The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Heading over from California to Melbourne

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to Melbourne (AU) on Oct 27 for a biz trip. I don't know how much time I'll have free (it's work) but any accessories shop I should check out? Or some Australian gear I would bring back to California? I have a buddy in Melbourne who can mail order for me before I arrive.

I can bring home 2 x 70lbs worth of gear, as long as they fit in a box the size of a big piece of luggage.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
What goodies are you after? Here is the Aussie shopping list here. Canvas bag/products shopping list here.

Maybe a rear tyre garbage/storage bag. Probably a much bigger choice in Australia. Or a battery box with DC to DC charger, minus the battery, like this KickAss. Buy the battery in the US.

REAR WHEEL BAGS (STORAGE AND/OR GARBAGE)
  1. Blacksmith Camping Supplies bags here (4 models);
  2. BOSS Australia Premium Wheel bag here (4 colours);
  3. Bushranger Wheelie Bin here;
  4. CAOS rear tyre bag here (2 models);
  5. Carnaby Canvas PVC Spare Wheel Bag here (3 colours);
  6. Crashpad rear tyre bags here (8 models to choose from);
  7. Destination4WD 42L garbage bag here;
  8. DMW Spare Tyre bag here;
  9. Drifta Stockton Wheel Cover Bag, Drifta Canvas Wheel Cover Bag Firepit and Tred Pocket, Drifta Canvas Wheel Cover Bag Standard and Drifta Pvc Wheel Cover Bag;
  10. MSA4X4 bags here (2 models);
  11. Navigator Wheel Pack/Bin here;
  12. OGS’s The Mongrel Premium rear wheel bag here (2 models, with and without Maxtrax Pouch);
  13. Ozki Trash Spare Wheel Cover here (5 sizes and 4 colours);
  14. PM Canvas Products custom rear wheel bag here;
  15. Trasharoo Bin Bag here (3 colours); and
  16. Underkover Canvas Canopy Rubbish Bin Bag - Sail Track Mounted here (you need a canopy, so QM Cab Chassis only).
Or a selection of canvas products, which are light weight, take minimal space, etc.

If you are interested in rear wheel bags start with Blacksmith Camping, Crashpad, MSA4X4 and if you want really high end look at Destination4WD.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to Melbourne (AU) on Oct 27 for a biz trip. I don't know how much time I'll have free (it's work) but any accessories shop I should check out? Or some Australian gear I would bring back to California? I have a buddy in Melbourne who can mail order for me before I arrive.

I can bring home 2 x 70lbs worth of gear, as long as they fit in a box the size of a big piece of luggage.
Are you flying over Germany on the way back? ;)

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
+1 👍 on the destination 4wd bin bag. I’ve got one. It’s a bit baggy on my 285/70r17 tire, likely a better fit for a 35, but I still like it.
Not that it would fit in your carry on, but their D270 degree free standing awning is the Bee’s Knees!!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know at least two of us are using the Blacksmith Camping Wheel Bins. I used the MSA4X4 on my Patrol for years.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
More seriously I think its a chance to pick up smaller accessories from ARB or TJM such as their twin air compressors, your Yankee dollars would make these a good buy.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can pick up smaller things and bring with me, certainly compressors etc. I think a roof rack is pushing it...
I'm spending a week in Tokyo and a week in Singapore first so prefer to not lug around super heavy stuff but I can fill up an extra bag.

You're thinking about the catuned off-road tjm compressor and bracket? That's what I'm installing in my Grenadier.

I think I'd be interested in a set of canvas covers, going to Google the Aussie market for that.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
+1 👍 on the destination 4wd bin bag. I’ve got one. It’s a bit baggy on my 285/70r17 tire, likely a better fit for a 35, but I still like it.
Not that it would fit in your carry on, but their D270 degree free standing awning is the Bee’s Knees!!
That d270 looks pretty amazing...

Anyone in Australia that has that installed on a 3/4 rack and can take some pics for me?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I'd be interested in a set of canvas covers, going to Google the Aussie market for that.
Start here where many of the Aussie canvas companies are listed.

What do you mean by canvas covers and I can be more precise which company to look at on that list.

The portable ARB twin air compressor comes in a case. You can easily take it out of the case and install it in the car, like ORS did for me. Downside the air tank takes up more room, but gives better performance.

ARB-CKMTP12__portable.jpg

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i meant canvas seat covers. i think i would like to add that to my car.
I've seen the ones from Africa, they look pretty good.

i really like the tire bag someone posted a link to. Blacksmith Camping Wheel Bin

And i really like the aussie made hardkorr dimmable camping lights (white, warm white and orange). Seems legit and reasonably priced. Any reviews of them?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
SEATS COVERS
  1. RubberTree. There has been one report of fitment issues with the Rubber Tree seat covers here;
  2. Woolly Fleece in Townsville have made custom seat covers for the Grenadier, photos here;
  3. SupaFit seats cover are available now. They are not listed on the website, but you can order via phone or email. My mini review of the Supafit seat covers here;
  4. Black Duck seat covers for the INEOS Grenadier are now on their website (thanks @pedrogb);
  5. Nakatanenga Seat Covers here.
I have had some issues with my Supafit seat covers. So maybe look at Black Duck.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A couple of us have the Blacksmith Camping Wheel bins. They make very good products. I have several of their products.

I have not used the HardKorr lights, but also look at the Teralume X Strip dimmable as well. Because of the choice always double check the you are buying the ones you want. I suggest dimmable dual colour (white/amber or triple) or the brand you want.

Teralume Industries X Strip lights. Stripe lights also available at DRIFTA, PDP and ÓFFROAD Living;

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can pick up smaller things and bring with me, certainly compressors etc. I think a roof rack is pushing it...
I'm spending a week in Tokyo and a week in Singapore first so prefer to not lug around super heavy stuff but I can fill up an extra bag.

You're thinking about the catuned off-road tjm compressor and bracket? That's what I'm installing in my Grenadier.

I meant buy your air compressor here. You can get the ARB twin here for AUD$728 which is approx USD$473, or the TJM single is AUD$399 which is approx USD$263. You can also claim back the 10% GST component at the airport when you depart.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah,

Got it. I misunderstood.

I need the compressor for the Grenadier fest in Moab on October 10, exactly 2 weeks before I'm in Australia. I'm committed to it.

What do you guys think of the morrflate digital air hub? It looks pretty awesome and I've come to believe that is another Aussie origin product?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah,

Got it. I misunderstood.

I need the compressor for the Grenadier fest in Moab on October 10, exactly 2 weeks before I'm in Australia. I'm committed to it.

What do you guys think of the morrflate digital air hub? It looks pretty awesome and I've come to believe that is another Aussie origin product?
Similar to the MAXTRAX Indeflate (2 and 4 hose models), and that is a South African Invention I believe.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like those black duck seat covers. Any member here have them installed and can give a review? Are US seats identical to Australia seats or is there a difference ( I've heard that the seat headrests differs).

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like those black duck seat covers. Any member here have them installed and can give a review? Are US seats identical to Australia seats or is there a difference ( I've heard that the seat headrests differs).
Ask @pedrogb I think he has them.

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nope, I have the Woolly Fleece ones, locally made here in Townsville. Very happy. Glad I got them prior to my Cape York trip. A fair whack cheaper than Black Duck too.

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:53 PM
Reaction score
What Aussie beers are still good?

Tough to find here in Arizona other than the Canadian brewed swill.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom