The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Well did you pick up your Grenny yet? Been driving it daily? Post a pic……I’m late to the thread, but welcome Mad Hatter & DrAngler!! 👍👍

Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
Hello as well. We are very close to pulling the trigger as our ‘local’ dealership, Triad INEOS in Highpoint, NC, has a little over 30 in-stock and several identical to the builds.

I have a few questions if anyone can help.

—The factory being shut down due to Recaro seats. That feels a bit strange since there are alternative vendors out there and Recaro has been on the tipping point for a while. When I read this, coupled with the fact that the dealership has 30 in stock on a niche vehicle, we started to pause. They are offering significant discounts as well to clear inventory. Anyone have concerns that the factory slow down/shut down is also due to excess inventory in the US market or other company finance issues (I understand that the parent company is the 4th largest chemical producer—but, that doesn’t mean they will run a business line at a loss).

—Many individuals have pointed to some silly things such as the fact that the speed warning setting has to be re-set every time you use it. The local dealer said that they will program into a favorite and, yes, been waiting for a promised software update since July. As an owner of a Rivian R1S Gen 2, they are pushing out updates left and right and have accepted two software recommendations I posted and made those changes (although I was probably not the only one to suggest). Do these guys have their software team act together?

—I read mixed feedback if you were going to trek for a long journey. We have around 200 miles to our mountain house and some of the highways with speed limits of 70 (which means a bit more of course). How fast do you feel comfortable with the ride or 3 to 4 hour highway journeys?

Appreciate thoughts. We are scheduled to hit the dealership next weekend. On looks alone, she returns home.

Mad Hatter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Well did you pick up your Grenny yet? Been driving it daily? Post a pic……I’m late to the thread, but welcome Mad Hatter & DrAngler!! 👍👍
Yup, picked it up this morning and drove it 400k’s home. Very impressed. Ergonomics good. Infotainment good. Vehicle dynamics good. Everything I hoped for really. Great feel good factor driving it. Off to the Pyrenees in two weeks time to try it out off road. Can’t wait 😁

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Yup, picked it up this morning and drove it 400k’s home. Very impressed. Ergonomics good. Infotainment good. Vehicle dynamics good. Everything I hoped for really. Great feel good factor driving it. Off to the Pyrenees in two weeks time to try it out off road. Can’t wait 😁
Hey look who has a new banner & vehicle!! Congrats and welcome to the family!!!!!👍🙌

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:37 AM
Reaction score
Hello as well. We are very close to pulling the trigger as our ‘local’ dealership, Triad INEOS in Highpoint, NC, has a little over 30 in-stock and several identical to the builds.

I have a few questions if anyone can help.

—The factory being shut down due to Recaro seats. That feels a bit strange since there are alternative vendors out there and Recaro has been on the tipping point for a while. When I read this, coupled with the fact that the dealership has 30 in stock on a niche vehicle, we started to pause. They are offering significant discounts as well to clear inventory. Anyone have concerns that the factory slow down/shut down is also due to excess inventory in the US market or other company finance issues (I understand that the parent company is the 4th largest chemical producer—but, that doesn’t mean they will run a business line at a loss).

The IG went through crash testing with Reearo seats. To change seats means the tests must be redone, no quick and easy option.

Back
Top Bottom