The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos UK Pricing Article

I had an interesting chat with a senior member of Ineos Australia last night .
Amongst other things the UK Article regarding higher pricing and more up market/specialty versions came up.

It was stressed that this related primarily to the UK.....copy paste from the chat below. (I received the ok to share it with you)

This is a UK publication & predominantly refers to other market activities.
There definitely is scope for special models, new models & for those familiar with quality of the vehicle’s engineering & equipment, these can attract higher values.

• Closer to home, let’s talk AUS.
  • The MY25 pricing of the IG range passes on the recently obtained TCO (Tariff Concession Order).
  • This resulted in a -$5k reduction in the MY25 price.
  • Most AUS deliveries are MY23, MY23.5 & less so MY24.
  • MY24 buyers are the only ones that face adverse value adjustment due to the TCO, yet concessions were offered on those purchases.
  • The upshot is, MY25 came down & any remaining MY24 stock has a GST off campaign until the end of Sept.
  • INEOS Australia has consistently worked to optimise pricing & through both the LCT exemption & now TCO, passed on the benefit.

The first offering from Arcane Works (which this article touches on) the Detour is not released for Aus. Due to its bespoke styling, additional features & limited run, it will be offered at a price commensurate with its substance & style.

It is very clear that Ineos Australia at least has a clear understanding that they are in the market of the "user" of 4WDS, not the "mall crawler" customer type.
Here they are also targeting the Emergency Services, Police, Military and Mining customers as well.

It is good to get this kind of direct feedback

Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
That's a fascinating insight from your conversation with the Ineos Australia team! It’s reassuring to hear that they are keeping a clear focus on practical, hard-working 4WD users rather than appealing to the more image-driven "mall crawler" market. The fact that they’re actively adjusting pricing strategies, such as through the TCO and GST campaigns, shows that they’re genuinely committed to making the vehicles accessible to their core audience.
The emphasis on targeting sectors like emergency services, police, military, and mining also suggests they’re reinforcing the Grenadier’s rugged reputation. It's notable how they're differentiating the Australian market from others, particularly the UK, where more luxury or special models might be a priority.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
They still have to redesign the RHD version cabin (comfort) design to get more people in Australia buying. Hopefully they stick to the 4X4 market and not the weekend soccer drop off car / real estate agent model.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
They still have to redesign the RHD version cabin (comfort) design to get more people in Australia buying. Hopefully they stick to the 4X4 market and not the weekend soccer drop off car / real estate agent model.
They are not going to redesign the RHD anytime soon as the problem only impacts a very small number of buyers.
They would need to relocate the engine or exhaust or sit the body further back on the frame.

Local time
Reaction score
The vehicle is very expensive in the U.K. The cheapest Station Wagon is over UK£75,000

The similar Defender 110 SW is UK£60,500

There's a cheaper more basic "Utility" version with no rear windows, but it's still £5,000 more expensive than the Defender.

IMG_3608.pngIMG_3609.jpegIMG_3610.jpeg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The vehicle is very expensive in the U.K. The cheapest Station Wagon is over UK£75,000

There's a cheaper more basic "Utility" version with no rear windows, but it's still £5,000 more expensive than the Defender.

View attachment 7870283View attachment 7870284View attachment 7870288
I think if you are comparing the Grenadier to a Defender then you should probably go with the Defender regardless of price.
They are completely different vehicles for different uses.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7870283View attachment 7870284View attachment 7870288
There are many 4x4 vehicles on the UK market.
The Dacia Duster is £20k, great value for money.
The G Wagen starts at £134k and will impress your neighbours.
A straight comparison between two vehicles purely on price is not particularly useful.

Local time
Reaction score
I think if you are comparing the Grenadier to a Defender then you should probably go with the Defender regardless of price.
They are completely different vehicles for different uses.
I guess you are right, although both vehicles will work on and off road well enough.

l would say, the Jeep Wrangler is more of a competitor to the Grenadier. And possibly the G-Wagon.
Compared to the G-Wagon the Grenadier is a bargain.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I guess you are right, although both vehicles will work on and off road well enough.

l would say, the Jeep Wrangler is more of a competitor to the Grenadier. And possibly the G-Wagon.
Compared to the G-Wagon the Grenadier is a bargain.
The Jeep Wrangler is not very well built and not as good onroad.
Hugely popular in the US but they have huge support, modifications and a completely different use for it.
When I was deciding I wrote two lists.
Ist list was all the things I needed from a vehicle
2nd was all the things I wanted from a vehicle

Then I listed all the vehicles that met all or most of my needs and identified which one also met most of my wants.

So once my needs were met then I could get creative and have fun.
There were so many vehicles that met my needs.
Very few that also met my wants.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They are not going to redesign the RHD anytime soon as the problem only impacts a very small number of buyers.
They would need to relocate the engine or exhaust or sit the body further back on the frame.
Small, I am not so sure as it has affected several on this forum alone (owners) and numerous testing agents. I know of at least 5 people personally, who hated after test driving, and two that personally didn't go through with their purchase because after test drive, they couldn't understand how it got that out of kilter. I still drive 600-900km a week for the last 6 months, and nearly none of that in the Gren anymore - it is a shocking footwell design outcome, and it certainly DOES affect people entering the cabin for the first time, more so than anyone entering a LHD version (oh wait). If people I know (friends) are driving my Gren are telling me it is a cramped design, it is pretty much that - a bad design with bad outcomes that is affecting sales (not all but without a doubt a verifiable fact it is affecting sales). That said, it will continue affect sales - going into the future.

No level of marketing will fix it. I have reneged on any aftermarket mods as I will never use the vehicle as a 30,000km+ round trip tourer, which was my intent on purchase of this tough truck - and that is my view on this vehicle long term. It does the job for wife and family, it is FUN to drive with good performance and handling to be fair, but it is less comfortable than my old 2005 Single Cab TRITON leaf sprung Ute which had hopeless seats...

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
35% of the world drive on the left (RHD)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Trobex
I do not question your experience. You can only write as you find. Thankfully for me and many others, the footrest has not caused any problems. (Max miles in one day, 750). It really must be ‘horses for courses’. I guess. I need to drive a left hand version to really know if I am missing anything.

Back
Top Bottom