The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi from Tullamore / Ireland

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Timothy and I am currently located in Tullamore Ireland :)
Yes the home town of the the Tullamore DEW whiskey ;)

Currently I am driving a Skoda Enyaq Iv 60 full electric lease car from work.
I do have to say it drives very smooth and accelerates very quick but the batt range is not great.
My daily drive is about 160km total so I am charging overnight.

Currently I am looking to buy Grenadier Trailmaster in about a year time when we are relocating to Sweden.
Not sure if petrol or diesel will be my choice, currently leaning to diesel because of the range.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,

I do have to say it drives very smooth and accelerates very quick but the batt range is not great.

Currently I am looking to buy Grenadier Trailmaster in about a year time when we are relocating to Sweden.
Not sure if petrol or diesel will be my choice, currently leaning to diesel because of the range.
Hi @Blackbox88 Welcome here to the forum. Ireland is also on my plan. Especially because of Kerrygold. ;)The best way is to drive a Grenadier. Both diesel and gasoline are still real engines. In my opinion, the diesel engine is the better choice for the Grenadier.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Blackbox88 Welcome here to the forum. Ireland is also on my plan. Especially because of Kerrygold. ;)The best way is to drive a Grenadier. Both diesel and gasoline are still real engines. In my opinion, the diesel engine is the better choice for the Grenadier.
Hi Rovie, thank you for the welcome! :)
Well if you coming for the Kerrygold and you beat the leprecun you should take the Grenadier on the Wild Atlantic Way --> https://www.thewildatlanticway.com/
There are some nice greenland roads which is saw on a video :) haven't experienced it my self yet very hesitant in taking a Skoda Enyaq off road haha

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi @Blackbox88 Welcome aboard! I saw your dog post - awesome looking doggo!

Seems like you travel/relocate a bit, I’m guessing for work. We have a great thread and I’m sure many would like to know your story some. Please check this out:
WHAT DO YOU DO

Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Blackbox88 Welcome aboard! I saw your dog post - awesome looking doggo!

Seems like you travel/relocate a bit, I’m guessing for work. We have a great thread and I’m sure many would like to know your story some. Please check this out:
WHAT DO YOU DO
Yeah love him we also had to foster samoyed in the US they are amazing dogs and love adventures :)

Cool yeah let met write a post there I have done a good bit of traveling for my company :)

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hi, and Fáilte to the forum.
Been in Tullamore a couple of times when I lived in Athlone (Ard Rí / Anchors Bower) But Tullamore Dew I think is now distilled somewhere in Cork.. and not in Offaly.

If you move to Sweden and to keep it there - you should perhaps look for a LHD and what is required to have the car registered there. Also there are some precautions to be managed, eg. engine heaters .. whilst in Ireland middle and south something like Snow is quite rare and so winter equipment is not required - its the opposite in Sweden even with a full 4WD
Even if Diesel ist an economic option - in Sweden and cold temperatures it might require some preparation.

Grenadier is definitely a good choice for both Ireland and Sweden - but you should be quite sure what you will purchase - otherwise you might need to sell and reinvest.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi, and Fáilte to the forum.
Been in Tullamore a couple of times when I lived in Athlone (Ard Rí / Anchors Bower) But Tullamore Dew I think is now distilled somewhere in Cork.. and not in Offaly.

If you move to Sweden and to keep it there - you should perhaps look for a LHD and what is required to have the car registered there. Also there are some precautions to be managed, eg. engine heaters .. whilst in Ireland middle and south something like Snow is quite rare and so winter equipment is not required - its the opposite in Sweden even with a full 4WD
Even if Diesel ist an economic option - in Sweden and cold temperatures it might require some preparation.

Grenadier is definitely a good choice for both Ireland and Sweden - but you should be quite sure what you will purchase - otherwise you might need to sell and reinvest.
Hi there :)

Athlone is a nice place we mostly go there for two restaurants --> Kin Khoa (Thai) and Il Colosseo (Italian).
They just opened a new pedestrian bridge in Athlone so now there is a 160km bike path all the way to Maynooth.
Actually no Tullamore Dew is still distilled in Tullamore, they did move from city center to a massive distillery just outside town.
The old distillery warehouse is just finished conversion to a fancy restaurant apparently.

