The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment Console software improvements – INEOS wish-list - add your own

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
MAP STAYS IN DAYTIME MODE EVEN WHEN HEADLIGHTS ARE ON DURING DAY

Currently (and this is pre the latest s/w update so maybe it's fixed) when driving during the day with headlights on, the map switches to night (dark) mode making it difficult to read.
Although there are some menu options around this topic there is nothing that allows selection of daytime mode for the map while headlights are on.

In Australia we are encouraged to drive with headlights on on the highway to improve overall visibility at distance, and to reduce risk during overtaking. So, I think this is important.
re. yr final para, even though I sometimes use headlights during the day, the DRLs are quite bright from a long distance even on sunny days...

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
I'd be happy if they increased the size of the reverse camera view on the infotainment screen.
This is now shipped for 2024 builds along with larger map display in Android Auto - not yet available 2023 builds.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
INFORMATIVE ALERTS
If there is a Power Socket Shutdown Alert on the Infotainment Unit, INEOS please have the Alert tell you which circuit it concerns, to stop this.

View attachment 7849990
It means that you have left the power on with the override button on the overhead. It is a warning to remember to turn it off as all accessory power is still on.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1. How about a option to actually shutdown the car and not have it left in standby? When camping I have to leave the doors open so that I am not waking up the computers and draining the battery with every time I open the door.
2. Remove the dependency between the diff locks - i.e. DO NOT stop me from engaging front lockers if the car has not yet sensed rear lockers?
3. Stop the stupid front/rear locker blinking after ignition off - mine came back on after 3 days at camp.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NO DPF BURNOFF IN OFFROAD MODE (DIESEL MODELS)
Can we find out whether a DPF burnoff is delayed if the car has OFFROAD or the WADING modes selected. I have asked my dealer.

INEOS please add this feature to reduce fire risks offroad, esp in spinfex areas. I am talking about delaying the burn until a safer time.

Plus it would be good to know when a DPF burn is underway, so the driver can avoid higher risk activities, like driving through dry grass!
AGREED. This is a major PAIN - every f'ing time the DPF turns on just as I am parking the car - usually at home so not wanting to wake up the neighborhood I take it for a 15min drive. How about give us a warning that a DPF is required with an option to delay for the next 100kms?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ENDLESS SERVICE WARNING
At 13,000km the car tells me a service is due in 2,000km, then again at 1500km and 1,250km, but at 1,000km the thing is on constantly. I am OK with being reminded at start up that a service is due, but roughly every 90 seconds it reminds me - and counts down the kilometres left to 15,000km.

On a 7 hour drive today, leaving the Outback, I was reminded about 470 times to get the car serviced – every single ^^&%% kilometer! Wally has not even reached 15,000km yet. The people who make these decisions must never drive the car and actually experience what they have done.

This level of hounding the driver is distracting and dangerous. Please change it INEOS, once on start up is more than enough. Allow me to see the info on the console, not the useless and endless service warning.

Otherwise the Outback trip and the car were both great.

If I miss the service will the car will activate an ejector seat? :)

Last edited:

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:01 AM
Reaction score
I would like to see a summary of the part 5-20 alerts. Some of them come and go quickly, it would be nice to see them in a list form. Especially if you have Poorly calibrated hood close sensor that comes in every so often. Would be nice to see the exact details vs trying to be fast at the display.

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ENDLESS SERVICE WARNING
At 13,000km the car tells me a service is due in 2,000km, then again at 1500km and 1,250km, but at 1,000km the thing is on constantly. I am OK with being reminded at start up that a service is due, but roughly every 90 seconds it reminds me - and counts down the kilometres left to 15,000km.

On a 7 hour drive today, leaving the Outback, I was reminded about 470 times to get the car serviced – every single ^^&%% kilometer! Wally has not even reached 15,000km yet. The people who make these decisions must never drive the car and actually experience what they have done.

This level of hounding the driver is distracting and dangerous. Please change it INEOS, once on start up is more than enough. Allow me to see the info on the console, not the useless and endless service warning.

Otherwise the Outback trip and the car were both great.

If I miss the service will the car will activate an ejector seat? :)
Jean Mercier put a way to turn it off. But you need to do it every time you start the car.
My car is at 13500, I get the alarms that service is due, and yes, it's annoying.
The process is, after you have started the car, and the warning is on the screen
Push the trip meter button on the end of the indicator stalk once, so the surround of the warning is highlighted.
When the warning is replaced by your odometer or whatever setting you have normally showing, press the trip button again.
When the warning comes up again, press the trip meter again. The warning should go away.
Every time you start the car, repeat. Unfortunately.
I'm servicing the car after the impending Cape trip, so I can't wait to get rid of it as well.

Hopefully the next update will give us the bigger reversing screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom