and gave him my pre-order number. To my surprise he told me my Trialmaster was on a boat headed to the port of Tacoma, Washington and should be there in mid-July.

WTF. I wasn't exactly disappointed, but it was a bit startling. My IG hadn't been built yet. I called the dealership that I had been reassigned to, my original dealer in northern California had not cone to fruition, and I was reassigned to the Ferrari / Masarati store in Portland. They confirmed my Trialmaster was inbound.

Sure enough, 2 weeks ago it arrived at the dealership in Portland without ever having been produced,at least according to the configurator. I scrambled to get it paid for and they scrambled to get together the dealer installed options that were specified. In the meantime I asked the finance manager to send me an invoice with all of the options specified on the vehicle that had been delivered.

Everything was as I ordered it with the exception of one item, the tow package. It had the tow package and I ordered mine without. I'm not quite sure where the hitch was, or whether or not someone stepped out of line after I ordered mine and this was their intention all along. If I suppose this might remain a mystery.

I fly to Portland on Thursday to pick "my" Trialmaster up 5 months earlier than expected or promised. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom