The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How and where do you store an ax and a saw in your Grenadier?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good idea how and where to store an ax and a saw in the Grenadier? Groove only once, but on long trips and in a permanent place.

Some have them attached to the tailgate, but how? And what are the alternatives? It would be good to be able to add more stuff, so maybe there is an extendable system for such things?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good idea how and where to store an ax and a saw in the Grenadier? Groove only once, but on long trips and in a permanent place.

Some have them attached to the tailgate, but how? And what are the alternatives? It would be good to be able to add more stuff, so maybe there is an extendable system for such things?
In a draw with the recovery gear.
I have seen them clamped around the rear cab, but about them coming loose and travelling around the vehicle interior in an accident or emergency brake.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My fiskar axe lives between the second roll sests and cargo barrier. May do something similar with the IG although it only has a half barrier so will also need to have drawers.

Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
We could start a new thread linked to this discussing where to hide the bodies given the ability of the Grenadier off road.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We could start a new thread linked to this discussing where to hide the bodies given the ability of the Grenadier off road.
If you have to ask....
😁

Christoph

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have a small axe below the driver seat, together with a foldable showel.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score

Military Land Rovers got the pioneer tool mounting just about perfect:
Pioneer tool set on tailgate.jpg
But an axe wasn't a usual item in the CES (Complete Equipment Schedule).

Don't know whether this was an official setup, but I wouldn't want all that and me separated by just a piece of glass:
626.jpg

This looks an interesting framework that could be mounted wherever space allows:
tool4.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That bonnet set up - ffs!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's an impressive setup and looks really good.

But I am thinking about an interior solution.

Although I like the look above, I would prefer to keep it unobtrusive. Maybe the under seat idea is ok. I will then wrap the tools in some fabric.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
My axe is btw a Fiskars X11, nothing big.

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
I’ve got a small axe in a box on the roof, and a shovel FCEC7621-8AD7-4D40-8CB1-6C34EF913727.jpegmounted to the side of my roof rack. Larger axe will also be side mounted. Machete under driver seat.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bump...

I know some big wigs here have ordered the IA shovel, but for us common folk, has anyone come up with something different?

Local time
Reaction score

Hey emax,

I use Quick Fist clamps for my shovel (see photo), and you can use these for other similar things - like an axe. They are made from good quality rubber, and they stay flexible (i.e. usable) in hot and cold weather. I'll provide a link to them on Amazon (below the photo).

truck_bed.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Axe and saw straps sorted. Now what's the best way to secure a cuple of bags of lime?

Back
Top Bottom