Good tips but there for I will wait with ordering the Grenadier until we have moved to Sweden probably within 1 to 2 years, hopefully the price is also a bit lower in Sweden vs Ireland as i just saw the list from orange works and the trailmaster starts at 124k euro.

Currently I drive a Skoda Enyaq lease car from work so I have my wheel for now.

I wished I already had the Grenadier when I lived in Oregon in the USA they have so much nice nature and wild off road trails and nature!

I actually have never really looked in to off-road, forestry in Germany even though I am from origin Dutch so I have driven over the border many time.
How are the rules, is there any off roading/greenlanding allowed available?

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
Welcome!

I was just in Dublin & Cork a couple of weeks ago, where my sister lives.
Did the usual tourist things again, as there is always something to see in Ireland.

I believe there is no Grenadier showroom in Ireland too (unless I missed it).

Local time
Reaction score
Welcome!

I was just in Dublin & Cork a couple of weeks ago, where my sister lives.
Did the usual tourist things again, as there is always something to see in Ireland.

I believe there is no Grenadier showroom in Ireland too (unless I missed it).
Correct, there is no showroom as far as I understood but you can make a appointment at Orangeworks for a test drive.
Cork is a very nice city, if you ever have a bit more time I would highly recommend venturing to west cork like skibberdeen area and go to see mizen head :)
I like West Cork more then Kerry as it is a lot less busy.

In Dublin did you ever visit the old prison --> Kilmainham Gaol ? I have not yet but heard it is very cool to see.
Another nice thing above Dublin is Howth some of the best fish and chips as the fishing boat are about 10 meters from the shop ;)

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
Correct, there is no showroom as far as I understood but you can make a appointment at Orangeworks for a test drive.
Cork is a very nice city, if you ever have a bit more time I would highly recommend venturing to west cork like skibberdeen area and go to see mizen head :)
I like West Cork more then Kerry as it is a lot less busy.

In Dublin did you ever visit the old prison --> Kilmainham Gaol ? I have not yet but heard it is very cool to see.
Another nice thing above Dublin is Howth some of the best fish and chips as the fishing boat are about 10 meters from the shop ;)

Cork has changed since my first visit in 2005.
My favorite is Killarney and the towns/villages in the West.
Mizen Head would be on my list once we go back and do the Wild Atlantic Way.

I didn't visit the old prison, but I did the Spike Island prison tour.
Did the Ring of Kerry too.

Local time
Reaction score
Cork has changed since my first visit in 2005.
My favorite is Killarney and the towns/villages in the West.
Mizen Head would be on my list once we go back and do the Wild Atlantic Way.

I didn't visit the old prison, but I did the Spike Island prison tour.
Did the Ring of Kerry too.
I can imagine I am only been living in Ireland for a bit less then 2 years.
Killarney is very nice, love the coziness

Imagine doing the Wild Atlantic Way in a Grenadier :) unfortunately i don't see rental places getting the Grenadier anytime soon.

I am looking forward when I have my Grenadier and living in Sweden to do the Atlantic Ocean Road in Norway

Need to put the Spike Island prison tour on my list.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there :)

Athlone is a nice place we mostly go there for two restaurants --> Kin Khoa (Thai) and Il Colosseo (Italian).
They just opened a new pedestrian bridge in Athlone so now there is a 160km bike path all the way to Maynooth.
Actually no Tullamore Dew is still distilled in Tullamore, they did move from city center to a massive distillery just outside town.
The old distillery warehouse is just finished conversion to a fancy restaurant apparently.

Good tips but there for I will wait with ordering the Grenadier until we have moved to Sweden probably within 1 to 2 years, hopefully the price is also a bit lower in Sweden vs Ireland as i just saw the list from orange works and the trailmaster starts at 124k euro.

Currently I drive a Skoda Enyaq lease car from work so I have my wheel for now.

I wished I already had the Grenadier when I lived in Oregon in the USA they have so much nice nature and wild off road trails and nature!

I actually have never really looked in to off-road, forestry in Germany even though I am from origin Dutch so I have driven over the border many time.
How are the rules, is there any off roading/greenlanding allowed available?
The Kin still exists .. yes thats a very decent restaurant on the West Side.. we used to have dinner there frequently and the head down to Seans. I lived there 20 years ago and in between only for an occasional business meeting or here and there visiting some friends or because of vacation.

