The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas North American operations, dealers and ordering?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Wait, you were told US would have stand alone dealers?!

Local time
Reaction score
The rep at the DFW event made it sound like this would be the preferred model. Mentioned "slapping some blue paint" on an existing pre-owned area and branding it IA. Also aiming for regional dealers rather than mom 'n' pop shops or Carmax-type giants. I read that as Sewell/Avondale/Park Place in the DFW area. PleasePleasePlease not Autobahn Motors in Fort Worth!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The rep at the DFW event made it sound like this would be the preferred model. Mentioned "slapping some blue paint" on an existing pre-owned area and branding it IA. Also aiming for regional dealers rather than mom 'n' pop shops or Carmax-type giants. I read that as Sewell/Avondale/Park Place in the DFW area. PleasePleasePlease not Autobahn Motors in Fort Worth!
Wow. First I’ve heard that and while I don’t doubt you, I have trouble believing that’s IA’s plan. Hopefully the picture will start to become clear sooner than later.

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Yes he told all of us (30 or more people) That there would be stand alone dealers. USA. He told us this after I asked if they will be sold and serviced by BMW dealers and he said BMW would not be selling them.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very, very interesting!

m-j

Local time
Reaction score
Yes he told all of us (30 or more people) That there would be stand alone dealers. USA. He told us this after I asked if they will be sold and serviced by BMW dealers and he said BMW would not be selling them.
Well that makes sense since no dealer information has been leaked, but doesn't make sense since no Ineous dealer shops have been spotted. I guess time will tell.

MJ

DDG

Local time
Reaction score
This is something that no one really appreciated fully. A new manufacturer without a dealer network in a country that depends (often legally) on a dealer system. There’s no way they pull it off without some major issues. The BMW tie in makes a lot of sense, but the two BMW dealers local to me have not been contacted (I’m told) by Ineos Automotive. I will be patient with this part of the process because it is critical for their success. To be able to support the brand across a very large country, and a market that could help to cement the future success of the brand. That said, the US market is not critical to IA. I think Australia/NZ are every bit as necessary to the eventual success, along with the euro/uk markets. North America is gravy on top

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they'll be any more forthcoming with information, but Stu is going to the LA demo tomorrow. I think @DDG is right in pointing out that starting from scratch with a new dealer network for a very niche product (and only one model at that) seems like a stretch. I've made the assumption (we know how that goes) there will be a BMW connection, but that could be off the mark. Others have expressed this, but BMW and other "upmarket" brands in the US mean higher labor rates and parts prices; at the same time, I can't think of a specific brand that pairs better, since the Gren will not really compete with any BMW product. Although, as I was typing this, an admittedly dim bulb went off, could pair with Mini?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well one US dealership is getting to be a retail partner of Ineos ahead of the game.

"Takeover deal confirmed between Jardine Motors and Lithia"
If I'm reading this correctly, these are UK dealerships (now owned by an American company), and I did not see Ineos mentioned as one of the brands they distribute. If that was an oversight, I sure hope that when the US pairings are announced they're not at super hi-end dealerships. The only way that would be acceptable is if Ineos service works under different labor rates and parts pricing, as I imagine a Ferrari/McLaren dealership is pretty pricey!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If I'm reading this correctly, these are UK dealerships (now owned by an American company), and I did not see Ineos mentioned as one of the brands they distribute. If that was an oversight, I sure hope that when the US pairings are announced they're not at super hi-end dealerships. The only way that would be acceptable is if Ineos service works under different labor rates and parts pricing, as I imagine a Ferrari/McLaren dealership is pretty pricey!
Jardine motor group sells Ineos at Essex&Kent locations. Who knows but that might be leverage they need to make the deal here in US. Also it could work along the lines of a agent model versus a dealer model.

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Well one US dealership is getting to be a retail partner of Ineos ahead of the game.

"Takeover deal confirmed between Jardine Motors and Lithia"
‘They have made no secret of their desire to move to the UK and I’d argue that Jardine hold one of the most attractive portfolios in the UK.

‘Purchasing this from Jardine would be a shrewd move but I don’t believe it would come cheap, and there will be some serious OEM approvals needed.’

So towards the end there’s a bit of clarification. At least there’s no * this time or horse meat.

But as automotive news it’s interesting.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"Speaking ahead of the deal" is the bit you may have missed.

Deal is done.
How have you connected this to Ineos though? There’s no mention whatsoever in the article.

Back
Top Bottom