The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Is the alleged Special Edition Grenadier 1924 real? Yes

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
👍🏻 INEOS is about a year or so behind on the workshop manual promise to early orders. Toss us a bone.
Australian CEO addresses workshop manuals in latest video from Robert Pepper.

DeepH20

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
The QM is available here in the US. I have one on order with delievery in Q4
Right
Wow.
You describe the vehicular equivalents to the woman below followed up with "it would have to be tastefully done"

View attachment 7857021
oh cmon… be kind. I went out on a limb and responded to an impossible question that could not be answered without some criticism. And after a few pints on a cold winter night, even she could be considered tastefully done by most of you.

With the benefit of another day to think about it, I’ve warmed up more to the 1924. Would it ever replace my LWB SV Autobiography - no. Would I feel less like my family’s limo driver - yes. I would like to have one that’s not all kitted out to drive around town in. I’ll upload some new pictures of mine soon. It’s a complete field vehicle at this point.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
I just popped on the configurator and built the 1924 (not much available to change). I then built a fieldmaster to as close as the same spec.
The Fieldmaster came out at £85,554, and the 1924 came out at £79,140.

The 1924 has a very nice spec for that price.

Local time
Reaction score
I have had a sit in it and it’s not too bad would question the dark headlining and some of the green accents however the black saddle leather wheel is really nice and the black control lobbies too.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received an email this morning from Ineos advising I can now buy a 1924 edition if I wanted it
It gave me the option of selecting petrol or diesel
Magic mushroom or Inky black
A contrasting Inky black roof was standard on both, not sure how it was contrasting when Inky black was selected.
The only other add on that was possible was the smokers pack for $95 extra but who would want that??

1719436373662.jpg

Last edited:

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
got the invite today too. the configuration is almost exactly the same, other than color, utility belt, and the 1924 embellishments to my current Fieldmaster with one big exception... no winch option! Seems odd they wouldn't have that as something you can add.

prices out for me at about $86,000 US which is less than I paid for my current Grenny.

Frankly I thought there would be more unique aspects to this special edition.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
got the invite today too. the configuration is almost exactly the same, other than color, utility belt, and the 1924 embellishments to my current Fieldmaster with one big exception... no winch option! Seems odd they wouldn't have that as something you can add.

prices out for me at about $86,000 US which is less than I paid for my current Grenny.

Frankly I thought there would be more unique aspects to this special edition.
They are assuming this will be a "lifestyle" vehicle I think
Made for the school runs rather than anything serious.
Possibly towing the horse float to the polo.

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
Something that I did look for and it isn’t there, is the Belstaff logo stitched into the headrests. Not much of a mammoth task but will probably make people feel they are getting something unique for their money instead of a couple of stick on badges.

I have a badge which is even more unique on mine. It looks like a medallion and has 349 engraved into it.

Don’t want it to sound like a hate post, but from a fan, I am still very much “meh” about it.

Like @ECrider says, they need to bring their communication pathways up to 1924 standard first.
Fact! Hard to imagine how Ineos has survived other cutthroat industry’s with these types of communication man… it’s literally insane. How much does an app cost that can track a vehicle build and progress???

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just popped on the configurator and built the 1924 (not much available to change). I then built a fieldmaster to as close as the same spec.
The Fieldmaster came out at £85,554, and the 1924 came out at £79,140.

The 1924 has a very nice spec for that price.
I did the same thing, which does make it value for money if you want all those items as standard. Cheaper than your own specced vehicle.

Interestingly they added two standard items which are a must: Towbar and Side Steps.

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They are assuming this will be a "lifestyle" vehicle I think
Made for the school runs rather than anything serious.
Possibly towing the horse float to the polo.
true but still more capable than a lot of others.

I'm tempted to place my order and time-capsule it and keep driving my 2024.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
I did the same thing, which does make it value for money if you want all those items as standard. Cheaper than your own specced vehicle.

Interestingly they added two standard items which are a must: Towbar and Side Steps.
I read somewhere that MY25, the tow package will be standard across all Grenadiers. It probably easier from manufacturing to do one thing and roll the charge into the price increase.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
My brain read this as "to the pool."

People take their horses swimming!!??

Oh...
Polo 🤦‍♂️
What is the problem? I've also been swimming with the horses. They love being up to their bellies in cool water. And my legs are cooled too. A win-win situation.

Back
Top Bottom