The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just Ordered the 1924

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
Hi All-

I just ordered the 1924 yesterday from Crown in St. Petersburg. Really hoping delivery is before the 6-8 month window quoted. Look forward to future communication. Have a great one. Thank you.
I'm curious as to why? I would have ordered it when invited if the differentiation from a standard build was greater, such as a 1924 specific color. Moreover, the factory winch doesn't appear to be an option with the 1924.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why? I would have ordered it when invited if the differentiation from a standard build was greater, such as a 1924 specific color. Moreover, the factory winch doesn't appear to be an option with the 1924.
I’d buy it for the name alone! Love that ‘1924’ tag

LOLIVER

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
Hi All-

I just ordered the 1924 yesterday from Crown in St. Petersburg. Really hoping delivery is before the 6-8 month window quoted. Look forward to future communication. Have a great one. Thank you.
Congratulations mate, exciting purchase!
I’ve also ordered one, they are quoting Jan 2025 delivery. The Aus price was compelling as building the 1924 options onto a field master was $10k AUD more expensive.
I agree taking the winch option off was odd, also removing the roo bar option.
Does anyone know if you can add a roo bar after delivery on the stock suspension / spring setup?

LOLIVER

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
"THE VEHICLES WILL BE SO UNIQUE AS TO BE RARELY SPOTTED IN THE WILD.”
Confirming they are an urban variant?

Looks like there’s more to the story…

ARCANE WORKS

Lads, are you sure the 1924 and the Arcane Works editions are the same / similar ??

Their launch dates are a month apart in different places. Genuinely curious as to whether there is crossover.

On the 1924 I had assumed there is a small efficiency gain on producing a very similar run of vehicles in a batch, that resulted in the roughly 6% better on road price.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
I think there’s definitely a connection - seems odd if IA had two different custom divisions.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Possibly the JLR version of Autobiography or a rival to the likes of Urban, Chelsea Truck, etc. when you look at the money available in old Defender customisation, it beggars belief.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Good point. I was under the impression that Arcane was going to be more of what a BRABUS offer is to Mercedes. Ie. Way more customised.
Excited to see what they come up with!
That was my impression. One is a special edition the other is a bespoke offering that will be crazy money.

LOLIVER

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Great intel mate! That level of custom makes more sense vs the 1924 edition.

As a new manufacturer, broadening the appeal and subsequent sales is good for all of us. That said, I did have a chuckle at the one option no one needs….leather floor mats!!! Perfect for driving to the shops in your loafers hahaha

Back
Top Bottom