In Germany there is no such thing as Green Laning. There are a few off-road parks - private owned. - Public Offroading ist strictly illegal. The only somewhat permission to drive offroad in the public is a hunting license and an area where you are permitted to hunt and even there you are only allowed to go if its required and if you do any damage you may become liable. In the Nordics you are perhaps more in requirement as many roads in Sweden are only gravel and no tarmac.
Up there engine preheating and perhaps aux heater will be required. So certainly not what you re used to in Ireland. But I think Sweden has pretty good network and digital infrastructure but running in to a moose is a rather rare at least in towns.
I do not know if a moose bar is an option for Grenadier like the roo bar in Australia. I was only for some project work in the Gothenburg / Göteborg (in SE ) area and that is rather well populated compared to other regions.
No matter I like both places that where you are currently living - and your perhaps future destination. - Be careful with Surströmming dish.. ;) :ROFLMAO: when you get there.

Local time
Reaction score
The Kin still exists .. yes thats a very decent restaurant on the West Side.. we used to have dinner there frequently and the head down to Seans. I lived there 20 years ago and in between only for an occasional business meeting or here and there visiting some friends or because of vacation.

In Germany there is no such thing as Green Laning. There are a few off-road parks - private owned. - Public Offroading ist strictly illegal. The only somewhat permission to drive offroad in the public is a hunting license and an area where you are permitted to hunt and even there you are only allowed to go if its required and if you do any damage you may become liable. In the Nordics you are perhaps more in requirement as many roads in Sweden are only gravel and no tarmac.
Up there engine preheating and perhaps aux heater will be required. So certainly not what you re used to in Ireland. But I think Sweden has pretty good network and digital infrastructure but running in to a moose is a rather rare at least in towns.
I do not know if a moose bar is an option for Grenadier like the roo bar in Australia. I was only for some project work in the Gothenburg / Göteborg (in SE ) area and that is rather well populated compared to other regions.
No matter I like both places that where you are currently living - and your perhaps future destination. - Be careful with Surströmming dish.. ;) :ROFLMAO: when you get there.
Oke I had to google Surströmming and yeah no won't like that one haha

Yeah actually Gotenburg just got his own Grenadier showeroom I saw so looking forward to it as we are planning to live around that area and venture up north for our trips :)

Oke if you want to put your grenadier to the test just cross the border in to Belgium hahaha their normal roads are like offroad roads haha

I was reading up on bull/moose/roo bars in sweden and they don't like them unless you put a pair of lights on the then they are happy with it as it is then called a light holder ;)
Now not sure if this is fully true but if there are any sweeds on this forum they might be able to explain more.

I did saw a review on the grenadier in Australia and they had a big wrap around bumper and looked pretty nice! -

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oke I had to google Surströmming and yeah no won't like that one haha

Yeah actually Gotenburg just got his own Grenadier showeroom I saw so looking forward to it as we are planning to live around that area and venture up north for our trips :)

Oke if you want to put your grenadier to the test just cross the border in to Belgium hahaha their normal roads are like offroad roads haha

I was reading up on bull/moose/roo bars in sweden and they don't like them unless you put a pair of lights on the then they are happy with it as it is then called a light holder ;)
Now not sure if this is fully true but if there are any sweeds on this forum they might be able to explain more.

I did saw a review on the grenadier in Australia and they had a big wrap around bumper and looked pretty nice! -
Hm, - Belgium used to have fine roads and motorway entirely illuminated. At least when I had to travel there. @Jean Mercier never complained about their roads. The general conditions on all roads in EU have quite degraded. The sign "Your tax money sensibly invested for you" on public roads - you wont find rarely in Europe.
Improvements in better roads are scarce now. So if there is anything degrade roads to bicycle lanes instead. But I am not aware bicycle users - being drafted to road tolls or other contribution to infrastructure investments.

