The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Scotland

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
I used to have a sunroof In my last car , only ever forced my self to use it a handful of times
I use mine in winter and up until the weather hits 30+ degrees, then it is too hot and sunny when going slow or sitting in traffic.
I find the vehicle looks much better inside and out with the safari windows than without.

1686086836941.png1686086894187.png
1686087023454.png1686087111670.png

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Debating on the safari roofs , seen a few posts on Facebook of them leaking. That is putting me off ordering them for the cost they are

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am not aware of a single person so far who has leaky Safari window.
Except the person who didn't close it properly
Nah there was one on FB (and posted here I think) @DaveB where it looks like the seal has been poorly assembled (seems to be a thing with IA). But I think to label the IG a serial leaker is a bit of hyperbole.
And to IA's credit, I think the issues with the doors are more to do with the fact they took the water tight theme to the extreme and water just can't get past the external seal. They'll come up with a design solution for that without too much problem I would have thought.

Dermot

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Debating on the safari roofs , seen a few posts on Facebook of them leaking. That is putting me off ordering them for the cost they are
Hi Scottyboy, I have safari windows and have had no problems with them leaking and we have had some wonderful downpours in the last two weeks. I wouldn’t pay the extra to have them thou. I bought a pre registered Fieldmaster and they were included. My opinion would be to spend money on other extras. D

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
My opinion, the ladder is a good buy whether you have a roof rack or not. Using it to grip and close the quarter panel door. Also, very useful for cleaning the Grenadier because it so tall as I found out today.

Raised intake is useful only if you intend wading deep water frequently or use in very sandy environments.
why do people still think that the raised air intake has something to do with the wading deep

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most of the stuff comes as standard with the trial and fieldmasters it was too much hassle to spec everything from base model so mine has it more because im lazy rather than something thats an essential element but i do believe its better to have and not need than need and not have also it only costs about £2 for a sticker if your a flag waiver of any persuasion 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

pete54

GG-2562
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got my contract through. Ordered 27/12/22. Followed from the beginning. Diesel 5 seat commercial with pretty much everything (because why wouldn’t you?) very much hoping that the gremlins have had enough water (or whatever killed them in the ‘80s). Need to read through without Rioja but this is both exciting and serious!

Beloved D4 decided that restricted performance was a good idea the other day (commercial caterer) -so is she taking the huff or are we going to have a smooth transition or angry bride(s)?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Planning on ordering my ineos next week.

Spec is

station wagon
Scottish white
17" know tyres and wheels
Access ladder ( not sure on this ?
Safari windows
Heat reflective privacy glass (undecided on this or panels)
Heated front seats
Altimeter
Smooth pack
Rough pack
Raised air intake
Aux battery /high load aux switches

Is this a good pick?
Hi Scottie and welcome.
I would question the colour and think about the Magic Mushroom as being more serviceable. I would also opt for glass as opposed to panels on two fronts.
1. Looks less like a van derivative
2. Possibly better resale?
Altimeter is a bit disappointing for me. Can’t see the digital aspect in daylight. Thinking I might change it out for an analog clock if I can find one that fits.
Overall. With 2200 miles on my Grenadier I am loving it. I know it’s a luxury but one thing that I really love is the Saddle leather steering wheel, brake lever, etc. can’t explain why exactly, but I love it. Sometimes it is the details that count.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
Just got my contract through. Ordered 27/12/22. Followed from the beginning. Diesel 5 seat commercial with pretty much everything (because why wouldn’t you?) very much hoping that the gremlins have had enough water (or whatever killed them in the ‘80s). Need to read through without Rioja but this is both exciting and serious!

Beloved D4 decided that restricted performance was a good idea the other day (commercial caterer) -so is she taking the huff or are we going to have a smooth transition or angry bride(s)?
Hi @pete54 I am happy for you. Just last night I went for a ride again and I am totally thrilled. In the meantime, I know how to deal with the error messages, so I no longer had a message after starting the engine.

Local time
Reaction score
Nah there was one on FB (and posted here I think) @DaveB where it looks like the seal has been poorly assembled (seems to be a thing with IA). But I think to label the IG a serial leaker is a bit of hyperbole.
And to IA's credit, I think the issues with the doors are more to do with the fact they took the water tight theme to the extreme and water just can't get past the external seal. They'll come up with a design solution for that without too much problem I would have thought.
Yeah that's the post I seen of the guy with the leaky roof. The doors don't bother be as the water never got past the most internal seal of the door

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Scottie and welcome.
I would question the colour and think about the Magic Mushroom as being more serviceable. I would also opt for glass as opposed to panels on two fronts.
1. Looks less like a van derivative
2. Possibly better resale?
Altimeter is a bit disappointing for me. Can’t see the digital aspect in daylight. Thinking I might change it out for an analog clock if I can find one that fits.
Overall. With 2200 miles on my Grenadier I am loving it. I know it’s a luxury but one thing that I really love is the Saddle leather steering wheel, brake lever, etc. can’t explain why exactly, but I love it. Sometimes it is the details that count.
Hello ,

I like the Scottish white , my first choice would be magic mushroom but Im still undecided if it's worth the extra £500 as I'm not to fussed about it.
Yeah I went for the glass back with the heat reflective privacy glass

Also didn't bother speccing the altimeter .

Local time
Reaction score
Most of the stuff comes as standard with the trial and fieldmasters it was too much hassle to spec everything from base model so mine has it more because im lazy rather than something thats an essential element but i do believe its better to have and not need than need and not have also it only costs about £2 for a sticker if your a flag waiver of any persuasion 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
I would like the field master as it's a passenger instead of a N1, also has some items I don't need . it's about £6-7k extra with the items I want over the station wagon

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The D4 'restricted performance' could be expensive. my last RP was for a crack in the air inlet manifold which allow turbo boost loss - cost me AUD$ '000's :-(

Back
Top Bottom