The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Moreton Island Shakedown

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
I got a red box and no reading on state of charge for aprox 20 min. After that time it came back alive, and continued to show the charge for the day. However cruise control still fails to engage.

I achieved 96% charge after 8 hours of continuous driving. Seemed slow to top up. In previous long days I’d achieved 99% in only a few hours.

I have a feeling it has to do with the direct wiring of the fridge to the Aux battery. I had Drifta’s sparky wire it into the aux with an inline fuse.
🤘
The battery state does go to zero from time to time, but usually corrects itself within 5 minutes. I noticed it tends to happen when the batteries are near full capacity.

From observing my battery monitors on both batteries, I would say the car's SOC reading error range is 3 to 5% plus or minus. So do not worry about 96%. If the charging amps drop to 1-3 amps, the batteries are full, assuming no big current draw.

My fridge is directly wired into the aux battery and I am not seeing this issue, so far.

My rock sliders get fitted today.

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just a thought. It didn’t happen after you filled up did it??
I filled up once and after the first click kept putting more in. Then when I went to start it got all the Christmas lights going on. It doesn’t like that.
Did a reset (hold the mute button on til the screen goes blank) and they all cleared and didn’t have any other issues.

So, you're note supposed to go any further than the initial click when filling up? I've always been in the habit of filling to the very tippy top (when I see fuel at the filler port).

Is there any reason why the Gren is so sensitive to filling past the first click?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, you're note supposed to go any further than the initial click when filling up? I've always been in the habit of filling to the very tippy top (when I see fuel at the filler port).

Is there any reason why the Gren is so sensitive to filling past the first click?
The first click might not be the correct one to end on. After many years serving in a station, I wait a few seconds after the first click, then try again - allowing any diesel foam to settle a bit. You can also get an air bubble trigger the cut-off, before it is full. Next click I usually stop.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

The Head Ineos Tech mentioned it at a customer info event a month or so ago. I didn’t question “why”, but apparently it’s not an issue restricted to Ineos but a number of manufacturers. Coming out of a 2008 model I’d never heard about it, but just accepted it as one of those things you get with “progress”. 🤔

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of as to why we should stop at the first click is maybe something to do with vapour lock? The breather line from the tank up towards the filler port being full of fuel may cause a vacuum within the tank as the fuel pump is trying to suck fuel out of the tank and fighting the vacuum, causing fuel starvation?

I dunno, I’m not a mechanic.

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And the saga comes to an end…

3,000K’s in the first 10 days of ownership.
Not a bad shakedown.

I mentioned in the B57 thread about the nagging CEL I have been dealing with getting scanned by the techs and being considered a “computer glitch” I’ll eventually have them look deeper into it, as my cruise control is still not working. But it’s a low priority.

Otherwise the truck ran like a top. Didn’t leave me stranded. I’m in love.
😍

Attachments

• IMG_2131.jpeg
    IMG_2131.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, Brother!
It’s been meticulously planned out and deliberated over for months. Finally executed, and wow what a great rig.

I’ll post a write up about everything when I get a free minute.

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a caravan girl, but seeing that swag out under the awning makes me think that maybe I should acquire one, so I can go on some impromptu trips not far from home. Just me, the Gren, some food, car fridge, awning, camp stove, swag. Off I go!

Back
Top Bottom