Local time
Reaction score
Hm, - Belgium used to have fine roads and motorway entirely illuminated. At least when I had to travel there. @Jean Mercier never complained about their roads. The general conditions on all roads in EU have quite degraded. The sign "Your tax money sensibly invested for you" on public roads - you wont find rarely in Europe.
Improvements in better roads are scarce now. So if there is anything degrade roads to bicycle lanes instead. But I am not aware bicycle users - being drafted to road tolls or other contribution to infrastructure investments.
Haha well as a Dutchmen it is one of the things we love to bollocks about towards the Belgium's ;) @Jean Mercier no offense ;)
Same as the Germans calling The Netherlands there offsite parking ;)

I think one of the few countries with very nice roads is The Netherlands (Oke yes as a Dutchie I am pretty biased but also have around the WW experience ;) ) it is also not too weird seeing the very small size of the country and the huge amount of people paying increasingly higher and crazier road tax.

@klarie is the Grenadier allowed in the Umwelt zones in Germany?
That might be another worry as more and more European cities are following this principle.

For Germany the one thing which is sad is that the unlimited speed Autobahn is shrinking and more and more pieces are in road works and at every exit and entrance the speed is reduced. (Yes we as the Dutch with out bloody caravans make a bollocksing of driving on the autobahn, that one I can't denied)

Still remember driving 220 on cruise control at night on the autobahn in a VW Touareq towards Swiss for a roundtrip man that was smooth.
Oke you do have to pay attention when overtaking because you can easily have a M4, RS6, Lambo you name it come by at 300+.
I used to love speed and corners when I was driving my Triumph Daytona T595 or sport Honda Civic but after a bit speed get boring and the risks are massive so became wise and traded the T595 it in for a Triumph Tiger XC800 and the Civic in for a XC90.

Hopefully the next step would be going to a Grenadier and use it where it was built for like many on this forum which is good to see :)

Last edited:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The problem we all have is called divide and concquer The way the big d.. to keep us busy pointing at each other, Netherlands keep teasing Belgians and Germans and vice versa. Bicycle vs car driver ICE drivers vs EV, gender, climate vaxxing, wind energy vs nuke power plants. Football / Soccer etc..
only to keep our attention away from
real topics that count.
the big d.. play a lot of games. One main reason for owning a Grenadier.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
:ROFLMAO:Haha well as a Dutchmen it is one of the things we love to bollocks about towards the Belgium's ;) @Jean Mercier no offense ;)
No offense indeed, Flemish and Dutch people are different but in fact we like each other, well at least half of me ;) , my father was a Walloon.

I have a lot of nice anecdotes of me and Dutch people, but one of the first was this:

1980, me hitch hiking in Norway 🇳🇴 and in a camping reading a book. (please notice the year).

Dutchman (DM): what are you reading?
Me: A book to build my own computer.
DM : :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: crazy Belgians
wife of DM: Come on, stop teasing the Belgian
(He was doing this since I entered the camping, but no offense)
Me: the book is a Dutch book
Wife of DM: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
No offense indeed, Flemish and Dutch people are different but in fact we like each other, well at least half of me ;) , my father was a Walloon.

I have a lot of nice anecdotes of me and Dutch people, but one of the first was this:

1980, me hitch hiking in Norway 🇳🇴 and in a camping reading a book. (please notice the year).

I see Max Verstappen has decided there is more money to be made being Dutch than Belgian.
Even though he was born in Belgium to a Belgian mother, his father comes from Montfort, in the little section of Netherlands squashed between Belgium and Germany
All just lines on a map that have changed many many times over the last thousand years

1691875551001.png

Local time
Reaction score
I see Max Verstappen has decided there is more money to be made being Dutch than Belgian.
Even though he was born in Belgium to a Belgian mother, his father comes from Montfort, in the little section of Netherlands squashed between Belgium and Germany
All just lines on a map that have changed many many times over the last thousand years

View attachment 7823236
Haha yeah I have a lot of coworkers who live in Belgium but work in NL ;) salary/tax wise is a great combo.

Local time
Reaction score

Haha yeah the Dutch, Belgium and Germany are like 3 brothers they will try to take the piss at each other when ever they can but they are also best buddies!
Germany is definitely the older brother no humor boring but hardworking making money.
Not sure who is the middle or the youngest child between Dutch an Belgium.

I spend most of my child hood having holidays with my parents in the Belgium Ardennes :) a lot of nice nature and hiking!

1980 that is a good bit ago ;) I was -8 years old haha
Haha you comeback about the Dutch book was solid! haha
I know for sure his wife will often remember the DM this story when he pokes his nose in her business ;)

Back
Top Bottom