The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My cup tip-eth over

SQF1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
The cup holder issue has been my most maddening aspect of the Gren. Every at speed left turn tosses my coffe cup out of the holder onto the passenger floorboard. It's not like I am running around with Big Gulps or anything. I just need it to hold the two vessels I use daily. My coffee mug and my Soda Stream bottle (that just rolls off the passenger seat onto floor because no chance of fitting the cupholder). I found a temporary solution (first picture). My middle boy is in college to become a tech teacher (modern day shop). He just bought a fancy very capable 3d printer so a permanent solution is in the works! In measuring and inspecting the taper is needed in the factory holders to avoid the cable on the right and the gussets on the console base plate. The gussets could be removed but my intention is to require as little cutting of the factory plastic as possible to accommodate the larger cup holder. We've come up with a work around design that we he is printing out now and I will test and tweak. I'll post the results once we are there but for now I'll run with my temporary solution!

tempcupholder.jpg
monster cups.jpg

Back
Top Bottom