The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Let's get some perspective: Is your Grenadier AC working as it should?

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:59 PM
Reaction score
Who else's AC is batsh1t crazy and randomly blows hot air one day and cold the next on the exact same setting? I don't think the AC system got the attention it deserved during the 1.2 million miles of road testing, that's for sure. I love my new truck but it's the one thing that drives me nuts on pretty much a daily basis as I fiddle away at the controls and I'm surprised Ineos haven't found a fix for it yet. I gather it's down to sticky solenoid valves or such like and is probably an expensive warranty concern for them.

It would be useful to set up a poll on this forum and get an idea of what percentage and numbers of owners here have flaky AC. This forum must represent a decent amount of the Grenadier owner population, perhaps it would help sharpen Ineos' perspective on the issue if it popped up on every Google search relating to Grenadier AC issues. I don't have the ability to raise a forum poll but maybe @Stu_Barnes would consider it a worthy exercise

NotHerDecision

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
Mine does not work properly. I have 3 main issues. 1. Sometimes heat blows out as well as ac so I assume a blend door. 2. The fan speed and auto control are just not consistent. 3. Ac blows out the defroster vents when face or face and feet mode is selected. This causes a foggy windshield, literally everyday.

Vote:
Upvote 0

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
Nope, anything over 20 C and it’s not cold at all. Beyond that I have so much water dripping on my feet and on the floor that the foam of the rubber floor mats is soaked.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
Once I stopped using Auto my HVAC system mostly works fine, the AC function is good but my issue is the heating function. On cold days it can take up to ten minutes for warm air to start flowing, and just before it starts I hear what sounds like water cascading behind the centre console. To me it seems like the thermostat is stuck, then when it finally opens I can hear the coolant flowing through the heating element.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Bayford

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine works perfectly on my Diesel Grenadier - I had a loan petrol Fieldmaster for about 6 weeks whilst the dealer sorted an issue with mine. The air-conditioning on that was completely non-functioning and the heater function worked on an apparently random basis - red hot one day, stone-cold the next and the temperature and fan speed knobs on the central console didn't seem to have any bearing to what came out of the vents. As it was a loaner I did nothing except report the issue when my Grenadier was returned.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Auto mode kinda sucks, manual mode seems to work fine. Pardon the highly technical terminology.
Mines a petrol model and air con works fine even in 40c+ heat of Southern Africa but we never use auto mode. On the flip side the heater seems to be working well too.

Vote:
Upvote 0

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect that the interior temperature sensor is not getting the air circulation required.
For example, I got in and drove the other day on a hot day, 30°C, the auto AC did not kick in for a good 5 minutes. When it did start, it blew cold air as expected.
Probably why manual control of HVAC works better than auto

Vote:
Upvote 0

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
My A/C and heat work fine. The auto function does seem to take a minute or two to sort itself out, but once settled works great.
+1 - It works in auto-mode after five minutes.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
My AC is junk. Blows cold most of the time but sometimes it will blow warm air in the front vent and extremely hot out the back vent. Auto does not work at all, blows super hard and only warm very humid air. Been to the dealer once to have them try and fix it and they could find no issue. That’s the problem with an intermittent issue, work fine the few times they drove it.
The HVAC system is totally trash.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
My AC blows cold and the heat blows hot, except when it doesn’t.

Heat- just don’t change the vent configuration or you’ll get a frosty ambient blast!

I’ve had the AC drop out - luke-warm air from front vents and fire-hot out the rear events. No procedure works to reset it. Eventually it will come back after a restart, but stopping/restarting when you need the AC does not consistently resolve the issue. Sometimes you just have to sweat and be patient.

Yes, the AC is not fit for purpose. Ineos Fail.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
My AC blows cold and the heat blows hot, except when it doesn’t.

Heat- just don’t change the vent configuration or you’ll get a frosty ambient blast!

I’ve had the AC drop out - luke-warm air from front vents and fire-hot out the rear events. No procedure works to reset it. Eventually it will come back after a restart, but stopping/restarting when you need the AC does not consistently resolve the issue. Sometimes you just have to sweat and be patient.

Yes, the AC is not fit for purpose. Ineos Fail.
I’m really surprised Ineos is silent on this issue. It’s a global problem with their vehicles. I personally know 4 other owners that have the same exact issue you have. All have been to the dealer including myself and the dealer has no idea what the issue is. I’ve sent emails to Ineos and so far it’s just been crickets.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
Ours works perfectly, but had a loud Cicada like noise we need to get checked out when go in for warranty. Maybe its a door that is doing something weird.

Vote:
Upvote 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In 14k miles and 5 months of ownership I've had probably a 6-10 times where it randomly (on start up) will blow warm/hot out the front and super hot out the rear vents instead of the 69-73°F I'm requesting. Turning it off for 5 minutes has fixed it every single time, so I can't say I'm overly concerned by it.

Vote:
Upvote 0

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In 14k miles and 5 months of ownership I've had probably a 6-10 times where it randomly (on start up) will blow warm/hot out the front and super hot out the rear vents instead of the 69-73°F I'm requesting. Turning it off for 5 minutes has fixed it every single time, so I can't say I'm overly concerned by it.
Yes, I know that and so do some others. Even though I have the workaround, it annoys me. Just as the issue of condensation and water ingress at the bulkhead rarely does. But we are working on the issues and will find a solution.

Vote:
Upvote 0

e_k_powell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:59 PM
Reaction score
Mine works fine for the most part. It blows hard and is super cold but I have found that not using the auto temp control is easier. Only annoyance is the small amount of cold air that blows from the windshield vents regardless of setting. In our humid Houston environment this causes the window condensation/fogging. Using manual control I can minimize the issue to a certain extent.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom