The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Location of the ECU in the Grenadier.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
Given the panoply and plethora of software glitches , I'm wondering if mine has O.F.U.

The term harks back to med school days ; there was this guy (now uber respectable) who, shall we say, enjoyed a drink at parties.
The first time I met him the day after a very heavy night he was groaning and saying "Ohhh , I'm OFU"

I later asked what that meant and was told "One Fked unit"
Back in the dark ages, I was an A&E (now Americanised to ER) nurse. And we had a note abbreviation PFO which stood for “pissed (drunk for the Americans) and fell over”

Vote:
Upvote 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Back in the dark ages, I was an A&E (now Americanised to ER) nurse. And we had a note abbreviation PFO which stood for “pissed and fell over”
In the US we primarily have these humorous acronyms for the deceased....

Vote:
Upvote 0

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
Since Tdi there was one first, with the introduction of the Td5 there erer two.

AWo
Aha, I have one of the last Td5 defenders, before they started with the Ford Puma engines. So you are saying, that next to the ECU under the chair there is a second one somewhere? I thought I knew my car but I am learning again on this forum.

Vote:
Upvote 0

AWo

Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
The 10AS ECU for the door locking and engine blocking and alarming At LHD vehicles it is left of the steering wheel just above the pedals. It receives the key signal, the signal from the sensor ring around the ignition lock (to engange the engine when your key is in the lock) and communicates with the central ECU. A small grey plastic box.

AWo

Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
Aha, I have one of the last Td5 defenders, before they started with the Ford Puma engines. So you are saying, that next to the ECU under the chair there is a second one somewhere? I thought I knew my car but I am learning again on this forum.
I have exactly the same car. A 2005 TD5.

The ecu's under the seat.. the one at the front is the engine control ecu. The one at the back is the body computer. There is another small "black box" mounted to the firewall behind the instrument panel which is the alarm "brain".

That's it.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
Back in the dark ages, I was an A&E (now Americanised to ER) nurse. And we had a note abbreviation PFO which stood for “pissed (drunk for the Americans) and fell over”
That was just one of many.
FTT = failure to thrive (the paediatric term but used for teat and toast geriatrics)
FLK = funny looking kid
GOMER = get out of my emergency room (overly complex non critical patient )
The Greek "psi" symbol for a psych patient
etc etc!

Vote:
Upvote 0

tristand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
The BCM and infotainment head unit are behind the panel under the steering wheel (on right hand drive vehicles).

PXL_20231005_083948236.jpg

Tristan

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom