The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Looks like we have choices in US for Diff Skid Plates

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
I ordered the Rival engine/trans plate. This is the least protected piece on the IG - starter wiring, trans pan, etc. Yes it is higher, but sticks, branches, etc would tear up these parts. Transfer case might be on the list at some point, but I don’t see a reason for the diffs or fuel tank. Yes they are low, but you are only going to make them lower with a skid plate and the IG has the drain plugs in good locations so you are not going to drop them with a hit.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
I made a somewhat similar calculation thats why I ordered the engine trans plate first. But I think I'll get steel diff covers, but I'm not in a big rush for that.
Gas tank is an area I'm thinking through. I have not made up my mind which way I want to go. I may go stainless steel here.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
If you could protect only one section, which one would it be?
The only part I hit underneath that caused a problem was the rear diff. I hit and moved the rear diff cover while on very bad rock road. This caused a small oil leak. I light of this I will be getting diff covers and the gearbox cover.

TahoeGren

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the lowest point on the truck is the OEM fuel tank skid plate
Yeah I was surprised to find this. I measured yesterday when I was looking around under there and it’s only around 10” off the ground, which is about the height of the diff. That’s with no lift and stock tires at 38 psi.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Logsplitter , I think that picture is the rear muffler skid plate, which is also low. How does the fuel tank skid look?

Yeah diff guards need to protect the cover and the pinion.
Your right. I was not quite awake when I posted. But yes rear muffler skid plate and I bashed rear diff causing small oil leak 👍🏼

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed and mine bashed up View attachment 7862074real bad and has been replaced. It did its job though with no damage to the rear silencer. 👍🏼
That would look good on your workshop wall.

Have not quite yet decided what bash plates to go with. Like the idea of steel but thick aluminium would prob serve my purposes well.

What choices in the UK, Rival, SPP.....?

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
Custom Offroad in Australia are doing stainless steel bash plates for the Grenadier. They no longer do Aluminium, instead 3mm or 4mm stainless and the weight is less than the Rival plates you guys have been mentioning. Great quality and great price AU$459 including freight to metro areas gets 4mm SS transmission and transfer case plates weighing only 21kg all up.

Mine just turned up today.

From their web site:IMG_3696.png

Off to talk to them on Thursday about whether they can make a few more bits especially to protect trailing arm joints and the diffs

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Custom Offroad in Australia are doing stainless steel bash plates for the Grenadier. They no longer do Aluminium, instead 3mm or 4mm stainless and the weight is less than the Rival plates you guys have been mentioning. Great quality and great price AU$459 including freight to metro areas gets 4mm SS transmission and transfer case plates weighing only 21kg all up.

From their web site:View attachment 7862088

Off to talk to them on Thursday about whether they can make a few more bits especially to protect trailing arm joints and the diffs
That's what I am looking for - wondering whether UK group buy would be suitable in order to reduce the shipping costs. Can't escape the duty and vat and vat on duty though........

Perhaps Tazzie can fit some in his suitcases on his monthly trips to UK & Eire

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That would look good on your workshop wall.

Have not quite yet decided what bash plates to go with. Like the idea of steel but thick aluminium would prob serve my purposes well.

What choices in the UK, Rival, SPP.....?
I haven’t done any proper research yet although I know it’s not cheap. Have I dreamt this but I thought Ineos themselves were going to come up with under guard protection at some point 🤔

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t done any proper research yet although I know it’s not cheap. Have I dreamt this but I thought Ineos themselves were going to come up with under guard protection at some point 🤔
I remember Ineos saying the protection would be available but it seemed to evaporate around the sametime as Gullwing window option etc.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score

From their web site:View attachment 7862088

Wow! I need this.

If you think of it, ask if they will ship to USA.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
Are you a little short on change, or just adverse to protection?
Seeing as the protection is out of stock in most places, I decided to prioritize based on which area badly needs the protection and search for that part.
Plus one can only sneak so much past the wife before one finds oneself overlanding in the driveway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom