The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Is it electric?

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
If you are confused as to whether the Grenadier is electric, you are probably driving an electric vehicle. If you are driving an electric vehicle ordering an Ineos you have lost your marbles.
Ergo, if you are driving an electric vehicle and actually wanted a Grenadier, then you really have lost your marbles :)

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
If you are confused as to whether the Grenadier is electric, you are probably driving an electric vehicle. If you are driving an electric vehicle ordering an Ineos you have lost your marbles.
Why?

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
An Electric vehicle is a car, not for off road use, truck use or anything other then daily commuting. An Electric cars purpose and design are so far off from a gas guzzling off road vehicle, it is hard to imagine many owning both. I could see someone owning a cross over street car and an electric vehicle, but not a Grenadier.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Why do people keep asking me that? Does it look electric? I've had now 7 people ask me about the Gren and 6 of them asked, "Is it electric?" Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

We could probably start an entire thread on things we've heard people say about it or call it.

I remember a similar thread for the Hummer. It floats was the funniest.

Also how much is it? Which was kind of rude but the reply was about $ 12.00 per pound.

My son overheard someone say it was a Gelandewagen and another said no it wasn't.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
We could probably start an entire thread on things we've heard people say about it or call it.

Also how much is it? Which was kind of rude but the reply was about $ 12.00 per pound.

My son overheard someone say it was a Gelandewagen and another said no it wasn't.
Chap in my local petrol station tried to tell me that it’s ’just a jeep wrangler with a different body’.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
An Electric vehicle is a car, not for off road use, truck use or anything other then daily commuting. An Electric cars purpose and design are so far off from a gas guzzling off road vehicle, it is hard to imagine many owning both. I could see someone owning a cross over street car and an electric vehicle, but not a Grenadier.
Have you heard of the Rivian? Just a sampler:
Rivian Offroad in CO

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Chap in my local petrol station tried to tell me that it’s ’just a jeep wrangler with a different body’.
A petrol station ⛽️ employee in North Scotland knew what a jeep wrangler is? ? Had he just moved up from the sticks?

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you heard of the Rivian? Just a sampler:
Rivian Offroad in CO

Not at all practical here are some reasons;

1. No true 4wd, but AWD gimics
2. No true locking diffs
3. All plastic, touch one rock and you might have 20K in damage
4. tires, not going to have any, 33s lol
5. Too heavy, constricts climbing ability. ( even happens on the PW)
6. Absolutely no way to keep from breaking stuff. The Rivian snaps like a twig off road. And the problem is, even if you wanted it to be good off road, with that weight and the current electric architectures its not possible to engineer the vehicle to survive. Also imagine dealing with that torque!!
7. O suspension travel
8. No ability to upgrade. Are you going to add a winch, steel bumpers, sliders, armor
9. Any dent to the battery shield is a total loss. You spend the entire day scraping over rocks!
10. How exactly do you charge those giant batteries overlanding?

I could add tons more, but that is a start.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A petrol station ⛽️ employee in North Scotland knew what a jeep wrangler is? ? Had he just moved up from the sticks?
I can only imagine any electric off-roader will not do well For most ”off-roady” treks. Unless of course you bring a large diesel generator with you. There are no charging stations anywhere off-road. Even a Tesla supercharger takes upwards of an hour to charge a battery close to 90%. I can only imagine how long it would take to get a 20% charge on a Rivian using solar panels…

Local time
Reaction score
Not at all practical here are some reasons;

1. No true 4wd, but AWD gimics
2. No true locking diffs
3. All plastic, touch one rock and you might have 20K in damage
4. tires, not going to have any, 33s lol
5. Too heavy, constricts climbing ability. ( even happens on the PW)
6. Absolutely no way to keep from breaking stuff. The Rivian snaps like a twig off road. And the problem is, even if you wanted it to be good off road, with that weight and the current electric architectures its not possible to engineer the vehicle to survive. Also imagine dealing with that torque!!
7. O suspension travel
8. No ability to upgrade. Are you going to add a winch, steel bumpers, sliders, armor
9. Any dent to the battery shield is a total loss. You spend the entire day scraping over rocks!
10. How exactly do you charge those giant batteries overlanding?

I could add tons more, but that is a start.
I'm waiting for the first Grenadier to show up at the dump - oh sorry Transfer Station. So far we have Rivians and one G-Wagon. One friend had the gall to tell me Grenadier looked like a Hummer. Cringe.

Local time
Reaction score

My 1962 VW bug would have floated if the floor hadn't rusted through...

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can only imagine any electric off-roader will not do well For most ”off-roady” treks. Unless of course you bring a large diesel generator with you. There are no charging stations anywhere off-road. Even a Tesla supercharger takes upwards of an hour to charge a battery close to 90%. I can only imagine how long it would take to get a 20% charge on a Rivian using solar panels…

Actually TFL has tried just about everything. Watch some of their videos, just getting an EV to charge from a generator is a challenge. I cannot remember what that got, maybe 9 miles to the gallon on a generator? 20% from portable solar panels? Maybe weeks. I live off-grid, and to charge day and night would take hundreds of thousands in panels and batteries. The amount it takes is astonishing. Or is it? Just look at how energy dense gas is. Every now and then someone will try plugging in at my neighbors Air BB in the night :LOL: Usually the invertor shuts down in time, but he has smoked some batteries.

The Ford Lightning to the Arctic was a miserable, however fantastic endeavor. But having truck loads of adaptors, and a Ford F150 hybrid along to charge sort of makes it impractical.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the first Grenadier to show up at the dump - oh sorry Transfer Station. So far we have Rivians and one G-Wagon. One friend had the gall to tell me Grenadier looked like a Hummer. Cringe.
Lol The H2, H3 and Hummer EV do not even look like Hummer (H1). Ok maybe a little bit but the Grenadier? Nope.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
1000008200.png

Back
Top Bottom