The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

It's arrived, but...

Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
History -

Reservation: June 9th, 2022
Ordered: June 28th, 2023
Built: December 2023
Shipped: May 28th, 2024
Arrived Georgia: ~June 8th, 2024
Arrived Dallas: Sept 16th, 2024

I looked at it yesterday, and walked away. Didn't even test drive it. When I opened the door and saw the 12/23 build date I saw red. 🤬 I knew it had set for what seemed like an eternity, and no one could tell me why, but I was thinking it was a February build. December? Really?

The only thing I can really blame the dealer for is lack of communication during the ordeal. Every time I reached out to them it seemed like I knew more than they did. They never even called to see if I was interested in one on the lot. I wouldn't have been, but shouldn't that be a standard call? They lowballed my trade in, but did make me a below sticker offer on the one I ordered. The one that sat outside in France for 5 months. The one that baked in the Georgia sun for 3 months during the peak of summer.

If I'd had a non-refundable deposit on this thing I'd be livid, instead of just frustrated and disappointed. 18 months of excitement and anticipation, followed by 9 months of Lucy pulling away the football over, and over, and over again.

I'll stop venting or it's gonna really get ugly. I still love this project, and I would order the same thing again (minus the "premium" stereo), but I don't know if I'm willing to gamble on this particular one.

I don't think I'm over reacting, but I'm sure you'll let me know if I am! ;)

Finalist.jpg

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:49 PM
Reaction score
I agree the delays are unnecessary. However, was the vehicle well prepared and look to be brand new? Why not take it?

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I looked at it yesterday, and walked away. Didn't even test drive it. When I opened the door and saw the 12/23 build date I saw red. 🤬 I knew it had set for what seemed like an eternity, and no one could tell me why, but I was thinking it was a February build. December? Really?

A Feb 24 build would still be MY23.5 They didn't move until MY24 until March/April. So, a Dec 23 build would be the same as a Feb 24 build.

To be honest, I think you are on the basis that it was the same model year as you were expecting. If it was a different model year, then I could understand it.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A Feb 24 build would still be MY23.5 They didn't move until MY24 until March/April. So, a Dec 23 build would be the same as a Feb 24 build.

To be honest, I think you are on the basis that it was the same model year as you were expecting. If it was a different model year, then I could understand it.
Not true. In the US we only have 2024 models.

It's crazy that it took that long.
But... I am almost 10 months and 11k miles into ownership and I am VERY happy with mine.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
History -

Reservation: June 9th, 2022
Ordered: June 28th, 2023
Built: December 2023
Shipped: May 28th, 2024
Arrived Georgia: ~June 8th, 2024
Arrived Dallas: Sept 16th, 2024

The only thing I can really blame the dealer for is lack of communication during the ordeal. Every time I reached out to them it seemed like I knew more than they did. They never even called to see if I was interested in one on the lot. I wouldn't have been, but shouldn't that be a standard call? They lowballed my trade in, but did make me a below sticker offer on the one I ordered. The one that sat outside in France for 5 months. The one that baked in the Georgia sun for 3 months during the peak of summer.

If I'd had a non-refundable deposit on this thing I'd be livid, instead of just frustrated and disappointed. 18 months of excitement and anticipation, followed by 9 months of Lucy pulling away the football over, and over, and over again.

I'll stop venting or it's gonna really get ugly. I still love this project, and I would order the same thing again (minus the "premium" stereo), but I don't know if I'm willing to gamble on this particular one.

View attachment 7870665
Personally, I think - with due respect - that you are over reacting.
I agree the delivery time was very long and the communication of your dealer was awful.

When I visited the factory last year end of June, they told me that one out of x cars (I don't remember the "x") was taken aside at the end of the production line for a 100% check of everything.
Perhaps your car was one of those, and they discovered some issues to be solved. And this delayed your delivery.

But, even in that case, clear communication of Ineos would be nicer!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
Mine was delivered 4 months after build. Regardless of the huge timeframe from order to build and other dramas and order stuff ups, it was ready to hand over quickly when it finally was built.
So built a month before yours and I’ve been driving it since March.
If I was in your position I’d be pissed off to the max as well. I’m not saying I would walk away, but you’d hear me screaming from over here.

Local time
Reaction score
When I visited the factory last year end of June, they told me that one out of x cars (I don't remember the "x") was taken aside at the end of the production line for a 100% check of everything.
Perhaps your car was one of those, and they discovered some issues to be solved. And this delayed your delivery.

But, even in that case, clear communication of Ineos would be nicer!
This crossed my mind around April or so. I reached out and was told they didn't show any hold or quality control reason for the delay. That was via email through the web interface and I don't think they're really 'in the loop', so I don't know. The dealer also said they'd inquired and were given no reason. Again, for what that's worth.

Kujo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
You need to love the IG that you buy and to drive it away with a big ass grin on your face. This one is not for you. Buy another one. There are a lot of cars at Regal in Atlanta. I’m sure other dealers are also flush. Go pick one out and drive it home.

b58

Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
Do we have a thread where the technical differences between MY23, MY23.5, MY24 and so on are listed?

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Not true. In the US we only have 2024 models.
No you don't. Whilst they are called MY24 in the US, they are actually MY23.5. The factory didn't move to MY24 until March or April 24. Some of the US MY24s were built in late Spring/Early summer 2023.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I think it is more the "sitting around" that he is concerned with.
I received a new Mitsubishi some years ago that had been built months before and it needed the discs replaced due to rust (they wanted to machine them), No oil circulating in the engine, gearbox, diff for that long was also a concern.
It was only a company car so not so much of a concern for me.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No you don't. Whilst they are called MY24 in the US, they are actually MY23.5. The factory didn't move to MY24 until March or April 24. Some of the US MY24s were built in late Spring/Early summer 2023.
I love the way people use seasons rather than months.
I can understand it for the fashion or travel industries but not vehicles.
Not complaining just amused.
When you say late spring early summer I read November December

Back
Top Bottom