The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

HELLA LIGHT BAR GRILLE CONVERSION

Northumbrian Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Good morning All,

I have put some photos of my Hella Black Magic LED light bar conversion I fitted to my vehicle. It is wired to come on with the grille spot lamps, when you flash or main beam but also works from the roof mounted external power switch when the engine and ignition are off.

It gives off a great light beam but retains the original grille lamps to keep the look. It was also significantly less expensive than the grille conversions available!

What do people think? Would this be of interest if it was marketed as a kit?

Attachments

• LAMP 1.jpg
    LAMP 1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 105
  • LAMP 2.jpg
    LAMP 2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 103
  • LAMP 3.jpg
    LAMP 3.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 107

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s a canny little allotment shed your working in ! Tidy addition 👍

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
+1 for the kit!!!
I really like the conversion, had the same idea, but no one I talked to said it was possible.

So I‘m in! Which LED bar did you use?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Extra light is always a winner and if someone wants a very subtle addition, I. Think you have just come up with the ideal solution.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Good morning All,

I have put some photos of my Hella Black Magic LED light bar conversion I fitted to my vehicle. It is wired to come on with the grille spot lamps, when you flash or main beam but also works from the roof mounted external power switch when the engine and ignition are off.

It gives off a great light beam but retains the original grille lamps to keep the look. It was also significantly less expensive than the grille conversions available!

What do people think? Would this be of interest if it was marketed as a kit?
Hi Northumbrian Ineos, Looks nice, however it appears you may be obstructing airflow to a portion of the radiator. Perhaps ok, until you have a warranty claim. You'll then need to remember to remove it before taking it to the dealer. DaBull

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Not as neat, but very cheap (127 USD on Amazon). Attaches on top of the bumper with its four rubber covered magnetic foot pads along with a little help from some hardware store springs. Space behind it seems to allow adequate airflow.

IMG_9183.jpeg

Northumbrian Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Northumbrian Ineos, Looks nice, however it appears you may be obstructing airflow to a portion of the radiator. Perhaps ok, until you have a warranty claim. You'll then need to remember to remove it before taking it to the dealer. DaBull
Yes I did think that. Touch wood so far warranty issues only amount to daft electrical glitches and sticky door handles. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom