The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I couldn’t be kept away for long.

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

What seems like a lifetime of not looking here or other platforms due to that bloody ridiculous cancer that came knocking last November, subsequent surgery and the 6 months of chemotherapy I feel that I can start planning a few trips, I’ve just returned from South Africa which was meant to be a recuperation trip but I got pneumonia on day 2 so that all went rather tits up so I’m looking at doing the Scottish North coast 500 leaving in a couple of weeks all being well, depending on results of yet another procedure this week so fingers crossed, once I do Scotland with just me and the dogs I am finally going to have my vehicle shipped to CapeTown in Dec (hopefully) to then drive through the middle up to Hoedspruit where I will see friend, go to their lodge for safari and also have a few things added to the vehicle as so much cheaper to do there than here, so please let me know what you would recommend I have fitted…I saw Logsplitters Gren when he came back from SA etc and it looked fantastic! The whole front dash covered with pockets for storage, maps etc, I won’t have the massive dog crate with me so lots of room, obviously I’ll have my rooftent, I need to have spotlights fitted but still confused as to who I get to change the pins as when I shoe people they look at me blankly.
I’ll need to carry extra fuel but limited carrying anything other than the tent on the roof.
Any advice on what you’d like if you were a single woman travelling on her own.
I understand from David there maybe a couple of places re boarder crossings that I have my have to keep the locks down😬…I have travelled all through South Africa and never had one issue before, however, I’m not an idiot so won’t be skipping around the likes of Johannesburg shining a torch on my Rolex 🤣
I’m hoping to leave here depending on how long my Grenadier takes at the beginning of January, looking at being in Hoedspruit for about 3 weeks and then the aim in ending up in Namibia via a bit of Botswana…I’ll be meeting a friend in Namibia to drive the Skeleton Coast and then we’ll drive back to CapeTown where the vehicle will set sail and we’ll fly back.
Any advice would be super.
The thing with getting cancer is that I certainly had a “I can do what I like” attitude before but now I’m just not prepared to sit and worry about things not in my control, if it returns then at least I can say I’ve done the one trip I’ve always wanted to do.
In a very strange way when I’m driving my brilliant vehicle I almost feel invisible, nothing or more importantly “no one” can hurt me. Well, apart from that dodgy Policeman who gave me a £50 fine for my tinted windows….but he was a Portsmouth supporter so what other outcome was there as he smugly returned to his unmarked car sure in the knowledge that he’d just fined a Southampton supporter 🤣

Annee (Grenadier_Girl) instagram

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 9

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,

What seems like a lifetime of not looking here or other platforms due to that bloody ridiculous cancer that came knocking last November, subsequent surgery and the 6 months of chemotherapy I feel that I can start planning a few trips, I’ve just returned from South Africa which was meant to be a recuperation trip but I got pneumonia on day 2 so that all went rather tits up so I’m looking at doing the Scottish North coast 500 leaving in a couple of weeks all being well, depending on results of yet another procedure this week so fingers crossed, once I do Scotland with just me and the dogs I am finally going to have my vehicle shipped to CapeTown in Dec (hopefully) to then drive through the middle up to Hoedspruit where I will see friend, go to their lodge for safari and also have a few things added to the vehicle as so much cheaper to do there than here, so please let me know what you would recommend I have fitted…I saw Logsplitters Gren when he came back from SA etc and it looked fantastic! The whole front dash covered with pockets for storage, maps etc, I won’t have the massive dog crate with me so lots of room, obviously I’ll have my rooftent, I need to have spotlights fitted but still confused as to who I get to change the pins as when I shoe people they look at me blankly.
I’ll need to carry extra fuel but limited carrying anything other than the tent on the roof.
I understand from David there maybe a couple of places re boarder crossings that I have my have to keep the locks down😬…I have travelled all through South Africa and never had one issue before, however, I’m not an idiot so won’t be skipping around the likes of Johannesburg shining a torch on my Rolex 🤣
I’m hoping to leave here depending on how long my Grenadier takes at the beginning of January, looking at being in Hoedspruit for about 3 weeks and then the aim in ending up in Namibia via a bit of Botswana…I’ll be meeting a friend in Namibia to drive the Skeleton Coast and then we’ll drive back to CapeTown where the vehicle will set sail and we’ll fly back.
The thing with getting cancer is that I certainly had a “I can do what I like” attitude before but now I’m just not prepared to sit and worry about things not in my control, if it returns then at least I can say I’ve done the one trip I’ve always wanted to do.
In a very strange way when I’m driving my brilliant vehicle I almost feel invisible, nothing or more importantly “no one” can hurt me. Well, apart from that dodgy Policeman who gave me a £50 fine for my tinted windows….but he was a Portsmouth supporter so what other outcome was there as he smugly returned to his unmarked car sure in the knowledge that he’d just fined a Southampton supporter 🤣

Good luck Annie. Let me know if you need help or advice with your adventure. I’ll be pleased to be of help. Enjoy the journey. 👍🏼

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good luck Annie. Let me know if you need help or advice with your adventure. I’ll be pleased to be of help. Enjoy the journey. 👍🏼
Thanks so much! I’m sure I’ll need lots of advice. I have contacted Duncan a couple of times but no reply yet…maybe as a weekend.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Great to see you back Annee!
re. the Portsmouth supporter ...unless he has a calibrated device for measuring the degree of tint, then his "eyeball" assessment of the % light transmission through the tint and whether it meets the Regulations or not, is dodgy to say the least...do you have the paperwork re. the degree of tint and have you checked its compliance?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
You demonstrate great courage and a great attitude. God bless you and heal you. And you have a great looking Gren btw! Wish you the best on your trip!

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great to see you back Annee!
re. the Portsmouth supporter ...unless he has a calibrated device for measuring the degree of tint, then his "eyeball" assessment of the % light transmission through the tint and whether it meets the Regulations or not, is dodgy to say the least...do you have the paperwork re. the degree of tint and have you checked its compliance?
Hi Denis,
Well he actually pulled me over for no insurance which I did have but I have a private plate so it hadn’t been registered with the licensing agency, their fault and not mine. The tint is illegal on the front windows, not totally blacked out like the rear ones but illegal none the less, he removed them and I had them put back on 2 days later…it’s the inner rebel child, I couldn’t help it 🤣

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You demonstrate great courage and a great attitude. God bless you and heal you. And you have a great looking Gren btw! Wish you the best on your trip!
Thank you so much !
I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom