The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Model year differences and how do I know what model year my vehicle is?

Mad Hatter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
New member here with a question on model year changes……

Back in March this year I specced and ordered a grenadier 5 seat utility and was advised by Ineos to expect delivery in September, this expectation continued right up until the 19th of September when I received notification from Ineos that production of my car was going to be delayed until some time in 2025. This was obviously disappointing but fortunately my dealer had a vehicle in stock that met my needs and I was able to cancel my original order and buy the stock vehicle which I will collect in a couple of weeks time ( trialmaster in eldoret blue ). I’m happy with this outcome but I’m intrigued as to what model year my new car will be and whether it will have the ADAS speed warning clicker or the larger reversing camera display. The vehicle I’m buying was originally ordered on 1/8/23 and received and registered by the dealer on 1/2/24. Do you think that would make it a 23.5 model year without the ADAS speed warning and with the smaller reversing camera display?

Any insight appreciated and apologies to moderators if I’ve posted this in the wrong place

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:21 PM
Reaction score
but I’m intrigued as to what model year my new car will be and whether it will have the ADAS speed warning clicker or the larger reversing camera display.
Factory went MY24 around March. (not to be confused with US vehicles which dealers refer to MY24 but seem to be either MY23.5 and MY24).

European cars being sold as new have to have the ADAS turned on. So, either they have retrofitted an MY23.5, it's an MY24, or it's being sold as secondhand.

The vehicle I’m buying was originally ordered on 1/8/23 and received and registered by the dealer on 1/2/24. Do you think that would make it a 23.5 model year without the ADAS speed warning and with the smaller reversing camera display?
The exact date when MY24 is unclear. However, if it was registered in February, then it was probably built in December or January. So, that makes it more likely to be a MY23.5.

Mad Hatter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the comprehensive answer. I’ll contact my dealer to clarify what I’m getting. I’m happy either way though as it’s a higher spec vehicle than the one I originally ordered.

Back
Top Bottom